Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-06-2010, 01:49 PM   #46
NO MAS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: When Is the Useless Tyson Fury going to step it up?

I think that Chisora will beat Fury...
NO MAS is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 04:49 PM   #47
Smurker
A ban of honour
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 931

He has done well so far, credit where it is due, he is still a puppy and into double figures for professional fights! His trash talk gets very annoying, it pisses me off but you should consider his background, to be a named fighter in the gypsy community you need to big yourself up. A gypsy fighter has to make himself out to be the best in his tribe, he also needs to back it up by taking on challengers, i look forward to T F's future.
Smurker is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #48
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcguirpa View Post
I disagree, I think for a 6'9" bloke he moves pretty well. He puts some nice combinations together and despite what the naysayers say his conditioning ain't all that bad.

Truth is it's all relative. Fury isn't shit. There's plenty worse heavyweights out there, and shit fighters don't go in with 35 fight veteran domestic contenders in their 9th fight. Fair enough, he's most likely not going to dominate the division, but how many do?
His movement is average, its only his handspeed that is any good. Besides, I'm talking about his lack of co-ordination. How many people punch themselves in a boxing ring? He can't time a punch worth shit when he's under pressure, the only time he ever looks good is when the opponent is scared and covering up, which is the majority of the time due to his competition.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 07:42 AM   #49
mcguirpa
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
His movement is average, its only his handspeed that is any good. Besides, I'm talking about his lack of co-ordination. How many people punch themselves in a boxing ring? He can't time a punch worth shit when he's under pressure, the only time he ever looks good is when the opponent is scared and covering up, which is the majority of the time due to his competition.
Is most of this not just lack of experience though?

Fair enough about punching himself in the face, he's never going to live that down, but it's not like he does it all the time.

One thing he does need to sort out his his nervous tick that makes him blow his nose every 10 seconds. That's annoying as fcuk.

Anyways, I think he gets a rough time on this forum, especially for someone at the beginning of his career. I like the guy, I think he adds something to the British heavy scene. I really hope he comes on and makes a decent career for himself.
mcguirpa is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 02:04 PM   #50
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

I think he will carry on much the same as he did last year throughout 2010.He is only young and i think the Mcdermott fight was a bit soon,he needs to take his time and develop more skills.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #51
kurt2006
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

The thing is he is not developing at all and to be honest with you he never will develop. Its like a 1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1L, you can put alloy wheels on it and fancy car stereo but its always going to be an 89 Ford Fiesta.

He is the current equivalent of Roman Greenberg.
kurt2006 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum