Old 03-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #16
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wow....5 great wars video of 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSweetScience View Post
It was the headliner of the card Cool Willie stepped up and went down.

In the 50 fights between them only 1 had gone the distance so it had the potential to be the firefight it was.

Coming in to the fight Maidana looked like a foreign KO artist about to be exposed on his first date in the US.

Ortiz was Golden Boys Golden Boy about to step into the role of Mexican American superhero.

They played their roles for a short while but they gave Maidana the wrong script.

I don't think Amir Khan would enjoy Maidana's power.
Cheers....its all coming back to me now
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2010, 07:23 PM   #17
DaSweetScience
Its Spinal
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
so did kotelnik

Khan at 140 isn't as chinny as the 135 model and maidana was getting outboxed by ortiz until he got sloppy and as soon as he was hurt he didn't fancy what was looking like an easy job anymore. Khan used to get put down all the time whllst trying to look like a wrecking machine which meant he got tagged by getting carried away, providing he boxes clever I doubt maidana lands anything too serious.
You may well be right... thats the beauty of boxing. Styles make fights.

I think Khan gets drawn into a war at some stage over 12 rounds and gets poleaxed.

A good guide is Khan's managements willingess to take the fight against Maidana.

If the latest news is correct Golden Boy have weaseled Khan out of his mandatory defence against Maidana in favour of Paul the Popgun Malignaggi.

What Freddy says goes and looks like Maidana's power is a bit too much for him to bear.

They stripped Salita for not defending against his mandatory in exactly the same belt prior to Khan and they should have stripped Khan as well.

Rumour also has it that Golden Boy have struck some kind of step aside money deal where Khan doesn't fight Maidana for 3 fights and Maidana keeps defending the interim title.

The only speed Khan is showing is how fast he can get away from Maidana or a real fighter with power.

Old school fighters fight who they are supposed to fight not play these nonsense games.

Watching Malignaggi and Khan dance around like sugar plum fairies is not what the fans or the WBA wanted.

We know nothing about Khan until he fights Maidana, Alexander or Bradley.

Like coming from Gosford to Royal Randwick.
DaSweetScience is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 10:18 AM   #18
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
You may well be right... thats the beauty of boxing. Styles make fights.

I think Khan gets drawn into a war at some stage over 12 rounds and gets poleaxed.

A good guide is Khan's managements willingess to take the fight against Maidana.

If the latest news is correct Golden Boy have weaseled Khan out of his mandatory defence against Maidana in favour of Paul the Popgun Malignaggi.

What Freddy says goes and looks like Maidana's power is a bit too much for him to bear.

They stripped Salita for not defending against his mandatory in exactly the same belt prior to Khan and they should have stripped Khan as well.

Rumour also has it that Golden Boy have struck some kind of step aside money deal where Khan doesn't fight Maidana for 3 fights and Maidana keeps defending the interim title.

The only speed Khan is showing is how fast he can get away from Maidana or a real fighter with power.

Old school fighters fight who they are supposed to fight not play these nonsense games.

Watching Malignaggi and Khan dance around like sugar plum fairies is not what the fans or the WBA wanted.

We know nothing about Khan until he fights Maidana, Alexander or Bradley.

Like coming from Gosford to Royal Randwick.
Khan hates shit about his chin so tries to prove he has one in the ring thus the machismo gets him into trouble.

Malignaggi vs khan will be an excellent technical boxing match as both are extremely quick agile fighters, I'm really looking forward to this.

The 3 fight deal is sketchy indeed but when maidana and khan happens it should in theory be bigger than right now.

"Old school fighters" arguments are largely circular I think they get whooped by today's crop of talent.

Khan vs malignaggi is a good match, look for an entertaining fight
20a87 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM   #19
DaSweetScience
Its Spinal
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Khan hates shit about his chin so tries to prove he has one in the ring thus the machismo gets him into trouble.

Malignaggi vs khan will be an excellent technical boxing match as both are extremely quick agile fighters, I'm really looking forward to this.

The 3 fight deal is sketchy indeed but when maidana and khan happens it should in theory be bigger than right now.

"Old school fighters" arguments are largely circular I think they get whooped by today's crop of talent.

Khan vs malignaggi is a good match, look for an entertaining fight
Old school has nothing to do with era.

It is a fighting philosophy.

To say you are the best you fight the best and you fight anyone in your weight they put in front of you.

Example in todays era - Pavlik, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Vasquez, Marquez, Abraham, Williams, Cotto, Hatton, Darchinyan, Katsidis.

Saying Khan has found a chin because he has moved up in weight is gibberish if it hasn't been tested.

A strategy for a big 4 belt Champion to have fights to build up a "mandatory" defence is also 5 star nonsense.

Khan vs Malignaggi an entertaining fight? If they choose to take risks it might be. There are plenty of entertaining fights out there. That has nothing to do with the belt holding obligations of a champion.

Khan is not a prospect to be cotton wooled through the ranks.

He is supposedly a bona fide champion and should face his mandatories or be stripped like all fighters.
DaSweetScience is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 05:24 PM   #20
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Great video. I never did see Williams vs Martinez, anyone got a copy ?
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 05:28 PM   #21
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise Above View Post
Great video. I never did see Williams vs Martinez, anyone got a copy ?
Leon may...however you can jump on youtube and watch it round by round
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #22
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Old school has nothing to do with era.

It is a fighting philosophy.

To say you are the best you fight the best and you fight anyone in your weight they put in front of you.

Example in todays era - Pavlik, Hopkins, Pacquiao, Juan Manuel Marquez, Vasquez, Marquez, Abraham, Williams, Cotto, Hatton, Darchinyan, Katsidis.
Agree wholeheartedly DSS - but alas a dying breed.

(and great vid find Ash)
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2010, 06:38 PM   #23
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Yeah RA, pm me your address again as I've lost my address book and I'll send you out a copy.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2010, 02:48 PM   #24
Chopper
Cant be stopped

vCash: 750

I only saw the fight when its was aired, the Martinez vs Williams fight. I'm looking for a good hd copy but cant seem to find one. Where do you guys get hd fights at??
No0b.

Wot a fight. Both guys down--Pavlik better watch his ass. Martinez wont be an easy fight.
Chopper is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum