Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-08-2010, 03:29 PM   #1
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075
Default Gloves needed

Hi all i know this is a common question and i have used the search before someone says. My 16oz lonsdales are getting fairly worn now and have done the job well but i fancy a new pair. I want something with plenty of of support and hand protection. as far as im concerned the more the better. Iv been looking particularly at rival so thoughts on these and any other suggestions please!

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2010, 04:05 PM   #2
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202
Default Re: Gloves needed

Do you have the molded foam lonsdales? If not, maybe try them out, because I love them.

Can't beat Winning for protection and hand support, but they're expensive like whoa.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 04:29 PM   #3
Johnboy2007
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Do you have the molded foam lonsdales? If not, maybe try them out, because I love them.

Can't beat Winning for protection and hand support, but they're expensive like whoa.

i got the top ones think they were 70 at the time and yeh i liked them very good just fancied something a bit different now theyve worn out a bit
Johnboy2007 is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #4
billy boy balbo

vCash: 75

always buy cleto reyes from wbc website
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 03-08-2010, 06:40 PM   #5
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

Ringside IMF Tech are similar in shape/size to the Lonsdales, so they might be a good buy. They also last forever from what I understand. Winning are great if you've got 200-300 bucks to throw around.

I've got bad knuckles, and the Lonsdales are the first gloves I've used that actually protect my knuckles from going through and getting sore. And that's WITHOUT handwraps underneath them, so for protection I think they're top notch. If the IMF Techs are similar in feel (I've seen them, never tried them on) then they might be worth a try. Unlike Lonsdales, they're well made and have a reputation for durability.

Title Gel gloves I've heard are good for knuckle protection, but I've used them and in my opinion the Lonsdales are better, and the Gels offer NO wrist support whatsoever.

Reyes/Pro Mex/etc. are not going to protect your hands very much, and your sparring partners will hate you.
KillSomething is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing