Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2010, 07:02 PM   #1
stegsie
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Latest VIPBoxing News

JAMIE MOORE Next boxes on the 3rd April 2010 Hayemaker event at the MEN arena where he will compete at Middleweight in a 10 round International contest. He was offered the Darren Barker fight but the team declined this as it was over 8 years ago when he first fought for a British title and we all believe he is beyond domestic level. A inspired performance at the new weight is expected and then we can look for World opportunities.

TONY QUIGLEY Also fights on this card in a 8 round contest and is also now campaigning at Middleweight . Tony offered to take the Darren Barker fight on this show but was turned down at the other end , it should also be noted he accepted a proposal to fight Brian Magee for the European Super-Middleweight title on this promotion but negotiations collapsed.

CARL DILKS - Was gutted to see his British Eliminator with George Groves fall through due to George getting a shot at the Commonwealth title. Carl is still on the show but only doing a 6 round contest with the promise of first crack at Groves should he win.

GARY DAVIES - Will have to wait for a shot at Stuart Hall and the English Bantamweight title as Hall as pulled out of the schedule 19th March event at Leigh stating a preference to go to purse bids. Gary now boxes Andy Bell in a round contest.

27th BLACKPOOL TOWER SHOW Tickets priced at 35.00 are still available for this great venue and event which will be topped by local hero Brian Rose fighting for the British Masters International title against Frenchman Bertrand Aloa supported with a 7 fight under card . Tickets will be available on the night.
stegsie is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
daveyboy1609
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 206
Default Re: Latest VIPBoxing News

Should of taken the Barker fight- would of been a brilliant British showdown and Barker himself is beyond British IMO.
daveyboy1609 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 04:23 AM   #3
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Moore - Barker was a solid match Stegsie, i'll be very suprised if a ten round marking time bout gives Jamie any credance at world class middleweight. Don't get me wrong, I think its sensible not taking the fight just yet- a win at the weight first would get him off on the right foot, but describing the British title as beneath him is not quite right in my opinion... two weight British champion has a very nice ring to it.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 04:48 AM   #4
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegsie View Post
GARY DAVIES - Will have to wait for a shot at Stuart Hall and the English Bantamweight title as Hall as pulled out of the schedule 19th March event at Leigh stating a preference to go to purse bids. Gary now boxes Andy Bell in a round contest.
Gutted about that - lets hope they fight soon.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:06 AM   #5
Gaz S
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Moore - Barker was a solid match Stegsie, i'll be very suprised if a ten round marking time bout gives Jamie any credance at world class middleweight. Don't get me wrong, I think its sensible not taking the fight just yet- a win at the weight first would get him off on the right foot, but describing the British title as beneath him is not quite right in my opinion... two weight British champion has a very nice ring to it.

I agree with this. Being a British champion should be an advantage with your world ranking. Jamie is above domestic level agreed (as is Barker), but the British title is still worthwhile.
And as the Bomber says, a two weight British champion carries that extra credence.

Best of luck to all the V.I.P boxers. Shame Quigley's proposals against Barker or Magee didn't come through though. In honesty, I think Barker would beat him right now, but Tony would give a great account of himself and gain some great experience, which will benefit further down the line.
I would actually give him a good shout against Magee, a good match-up that.
Gaz S is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 AM   #6
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Agree with all the above.

Its a missed opportunity, British title or not - if he could have beaten Barker it would have made a statement to the rest of the division in Europe. The guy he is facing isn't a clown but losing to Murray isn't the best form line.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:27 AM   #7
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beeston Brawler View Post
Agree with all the above.

Its a missed opportunity, British title or not - if he could have beaten Barker it would have made a statement to the rest of the division in Europe. The guy he is facing isn't a clown but losing to Murray isn't the best form line.
I don't mind Moore having a warm-up fight next considering he is moving up in weight and is coming off a loss in a war with Rhodes, plus he also had an injury recently. If I remember correctly, Jamie is still ranked highly by the WBC even in the middleweight rankings so after this warm-up I guess he will challenge some of the higher ranked guys in the WBC rankings.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:45 AM   #8
Beeston Brawler
Comical Ali-egedly
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

I wouldn't usually.

Given that he'll have had six months off - dunno it just seems like a missed opportunity.

If it all works out, great, but he's no spring chicken and has always been in the 'who needs him' club.
Beeston Brawler is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 AM   #9
hitandhope
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 989

Quote:
Yes, and all credit to Barker for offering to take on Moore.
hitandhope is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:53 AM   #10
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2019

Quote:
This ^
Grant1 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 05:55 AM   #11
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
I wouldn't usually.

Given that he'll have had six months off - dunno it just seems like a missed opportunity.

If it all works out, great, but he's no spring chicken and has always been in the 'who needs him' club.
And if Moore lost to Barker where would that leave him? Moore would want to be 100% for that fight, and he wouldn't be that on April 3rd IMO.
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2010, 11:02 AM   #12
Mikey7
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
I wouldn't usually.

How dare you!
Mikey7 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum