Old 03-05-2010, 09:47 AM   #76
Govanmauler
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Boxing news losing the plot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodysnatcher View Post
I think Boxing Monthly is a quality publication. Bunce and Farhood and Houston - always worth a read.

That said, I don't subscribe - just pick it up on a whim sometimes.

I still read BM , Bunces column is my first port of call. Thats still worth buiying.

I used to have a stack of BNs going back years but I couldnt tell you the last time I bought it.
Govanmauler is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #77
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

I've missed the last two weeks. .... unheard of..... Keep meaning to get a copy but haven't got time. You need to include more top tens and profiles like you did in the mid 90's .... so there is some sort of clarity of who's whom and whats what.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2010, 02:14 PM   #78
Northern Ninja

vCash:

BN is still a must read for me. Where else can you read about non televised small hall and amateur shows?

There's always going to be things in it you don't agree with but that isn't a negative, it'd be boring if everyone picked the same fighter to win and had the same opinions. I remember telling anyone who'd listen that Danny Williams would beat Vitali, I was very wrong but that doesn't mean I'm a retard, it just means I wasn't affraid to go against the grain and was honest enough to say what I believed.

Also, with the national press's reluctance to write about anything other than Hatton, Khan, Haye and the occasional bit on Froch, it's good to be able to pick up a weekly publication that I can read a bit of everyday at work. It helps me feed my habit.

It was always going to be a blow losing someone of Claude's calibre but Tris Dixon is a good writer and should be given a chance to stamp his own ideas on the magazine before people start to write him off.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #79
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Dempsey View Post
Anyone got todays issue yet? any good?

yeah its good , been getting the news for about 20 years, its the best magazine out there , also has fights from all over the worls , shame Claude has gone , very good editor , but the new fellow has done well , also they have a 100 years edition really good. must buy.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 04:16 AM   #80
carrotcruncher
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbflex View Post
I joined after he left so in that sense replaced him but his leaving had nothing whatsoever to do with me, so I never understood Bennie's grudge
To be honest Danny, the pair of them created their own problems. Strange kids I am told, with rumours of a noncing background somewhere.
carrotcruncher is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 05:20 AM   #81
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrotcruncher View Post
To be honest Danny, the pair of them created their own problems. Strange kids I am told, with rumours of a noncing background somewhere.
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum