Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 06:14 PM   #3016
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Wigan are absolute shite and Torres + Gerrard are available. Wigan literally don't have any good players. Point taken though.


Also got a sneaking feeling Sunderland might end their long and very shit run.


Anyway, Devon is the one I'm loading up on. Way too skilled for Urango.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #3017
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I'm also confident in Pacquiao by decision over Clottey. 7/4. I'm hoping it goes out to 2/1 and then I'll jump on it.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:16 PM   #3018
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Wigan are absolute shite and Torres + Gerrard are available. Wigan literally don't have any good players. Point taken though.


Also got a sneaking feeling Sunderland might end their long and very shit run.


Anyway, Devon is the one I'm loading up on. Way too skilled for Urango.

Yes I can see what your saying to mate, I think Devon will box rings round Urango pity bet365 got onto there 5/1 for Devon UD
skel1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:18 PM   #3019
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,447
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

I won't be betting on Liverpool away from home,especially vs Wigan on a shit pitch.They ought to win,I just wouldn't feel comfortable with money down

Everton looks good though.Plenty to go at this weekend
djoc175 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #3020
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Yes I can see what your saying to mate, I think Devon will box rings round Urango pity bet365 got onto there 5/1 for Devon UD
The bastards on there don't miss a trick, you had no chance. I remember catching them out on an in-play Argentine league game, a team scored but they didn't suspend the market. My bet went through on the result (there was like 3 mins left), the game ended, thought I'd got away with it but then I get a message saying it will be settled at the revised odds of 1/7
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #3021
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Pac/Clottey is really reminding me a lot of Vitali/Kingpin. The odds are against it going the distance, I really don't see that. It's another one of those fights where the bookies are banking on past form and not really realizing the styles at work. Y'all thought I was insane taking Vitali by decision at 4/1 when he's only failed to stop one opponent of his victories. But I see this one the same, despite Pac's run of KO's this one is a decision.

Clottey is built like something I've never seen before in a welterweight. He keeps it very tight when he's under fire..when all said and done he'll resort to that if he's getting his ass kicked. Pacquiao wouldn't have stopped a big guy in De La Hoya if De La Hoya had anything like the freshness and defence of Clottey. Do they think Pac is going to stop him to the body when Clottey has the ear muffs on? Get outta here...

I think the 1/5 Pac to win is fair though...Clottey can't do enough to win the fight. Therefore 7/4 for Pacquiao decision equates to a sound investment IMO.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:33 PM   #3022
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #3023
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
The bastards on there don't miss a trick, you had no chance. I remember catching them out on an in-play Argentine league game, a team scored but they didn't suspend the market. My bet went through on the result (there was like 3 mins left), the game ended, thought I'd got away with it but then I get a message saying it will be settled at the revised odds of 1/7
Haha speaking of that!!

Hi Chris

We are contacting you regarding bet ID QJ262217*** placed at the odds of 11/2 on Draw (Fulltime Result Velez Sarsfield v Boca Juniors). We have identified that this selection was placed at incorrect odds and as such, in accordance with our rules, will be settled at the revised odds of 1/7.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #3024
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Pac/Clottey is really reminding me a lot of Vitali/Kingpin. The odds are against it going the distance, I really don't see that. It's another one of those fights where the bookies are banking on past form and not really realizing the styles at work. Y'all thought I was insane taking Vitali by decision at 4/1 when he's only failed to stop one opponent of his victories. But I see this one the same, despite Pac's run of KO's this one is a decision.

Clottey is built like something I've never seen before in a welterweight. He keeps it very tight when he's under fire..when all said and done he'll resort to that if he's getting his ass kicked. Pacquiao wouldn't have stopped a big guy in De La Hoya if De La Hoya had anything like the freshness and defence of Clottey. Do they think Pac is going to stop him to the body when Clottey has the ear muffs on? Get outta here...

I think the 1/5 Pac to win is fair though...Clottey can't do enough to win the fight. Therefore 7/4 for Pacquiao decision equates to a sound investment IMO.
I'm with you on this one TFFP (as I think I was with the VK/KJ fight going long although I didn't know enough about KJ to load up).

Decision win for Pac looks good value for me.
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #3025
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Newcastle and Rochdale double is paying just over even odds.

Newcastle at home should have far too much for Barnsley. I was at the Watford Newcastle game last Sat and 1-2 was unbelievably flattering to Watford even though Newcastle never got our of second gear.

Rochdale coming off a great win and Lincoln away from home are poor.
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:04 PM   #3026
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Arsenal
West Ham
Everton

Good value at around 2.75/1

West Ham look to be the weak link but have had two good wins on the bounce at home and Coyle has taken his abysmal away form with him to Bolton.
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:08 PM   #3027
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseLad View Post
Haha speaking of that!!

Hi Chris

We are contacting you regarding bet ID QJ262217*** placed at the odds of 11/2 on Draw (Fulltime Result Velez Sarsfield v Boca Juniors). We have identified that this selection was placed at incorrect odds and as such, in accordance with our rules, will be settled at the revised odds of 1/7.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
That's the exact one. We nearly had them mate.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #3028
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
I no it's a little early, who you all got in the Gold Cup??
Not looked at the form or odds properly yet but it's looking a tight call from the Nicholls stable.

Interesting to hear Ruby had a bit of trouble choosing who to ride and Denman is already coming in in price. 7-2 from 4-1.

What you thinking?
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3029
Cpt_Vodka
Teddy Atlas
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 414
vCash: 446
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Vodka View Post
Not bad I presume....

i got England vs. Egypt, Portugal vs. China, and Holland vs. USA at even odds



Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Good bets this weekend...

Liverpool 8/13
Everton 2/5

Devon Alexander 3/10 or 4/6 by decision
Everton might be a decent stab to put in a parlay. But as stated above, I, nor probably anyone, don't feel comfortable putting money on Liverpool, especially away, despite the opponent.

Hull have looked pretty decent when i seen them play vs. Chelsea in a draw, but they are just always a inconsistent team in away fixtures (0-4-10) so this should be a decent stab in a parlay, as i stated....

I'm liking Palermo at 1/2 odd vs. a very weak Livorno team. Seen them last week vs a struggling Juventus in Turin, and they were pretty solid to say the least, and no major injuries etc.... Solid home record too (9-4-0) compared to (2-2-

Hamburg at 1/2 vs. Berlin is probably also parlay worthy as well. Seen them vs. Bayern briefly in a 1-0 loss, looked pretty tight in the back and mid...plus with Van Nistolroy possibly being available at least during a HT super sub. Star Croatian will be available tho

Quote:
Mladen Petric's involvement is not in any doubt, despite the fact he missed training for three days this week. He was allowed to rest only as a precautionary measure due to a niggling ankle injury.

Hes a guy who could definably rip the Hertha defense up, he thrives on these teams to score. Hertha, probably along with Wolfsburg, have probably the worst defense's in the BL atm.

Dortmund at 5/7 is a pretty decent odd for a "comeback game" for Dortmund, but I don't think I would be comfortable going for that...I usually watch BVB a bit and they looked real bad vs. Schalke, they let the lead slip away and lost 2-1 in a 50/50 type game. But if your looking for a longshot bet, id give it a stab, but i see a draw in this one.

Thats pretty much all I got as far as what im gonna be betting on goes...

Add those three teams (Palermo, Hamburg and Everton) and ill get double...

ill probably put down 35 to win 70, seems like a confident bet to me.

I also have these teams in a previous parlay with prior games...i have England over Egypt, Portugal over China, and I got Arsenal, Hamburg, and Palermo at 30 quid to win 100.

Anyone got any La Liga tips?
Cpt_Vodka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3030
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
That's the exact one. We nearly had them mate.
Haha! I sent a reply to that fuming with rage but they wouldnt budge the bastards!

We'll get them one day!
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013