Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #31
slipandmove

vCash: 500
Default Re: Enzo calzaghe retires

Sound bloke enzo he will mayb stay in the amatuer side game and work with his amatuers!
slipandmove is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #32
toffeejack
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

His story is amazing really. It takes one hell of a character to come from nowhere to what he achieved.
toffeejack is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 12:03 PM   #33
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
i think you will find the year he won it he got 2 more world champions.

my underlying memory of him as before the last round of the hopkins fight, screaming at JC to get the KO, and it took Dean Powell to calm him down a bit.

i wonder where Pryce and Rees will go to train and be promoted.
Same place as Cleverly probably Rob .
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #34
Gaz S
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Pryce, Rees & Doherty are now with Gary Lockett I believe.
Gaz S is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #35
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

I passed my driving test over there Gas lol , How are you mate ,still coaching the youngsters ?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #36
Gaz S
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
I passed my driving test over there Gas lol , How are you mate ,still coaching the youngsters ?
All's good mate!
No longer at Vic park though, I've gone with the pros now. Recently acquired the Jim Driscoll gym above The Royal Oak.
How's things with you?
Gaz S is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 01:33 PM   #37
s23041983
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Legacy = Father and trainer of 2-weight world champion, Joe Calzaghe
s23041983 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 PM   #38
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz S View Post
All's good mate!
No longer at Vic park though, I've gone with the pros now. Recently acquired the Jim Driscoll gym above The Royal Oak.
How's things with you?
All is well with me thanks Gas , The last i heared about Dricolls Gym was that the owners who took over when kitty and Mike left ripped out half of it to extend the accomadation side of things , i was kind of hoping this wasn't true , whats the score Gas and how's things looking up there for you these ?
Old 03-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #39
Gaz S
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
All is well with me thanks Gas , The last i heared about Dricolls Gym was that the owners who took over when kitty and Mike left ripped out half of it to extend the accomadation side of things , i was kind of hoping this wasn't true , whats the score Gas and how's things looking up there for you these ?

Unforunately, it's worse than what you heard. They didn't rip out half of it, they ripped out ALL of it! Huge sacrilege!!

The good news is the Oak is under new ownership again. Some great people from Fishguard, and they do have an appreciation for boxing, and all the history and heritage of the Driscoll Gym and the Oak has.
They've kindly let me have the gym and allowed me to do as I please with it (in terms of rebuilding it as a boxing gym again).
Almost there too! Got the bags, sppedballs, floor to ceiling balls, weights, etc, etc. All set up and in operation!
Just got to get a new ring now (currently looking for sponsorship towards raising the finances for that) and job completed!

When I do get a ring, we're going to have a big launch night at the Oak, pretty much as a thank you to the owners for letting me have use of the gym. Already got a few names who have confirmed they'll put in appearance. Goes without saying, you're invited too!
Will also double up as a charity fund raising do, for a charity of Chris Sanigar's choice. Hope to see you there!
Gaz S is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #40
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz S View Post
Unforunately, it's worse than what you heard. They didn't rip out half of it, they ripped out ALL of it! Huge sacrilege!!

The good news is the Oak is under new ownership again. Some great people from Fishguard, and they do have an appreciation for boxing, and all the history and heritage of the Driscoll Gym and the Oak has.
They've kindly let me have the gym and allowed me to do as I please with it (in terms of rebuilding it as a boxing gym again).
Almost there too! Got the bags, sppedballs, floor to ceiling balls, weights, etc, etc. All set up and in operation!
Just got to get a new ring now (currently looking for sponsorship towards raising the finances for that) and job completed!

When I do get a ring, we're going to have a big launch night at the Oak, pretty much as a thank you to the owners for letting me have use of the gym. Already got a few names who have confirmed they'll put in appearance. Goes without saying, you're invited too!
Will also double up as a charity fund raising do, for a charity of Chris Sanigar's choice. Hope to see you there!
Some bitter sweet news there Gas mate , WTH were they thinking , how the hell on earth could they be allowed by the planners to just rip out a massive part of Cardiff's sporting past and just through it in a skip ? FFS that has got me pissed , but anyway glad to see you bringing the old place back to life and props to you and all involved and thanks for the invite i will look forward to it .
Old 03-11-2010, 02:22 PM   #41
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheup View Post
Wait for Enzo's version of this pile of shit

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Am I the only one that quite likes this?

They clearly only did it because as budding musicians it gave them a chance to work on a song and a video ect. Don't know why they've been getting ripped so much for it
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 02:37 PM   #42
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheup View Post
Wait for Enzo's version of this pile of shit

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The irony is none actually misses him... the division has been far more exciting since he retired. Whether thats down to a more level playing field or more talented fighters, thats up to you
brown bomber is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum