Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

 
  


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3136
Cpt_Vodka
Teddy Atlas
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 414
vCash: 446
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Vodka View Post
Not bad I presume....

i got England vs. Egypt, Portugal vs. China, and Holland vs. USA at even odds



Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Good bets this weekend...

Liverpool 8/13
Everton 2/5

Devon Alexander 3/10 or 4/6 by decision
Everton might be a decent stab to put in a parlay. But as stated above, I, nor probably anyone, don't feel comfortable putting money on Liverpool, especially away, despite the opponent.

Hull have looked pretty decent when i seen them play vs. Chelsea in a draw, but they are just always a inconsistent team in away fixtures (0-4-10) so this should be a decent stab in a parlay, as i stated....

I'm liking Palermo at 1/2 odd vs. a very weak Livorno team. Seen them last week vs a struggling Juventus in Turin, and they were pretty solid to say the least, and no major injuries etc.... Solid home record too (9-4-0) compared to (2-2-

Hamburg at 1/2 vs. Berlin is probably also parlay worthy as well. Seen them vs. Bayern briefly in a 1-0 loss, looked pretty tight in the back and mid...plus with Van Nistolroy possibly being available at least during a HT super sub. Star Croatian will be available tho

Quote:
Mladen Petric's involvement is not in any doubt, despite the fact he missed training for three days this week. He was allowed to rest only as a precautionary measure due to a niggling ankle injury.

Hes a guy who could definably rip the Hertha defense up, he thrives on these teams to score. Hertha, probably along with Wolfsburg, have probably the worst defense's in the BL atm.

Dortmund at 5/7 is a pretty decent odd for a "comeback game" for Dortmund, but I don't think I would be comfortable going for that...I usually watch BVB a bit and they looked real bad vs. Schalke, they let the lead slip away and lost 2-1 in a 50/50 type game. But if your looking for a longshot bet, id give it a stab, but i see a draw in this one.

Thats pretty much all I got as far as what im gonna be betting on goes...

Add those three teams (Palermo, Hamburg and Everton) and ill get double...

ill probably put down 35 to win 70, seems like a confident bet to me.

I also have these teams in a previous parlay with prior games...i have England over Egypt, Portugal over China, and I got Arsenal, Hamburg, and Palermo at 30 quid to win 100.

Anyone got any La Liga tips?
Cpt_Vodka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:26 PM   #3137
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
That's the exact one. We nearly had them mate.
Haha! I sent a reply to that fuming with rage but they wouldnt budge the bastards!

We'll get them one day!
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:29 PM   #3138
skel1983
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,074
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
Not looked at the form or odds properly yet but it's looking a tight call from the Nicholls stable.

Interesting to hear Ruby had a bit of trouble choosing who to ride and Denman is already coming in in price. 7-2 from 4-1.

What you thinking?
Tell you mate I was thinking Kauto but I think I been getting a bit carried away with the hype Denman deffo the value for me, and his performance in the Hennessey was unreal, I no Kauto looked very impressive in the King George, but I think Denman is the value, in reality I think they should be something like:

Kauto Star 6/4
Denman 5/2.

4/1 if still available is a great price.
skel1983 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #3139
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Anyone liking Darchinyan for a quick KO?

11/4 for a Darchinyan win in either 1-3 or 4-6.

Never seen the other guy fight but his record is shit. Anyone seen much of him?
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #3140
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseLad View Post
Haha! I sent a reply to that fuming with rage but they wouldnt budge the bastards!

We'll get them one day!
I knew something was up when they took over half an hour to settle, they're usually very quick. Probably consulting their lawyers and terms and conditions for a way to get out of that one.

I know its in their rules but I'd love to know how placing a bet at a specific odds and then them changing the odds afterwards holds up in court. The idea is once they've accepted a bet its a contract between you and them, yet it seems to be only them that can back out and change things. Pisses me off...but oh well, taking money from them is some consolation.
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:34 PM   #3141
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I knew something was up when they took over half an hour to settle, they're usually very quick. Probably consulting their lawyers and terms and conditions for a way to get out of that one.

I know its in their rules but I'd love to know how placing a bet at a specific odds and then them changing the odds afterwards holds up in court. The idea is once they've accepted a bet its a contract between you and them, yet it seems to be only them that can back out and change things. Pisses me off...but oh well, taking money from them is some consolation.
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:35 PM   #3142
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1983 View Post
Tell you mate I was thinking Kauto but I think I been getting a bit carried away with the hype Denman deffo the value for me, and his performance in the Hennessey was unreal, I no Kauto looked very impressive in the King George, but I think Denman is the value, in reality I think they should be something like:

Kauto Star 6/4
Denman 5/2.

4/1 if still available is a great price.
I'm going to reserve judgement until I've had a proper look.
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 PM   #3143
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Slough (via Newcastle)
Posts: 954
vCash: 600
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Vodka View Post



Anyone got any La Liga tips?
I haven't seen any games or highlights for a couple of weeks but Deportivo seem good value at home to Tenerife (who have a pretty poor away record).

Throw Barca in for a double at just over even money.
RichT is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #3144
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I knew something was up when they took over half an hour to settle, they're usually very quick. Probably consulting their lawyers and terms and conditions for a way to get out of that one.

I know its in their rules but I'd love to know how placing a bet at a specific odds and then them changing the odds afterwards holds up in court. The idea is once they've accepted a bet its a contract between you and them, yet it seems to be only them that can back out and change things. Pisses me off...but oh well, taking money from them is some consolation.
Same here mate, im franctically clicking "unsettled bets" or "my balance" then when it goes past about 15-20mins for an inplay game its like "argh, something is up here" so I ended up going to bed, logging on in the morning and see "1 new message" and you know exactly what it is!

Their stream or whatever they were watching on was behind the whole game so it should be their mistake and they pay for it but they always wriggle out of it. If your regular guy can be ahead of them then its their own ineptitude that means they're behind, they shouldnt be able to get out of that.

I do love their site though, I was betfair mad until someone told me to check out 365 and ive barely used betfair since. The amount you can do is insane, theres so much variety its immense.
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:44 PM   #3145
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Reykjavík
Posts: 22,534
vCash: 2500
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouseLad View Post
Same here mate, im franctically clicking "unsettled bets" or "my balance" then when it goes past about 15-20mins for an inplay game its like "argh, something is up here" so I ended up going to bed, logging on in the morning and see "1 new message" and you know exactly what it is!

Their stream or whatever they were watching on was behind the whole game so it should be their mistake and they pay for it but they always wriggle out of it. If your regular guy can be ahead of them then its their own ineptitude that means they're behind, they shouldnt be able to get out of that.

I do love their site though, I was betfair mad until someone told me to check out 365 and ive barely used betfair since. The amount you can do is insane, theres so much variety its immense.
Same here, I'm an avid 365 user. Odds are kinda middle of the road, sometimes good sometimes average, but for pure ease of use and variety it can't be beat.

The great irony is the disclaimer at the bottom of in-play markets, they tell you that if the info is wrong then they take no responsibility for your loss, yet if they're wrong and you take advantage...wow suddenly its their responsibility !
TFFP is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:47 PM   #3146
Cpt_Vodka
Teddy Atlas
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 414
vCash: 446
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
I haven't seen any games or highlights for a couple of weeks but Deportivo seem good value at home to Tenerife (who have a pretty poor away record).

Throw Barca in for a double at just over even money.
Yea i was thinking about that too, ill check it out
Cpt_Vodka is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:53 PM   #3147
ScouseLad
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 75
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Haha indeed, they might aswell write "If we **** up you wont benefit" "but if you **** up then we'll gladly take your money"
ScouseLad is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:32 AM   #3148
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 2019
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

Tip of the day - Munster (-2) to win at the Dragons. I was looking to bet the Dragons but after seeing the sides it has to be Munster.

I've got -

Munster (-2) 10/11
Arsenal to beat Burnley 1/8
West Ham to beat Bolton 8/11
Windies to beat Zimbabwe 2/7

Four timer pays just under 4/1.
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:06 AM   #3149
lefthook82
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 1000
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

bet365 will be the site that turns me into those drunken slobs outside the shops

I'll soon be betting on some Urugayan Football 6th division female cup game lol

Bet365 ko1 Betfred, Ladbrokes, Totesport(awful). Boylesports will give it an arguement but will get knocked out in about 3 rounds
lefthook82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #3150
Grant1
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: S Wales
Posts: 5,922
vCash: 2019
Default Re: British Forum BETTING thread

West Ham
Grant1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013