Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972
Default For Those Of You Who Weren't Able To See Franklin Get His Ass Whooped @ UFC 77 . . .

check it out here. Hurry up while it lasts. I've thrown in an extra bonus fight of Sylvia vs. Vera if you care, which I would advise you don't.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Plus the Sylvia/Vera gay love fest. Watch as Tim Sylvia starts neckin' with Vera against the fence.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 10:31 AM   #2
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: For Those Of You Who Weren't Able To See Franklin Get His Ass Whooped @ UFC 77 . . .

Thanks alot

I'd give you rep if ESB had it!
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 10:50 AM   #3
Club Fighter
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: Bronx, New York, USA, North America, Earth, Milky Way
vCash: 1972
Default Re: For Those Of You Who Weren't Able To See Franklin Get His Ass Whooped @ UFC 77 .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke
Thanks alot

I'd give you rep if ESB had it!
You're welcome. Now you're just as cool as everyone else who's seen the bouts.
Club Fighter is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 11:14 AM   #4
Dostoevsky
Hardcore......to the max!
ESB Addict

Default Re: For Those Of You Who Weren't Able To See Franklin Get His Ass Whooped @ UFC 77 . . .

Just watched the fights.
A. Silva is ****ing scary, he throws every punch with bad intentions and every one is vicious. Franklin tried his best but is simply outclassed. like I predicted, A. Silva does everything that Franklin can do but better.

Now, the other fight. It was awful. Sylvia is so shit. If you were to think of people as puppets controlled by a single man, then Sylvia is controlled by four people, each one indivually controlling his legs and arms. He is so clumsy and cumbersome, each leg pulling a different way and each arm flailing around with no co-ordination at all.
His striking is rubbish and all arm punches with no 'pop' on them at all and once again due to his tactics he made the fight boring.

Now, it wasn't helped by Vera who literally did nothing, I hear he broke his hand in the first round but he didn't seem to do much in the first either. He needs serious work on his hands because while Sylvia throws crappy arm punches at least he throws and Tim seemed to have faster handspeed as well. Couture exhibited superior striking against Sylvia than Vera did.
Vera was to small for Timmeh and too timid, He needs serious work on his punching and should consider moving down in weight.

All in all, the Sylvia-Vera fight was a snuggle me borefest and The Anderson-Franklin fight was exciting but expected.
Dostoevsky is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 11:27 AM   #5
Filmnpuck
Journeyman

Saw these at a buddies house last night. After the Silva/Franklin fight, all I could think was, "who are they going to put against this guy?" Seriously. He's just on another level.

Oh, and I was very disappointed by the Silvia/Vera fight. Vera's impressed me with his earlier fights, so I had high hopes for him. But he just looked genuinely surprised by Timmeh's size. You can see it on his face the first time he has his back against the cage.
Filmnpuck is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #6
bachatu
Pro
ESB Addict

THanks club fighter. I wanted to watch it again. It seemed like Anderson was more tentative this time around and it took a couple of minutes to figure out franklin and get some jitters out. The first fight he fought more calm from the beginning... i think he knew franklin would be better prepared so he took him with caution, but once he figured him out, it was all over, only a matter of time. If you pay attention to Silva's foot work, how he so fluidly hops around from one angle or stance to another, he makes himself look like he weighs 10 pounds moving so fluidly. He is indeed simply at another level.
bachatu is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 12:49 PM   #7
Beebs
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1493

Franklin with the same look of getting his soul taken by Silva as he had in the first fight
Beebs is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum