Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2010, 11:10 AM   #31
jc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 419
Default Re: Froch owns Calzaghe

Carl loves giving it the big un. It talks about has beens, and yes Calzaghe is no longer a prime Calzaghe, but if he came back he'd be straight back on Sky Box Office.. While Froch who is 33 himself is wasting away on the wastelands of primetime..
jc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #32
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Quote:
Originally Posted by s23041983 View Post
wrong

Right.

Calzaghe was a decent Euro level champion.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:13 AM   #33
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc View Post
Carl loves giving it the big un. It talks about has beens, and yes Calzaghe is no longer a prime Calzaghe, but if he came back he'd be straight back on Sky Box Office.. While Froch who is 33 himself is wasting away on the wastelands of primetime..
What has that got to do with anything?

What is your point?
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:15 AM   #34
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazallan View Post
Right.

Calzaghe was a decent Euro level champion.
so tell me, how many calzaghe fights have YOU seen?
s23041983 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #35
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

Man, it's a pity Froch didn't hit the big time a couple of years earlier. A fight between these 2 would have been a great match, with a great build up.
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:22 AM   #36
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed7890 View Post
Man, it's a pity Froch didn't hit the big time a couple of years earlier. A fight between these 2 would have been a great match, with a great build up.
You really think Calzaghe would of fought him? No way. Stick to the reality TV stars and OAPs. He had to begged into fighting Lacy, he wanted out.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:23 AM   #37
DOM5153
They Cannot Run Forever
East Side Guru

vCash: 7562

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHomeJerome View Post
You really think Calzaghe would of fought him? No way. Stick to the reality TV stars and OAPs. He had to begged into fighting Lacy, he wanted out.
OMFG your obsession with JC makes me laugh
DOM5153 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:28 AM   #38
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

I don't get why Calzaghe has come out and started all this nonsense again with Froch?

I was under the impression the two had called a truce in their slanging matches and also remember Froch recently praising Calzaghe in an interview, saying he was a great champion and should now enjoy a well earned break.

Calzaghe has also been quite complimentary towards Froch saying he wished him luck in the super 6?

I used to hate the fact that Froch brought up Calzaghe's name in every interview, but to be fair to the bloke, he put a stop to it once he won his world title. Why is a retired Calzaghe still bringing up the same old rubbish?

He should either let Froch get on with his career or do some hard work in the gym for the next couple of months and sort out a mega fight against Froch in Cardiff.

There's no point slagging off another fighter from the comfort and safety of the retirement chair!
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #39
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

Ah I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and say that if the money was there he would have gone for it.
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #40
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

calzaghe isnt afraid of ANYONE!!! he knows his limitations due to his mashed hands!
Old 02-24-2010, 11:48 AM   #41
46and0
It's irrefutable.
ESB Addict

vCash: 165

Calzaghe would embarrass Froch on his way to his second loss. 120-108 each scorecard.
46and0 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 12:05 PM   #42
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blackout View Post
I don't get why Calzaghe has come out and started all this nonsense again with Froch?

I was under the impression the two had called a truce in their slanging matches and also remember Froch recently praising Calzaghe in an interview, saying he was a great champion and should now enjoy a well earned break.

Calzaghe has also been quite complimentary towards Froch saying he wished him luck in the super 6?

I used to hate the fact that Froch brought up Calzaghe's name in every interview, but to be fair to the bloke, he put a stop to it once he won his world title. Why is a retired Calzaghe still bringing up the same old rubbish?

He should either let Froch get on with his career or do some hard work in the gym for the next couple of months and sort out a mega fight against Froch in Cardiff.

There's no point slagging off another fighter from the comfort and safety of the retirement chair!
I sometimes wonder if they laugh about this together away from the lights of the press.

I remember them talking on the phone for ITV and it looked so staged it's untrue.

I don't think they dislike one another.

As an aside, where is the thread from yesterday that was discussing the initial barb from Joe? Has it been deleted?
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 12:53 PM   #43
The Blackout
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
I sometimes wonder if they laugh about this together away from the lights of the press.

I remember them talking on the phone for ITV and it looked so staged it's untrue.

I don't think they dislike one another.

As an aside, where is the thread from yesterday that was discussing the initial barb from Joe? Has it been deleted?
It does all seem a bit strange and staged. I also remember the ITV phone call between the two, where Froch kept saying "when are we going to get it on in the ring" and Calzaghe was just saying "money talks in this business" etc etc.

Maybe they've agreed to slag each other off every so often so they can both keep their names in the papers!?

I think Froch did his best to promote himself by calling Calzaghe out for two years - the only problem, is that Hennessey keeps negotiating his fights with Primetime!!?

Who knows, If Froch had been promoted better and built up a big following through having his fights on sky - maybe the money and interest would have been there to get a fight with Calzaghe sorted??
The Blackout is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #44
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by s23041983 View Post
calzaghe isnt afraid of ANYONE!!! he knows his limitations due to his mashed hands!
***cough*** Glen ***cough*** Johnson
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #45
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
***cough*** Glen ***cough*** Johnson
hahahahahahahaha, glen johnson? that fat guy who omar sheike beat before he fought calzaghe?

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum