Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2010, 11:45 AM   #16
HMSTempleGarden
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Scotland
Posts: 6,353
vCash: 2522
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

maybe Sky weren't interested considering Haye is on SBO the following month.
HMSTempleGarden is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2010, 12:01 PM   #17
johna_83
31/10/2010
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

[quote=shaunster101;6190896][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


"Froch transcends boxing - I've just been in airports for two days and have been blown away by the way he's being recognised everywhere.
"But if every one of his fights had been on terrestrial TV, it would be phenomenal."


sure he does mick....
johna_83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #18
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Only Mackem In The Village
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 2952
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Didn't Mick say Froch was the biggest draw in the sport after the Taylor fight?
safc1990 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #19
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

i think you guys need to get used to primetime and ppv. its the way its been in the US for years, were just 20 years behind.

if you wanna be a boxing fan, ppv is hows it going to be. the sport justt doesnt work on terrestrial tv and doesnt have enough casual fans for subscription.

with primetime at least you have a choise, if you wanna watch the fight, pay 10, if you dont dont pay. better than nothing.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #20
johna_83
31/10/2010
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Quote:
Originally Posted by safc1990 View Post
Didn't Mick say Froch was the biggest draw in the sport after the Taylor fight?
He did yeah

Froch said Mick was the biggest promoter in the sport too.....no arguments from me on that one
johna_83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:25 PM   #21
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: The Only Mackem In The Village
Posts: 2,511
vCash: 2952
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Quote:
Originally Posted by johna_83 View Post
He did yeah

Froch said Mick was the biggest promoter in the sport too.....no arguments from me on that one
What about Gary Shaw? Must be plenty of food ordered between them two in the Super 6 promoters meetings.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #22
johna_83
31/10/2010
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 782
vCash: 500
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Quote:
Originally Posted by safc1990 View Post
What about Gary Shaw? Must be plenty of food ordered between them two in the Super 6 promoters meetings.
Its a toss up like...or fry up...however you wanna look at it

I would imagine Ken Hershman's got every takeaway within a 5 mile radius on a high state of alert when those 2 beasts come to town
johna_83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:23 PM   #23
CharlieGarbs
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Croydon
Posts: 927
vCash: 75
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

How Froch is still with Mick I do not bloody know, what a terrible promoter.
CharlieGarbs is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #24
DB10
Gooner
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: LA via London
Posts: 227
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Quote:
Originally Posted by johna_83 View Post
Its a toss up like...or fry up...however you wanna look at it

I would imagine Ken Hershman's got every takeaway within a 5 mile radius on a high state of alert when those 2 beasts come to town
Did you see the fight camp 360 episode 4 trailer when they are all in the board room and everyone is having a laugh and the camera pans to Mick who is on his phone playing games probably thinking " **** me when's lunch".
DB10 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:32 PM   #25
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,890
vCash: 1075
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

I don't get why they don't put him on terrestial for peanuts....

Then if Froch is impressive, they might find that channels will actually bid quite a bit more for his next fight......(not hard to market a german vs englishman fight, is it?)
onourway is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:38 PM   #26
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 3071
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Froch would be a big star under ****** but i doubt ****** would have agreed to the super six. Shit like this comic relief dancing stunt is a weak last gasp attempt to gain recognition and would have worked better had he not just mocked JC for dancing on tv. Surely Mick and Carl saw the work david haye put in on tv everyday in the build up to his fight and you would think they would try and emulate it.
20a87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:55 PM   #27
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Han's Island
Posts: 10,706
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Lets not bash primetime too much, remember what happened to setanta?
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:58 PM   #28
JIM KELLY
Bullshyt Mr Han Man!
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Han's Island
Posts: 10,706
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
i think you guys need to get used to primetime and ppv. its the way its been in the US for years, were just 20 years behind.

if you wanna be a boxing fan, ppv is hows it going to be. the sport justt doesnt work on terrestrial tv and doesnt have enough casual fans for subscription.

with primetime at least you have a choise, if you wanna watch the fight, pay 10, if you dont dont pay. better than nothing.
how does boxing work in germany? Its on rtl (terrest) channel right? Do they even get the american cards?
JIM KELLY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #29
Bodysnatcher
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 7,161
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

edit

Last edited by Bodysnatcher; 02-15-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Bodysnatcher is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 02:18 PM   #30
ricardoparker93
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 5403
Default Re: 'Froch's promoter says pay-per-view TV is only option'

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Froch would be a big star under ****** but i doubt ****** would have agreed to the super six. Shit like this comic relief dancing stunt is a weak last gasp attempt to gain recognition and would have worked better had he not just mocked JC for dancing on tv. Surely Mick and Carl saw the work david haye put in on tv everyday in the build up to his fight and you would think they would try and emulate it.
exactly. Haye is a reconisable sportsman because he does all the morning shows and goes on jonathon ross and soccer AM and shit like that. I mean Mick must be so ****ing thick to be so short sited; if he beats Kessler on ITV then he can go to sky box office and do big numbers when he fights Abraham.

NOBODY outside nottingham knows who Froch is and it will stay that way unless they change their promotional outlook.
ricardoparker93 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013