Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 01-05-2010, 05:46 PM   #31
dangerousity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 105
Default Re: Some of my training feats I wanted to share

Those are ridiculous stats...but fair play if for real.

At 140lb I maxed out at 210lb bench.

At my fittest I did 120 press ups, ran 10miles and did 6min mile for 1 mile. lol. Last 1 is not great but I've always had stamina problems!
dangerousity is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2010, 09:29 AM   #32
El Puma
between rage and serenity
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ Puncher View Post
Planning on going inside Puma? At least you won't be anyones bitch.
Ha ha ha ha ha! Thank you.

It seems like a fantastic book and the challenges the elite level of the 6 main exercises intrigues me greatly.

I will give you gents a review on it once I receive it and try it out for a few weeks
El Puma is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #33
Canibus81
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
You've already admitted you can't curl that much weight. You can do a cheat curl, using momentum. This is done by people in the general public who like to brag about their numbers but can't really do the actual lift with an appreciable amount of weight.

Cheat curls can be used to break platues if used correctly. But most people, like yourself, just try to look cool with overblown numbers.
Nope, no cheat curls. I actually curled thAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT. I bent my knees a little and moved my back a tad back, but everything was all arms when I lifted it. And weight doesn't have anything to do with strength. I could also care less whether you belive it or not. Don't hate on me just cause you can't do it.
Canibus81 is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2010, 08:10 PM   #34
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canibus81 View Post
Nope, no cheat curls. I actually curled thAT AMOUNT OF WEIGHT. I bent my knees a little and moved my back a tad back, but everything was all arms when I lifted it. And weight doesn't have anything to do with strength. I could also care less whether you belive it or not. Don't hate on me just cause you can't do it.
I can't do it, no. Neither can anybody else.

Weight has a lot to do with strength potential. You weigh 165lbs, I'd say a power lifter weighing 300lbs couldn't arm curl 100kg. An arm curl isolates the biceps, no other muscles involved. Easy way to prove this - stand with your back against a wall, elbows touching the wall and curl 100kg without moving your elbows from the wall. Can't do it? Shocker.

Wheres the video?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #35
andriy
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 100

looks like i need to start getting on the 'canibus' too, so i can achieve amazing feats.

andriy is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 01:30 AM   #36
boxingtactics07
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Your body is extremely unbalanced if you could do an ez barbell curl at 225lbs, but can only squat 405 and bench 350. Your squat should be like 550 and your bench around 425 if this were true; all of which would be considered "elite" at almost any bodyweight (let alone 165lbs). The guy in the video you posted has terrible form. A proper curl should be an isolated elbow flexion exercise that work the biceps and to a slighter degree - the forearms. Either way the exercise is useless and all the time spent on the exercise is considered a waste.

El Puma - That book is great. There is nothing more to say. It starts off with exercises that a complete out shape housewife could do and progresses into real training feats that are worth sharing. The beginning is higher reps and easier exercises. These are more for conditioning the body. Then the reps decrease and the exercise gets harder. You start at level 1 and work your way up to level 10. Each level requires you to do a certain rep & set scheme before moving up to the next level.

Last edited by boxingtactics07; 03-07-2010 at 03:20 AM.
boxingtactics07 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 06:26 PM   #37
Jackdoyle90
Journeyman

I curl 250lbs. No vids though, as long as I know I can do it, that's all that matters.
Jackdoyle90 is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #38
Bodi
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingtactics07 View Post
Your body is extremely unbalanced if you could do an ez barbell curl at 225lbs, but can only squat 405 and bench 350. Your squat should be like 550 and your bench around 425 if this were true; all of which would be considered "elite" at almost any bodyweight (let alone 165lbs).
Bodi is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 06:36 PM   #39
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackdoyle90 View Post
I curl 250lbs. No vids though, as long as I know I can do it, that's all that matters.
Of course you can and I can curl 260, bench press 400, squat 650 and deadlift 800.

These inflated numbers are amazing. Go to any fitness or training forum and guys are happy to get to 225lbs bench press for a few reps. Go to any boxing forum and they can all bench press 300lbs easily for reps.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Old 03-07-2010, 06:44 PM   #40
donizhere
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

there is no proof

we can all talk

talk is cheap, video evidence please
donizhere is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing