Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-19-2007, 01:27 AM   #31
Betty Swollocks
James 'Lights Out' Toney
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch: "I'd KO Bute & Berrio and have a great chance v. the Calzaghe-Kessler winner!"

I like Froch, he's no mug and will be a handful for anyone at 168. Yes ha talks a lot of shite but it's generally quite funny and truthful.
The one thing I don't like is how selective he is in reporting....that stoppage over Tatevosyan was bullshit, very premature. And he always dredges up the win over Henry Porras
Betty Swollocks is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2007, 06:53 AM   #32
hide
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Default Re: Froch: "I'd KO Bute & Berrio and have a great chance v. the Calzaghe-Kessler winner!"

i sure hope rob reid beats this guy
hide is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 07:32 AM   #33
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal
I think Froch and Bika are very different fighters...in a way I would love a fight between the two of them! We will see how Bute handles a real puncher tomorrow, but I have always wanted to see Bute v. Froch...if Bute wins, however, I cannot see Froch taking this one...

I think both Calzaghe and Kessler would have too much for Froch.

I think Froch should fight the very good Inkin - it is the matchup that fans have been demanding for ages! But they both seem to want to dodge each other...
It was very loose comparison but their talents are similar - strength and power. Neither are fast. Both are awkward and technically flawed in their approach. This troubled Bute to some degree. Froch so far appears to possess impressive power so if he lands he could close the show. I worry for Froch when he faces active fighters. He likes to sit back and pick someone off. Even if guys like Bute sit back they are still letting their hands go and working, thus he is not comfortable.

Woah, Froch ain't dodging Inkin. Inkin turned the fight down and is scared to mention the name Carl.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 07:43 AM   #34
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat

Woah, Froch ain't dodging Inkin. Inkin turned the fight down and is scared to mention the name Carl.
Allright, then, if Joe beats Kessler and say, goes for Bute (if he beats Berrio) or moves up for Hopkins or Dawson, or fights Pavlik at 168, Inkin would be the number one contender for the WBA and Froch - the number one contender for the WBC...I guess both could beat Sartison (??) and Braehmer respectively to become champs...once Calzaghe wins, if he beats Bute, when he moves up...so they don't have to fight each other...

If Kessler beats Joe and has all the belts, he is likely to go for Bute (if he beats Berrio) and then move up to LHW...in which case...unless Bute wins, Inkin and Froch would have a clear run at the WBA and WBC respectively....

...is this how you see it? What will happen to Inkin and Froch next, after their next fight? In other words, they don't have to fight each other to become Champ...

...do you have a link about Froch calling out Inkin and the latter dodging him? I missed that...
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 AM   #35
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decebal

...do you have a link about Froch calling out Inkin and the latter dodging him? I missed that...

“I get the feeling Inkin is hoping to sit and wait in his #1 slot with the WBO and get a nice, easy, straight shot at the title,” began Froch. “But I’m afraid, Dennis, that you are going to have come through me.
“I am right on your case. We are going to be #1 and #2 for both the WBC and WBO titles. To find the mandatory there needs to be a final eliminator. Calzaghe’s next defence is due soon. Let’s cut out the rubbish and do it for both titles.
“I’m challenging you to meet me in an old-school fight between two undefeated bangers.
“Don’t swerve me at all costs like Bute has. It was looking like him and me in a WBC final eliminator, but he has gone another route. His team knew I was contracted to box last week so I couldn’t fight an IBF eliminator.
“Don’t look for the easy option and play the ratings game. You’re 29-0 with 23 KO’s; I’m 21-0 with 17 KO’s. We are the highest rated contenders, so let’s do things the proper way.
“You beat me as an amateur. You got a good win on points in an England-Russia International. But don’t forget, in the last round I put you down heavily and only the bell saved you. I want the opportunity to do the job properly this time. I’m going to knock you out.”

-------------------------------------------------------

is this the kind of thing you're referring to?
Decebal is offline  Top
Old 10-20-2007, 09:36 AM   #36
Decebal
Lucian Bute
East Side VIP

I wonder what Froch thinks now...not what he SAYS, but what he THINKS!
Decebal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum