Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 07:54 AM   #46
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 75
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
I see you can't let your hatred of Calzaghe lie. Pudwill was a two week replacement, and Calzaghe dispatched him in a manner that he should have done.
Whereas he went the distance with the 'the great' Sven Ottke!!!
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 AM   #47
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,875
vCash: 75
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will View Post
Whereas he went the distance with the 'the great' Sven Ottke!!!
You will meet no one that calls Ottke 'great'. No one worth their salt anyway.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:19 AM   #48
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
I see you can't let your hatred of Calzaghe lie. Pudwill was a two week replacement, and Calzaghe dispatched him in a manner that he should have done.
Who was Pudwill a replacement for?......the spritely for his very advanced age Thomas "Ice Tea" Tate...the irony of Pudwills chance is that he probably had more of a shot at victory than the man he replaced
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:23 AM   #49
Will
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 5,614
vCash: 75
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
You will meet no one that calls Ottke 'great'. No one worth their salt anyway.
I just enjoy being sarcastic. If nothing else Ottke was 'great' at earning money.

Only second in boxing behind the golden boy!!!
Will is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:33 AM   #50
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 2019
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Who was Pudwill a replacement for?......the spritely for his very advanced age Thomas "Ice Tea" Tate...the irony of Pudwills chance is that he probably had more of a shot at victory than the man he replaced
Tate did a Steve Collins and retired rather than fight Joe.

It's hard to comprehend how many fighters Calzaghe ruined.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #51
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,619
vCash: 664
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant1 View Post
Tate did a Steve Collins and retired rather than fight Joe.

It's hard to comprehend how many fighters Calzaghe ruined.
True, he ruined both Pudwill and Tate in one fight
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:53 AM   #52
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,923
vCash: 2019
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
True, he ruined both Pudwill and Tate in one fight
Eubank AND Collins

He cleaned out the whole of the 'golden era' in his first Championship fight.

People just don't get it.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:17 AM   #53
NoHomeJerome
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 4,106
vCash: 75
Default Re: Calzaghe struggles to make supermiddle exaggerated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSTempleGarden View Post
I see you can't let your hatred of Calzaghe lie. Pudwill was a two week replacement, and Calzaghe dispatched him in a manner that he should have done.
That argument would hold some substance if Pudwill was actually replacing someone half decent.
NoHomeJerome is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013