Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #1
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Canvas Heavy Bag Disappointment

Kinda warning / advice post. I got a tko canvas heavy bag and loved it so much thought it was perfect. But now im dissapointed. I read that these were hard wearing but not so much im afraid. Firstly i got a hole in it when i hit it and it got caught on the outside window sill which i was gutted about but patched up. I then made sure i covered the window sill with a towel. Then yesterday i brought it back in ( mines outside and i dont want it nicked) and as i walked through the kitchen i heard a tear and for the first time was hoping it was my pants. But when i looked theres a 3 inch hole in my bag, it got caught on our draw handles which are not even pointed at all! So gutted. Got some more duck tape on it. I know that its my own stupid fault but also i thought a good canvas bag was meant to stand up to punishment but obv not .

So basically my question is what to go for next time. This one was meant to last me a while . Obv go for a leather bag, any in mind that 1 are really hard wearing and stupid proof and 2 anyone know any that i can just leave up outside and wont get too weathered?. Im thinking of next year when i get back from a trip of getting a freestanding frame and bolting it to the outside wall and leaving the bag up all year round and padlocking it to its chain somehow

Any bag recomendations and outdoor solutions greatly appreciated lads
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2007, 03:26 PM   #2
Relentless
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1900
Default Re: Canvas Heavy Bag Disappointment

i use a vinyl bag outside, its still good.
Relentless is offline  Top
Old 10-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #3
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Well its me moving it in and out thats the problem cos i keep catching it on things if i could get a waterproof one (i think the vinyls are , are the leather ones? ) then i could just leave it up
Old 10-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #4
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No other advice , i wanna know if anyone else has had this problem with canvas , or if its just mine. Any advice on out door heavy bag set ups ? Are leather bags just downright the way to go or would the leather go ****y left outside.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing