Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 10-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #16
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: vic fight...does any1 know

Darchinyan punches twice as hard as others in his immediate and neighbouring weigh divisions but if Darchinyan gets hit half as hard as he punches himself he is going down. I see a "Calzaghe vs Lacy" type fight coming up for Darchinyan and lets say he is not going to be Calzaghe
nrgetic is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2007, 10:09 PM   #17
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel
Vic is shot based on that performance.

Got rocked by that 5f 2' midget who's been defeated 13times previously.

Vic drops out of my top 3 P4P Aussie boxers after that.
Vic does not drop anywhere in my P4P Aussie Rankings.
Stays at 2 IMO, but the gap between him & Katsidis has closed alot.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #18
stuistylee
j.c.chavez superstar
ESB Senior Member

Location: "always take the arrows in the forhead, never in the back"
vCash: 525

vic looked very unhappy with himself when i saw him on sports news on channel 9...was catubuy a decent opponent..? certainly sounds like he had a lot of heart...
stuistylee is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 03:41 AM   #19
shanemfr
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It's funny there is a bunch of ****tards on the main forum that obviously didn't see the fight saying Vic is done and should retire etc.
Hell he dominated every round, flicked out a very effective jab plenty of times, used heaps of foot work and was patient, Catubay was awkward as hell he ducked down heaps and threw wild shots, Vic followed his corners advice and took his time getting rounds under his belt, 12th round he put the pedal to the metal and used Catubays head as speedball and stopped him, not bad for a guy that apprently lost his heart and soul.
shanemfr is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 03:45 AM   #20
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr
It's funny there is a bunch of ****tards on the main forum that obviously didn't see the fight saying Vic is done and should retire etc.
Hell he dominated every round, flicked out a very effective jab plenty of times, used heaps of foot work and was patient, Catubay was awkward as hell he ducked down heaps and threw wild shots, Vic followed his corners advice and took his time getting rounds under his belt, 12th round he put the pedal to the metal and used Catubays head as speedball and stopped him, not bad for a guy that apprently lost his heart and soul.
Spot on there bud.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 08:27 AM   #21
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanemfr
This guy had 13 losses, 7 by ko. Wasn't that expected of Vic?

And when you get rocked by a mediocre guy like Catubay after coming off a brutal ko defeat...their probably is reason to say vic has seen better days. Forget the patience stuff...Vic was Vic, but he has lost his aura and didn't react too good the few times he was tagged. And for all the posters saying Vic is just about done...plenty expected Catubay to be blown out in a few rds, and th efight was widely considered a joke.

On that effort, he'd get beat by any top ten flyweight. Vic isn't young, 112 may not suit him and 115 is just as hard.

donaire beats him even worse if they rematch. Actually, Vic will get ko'd by the first decent puncher they put him in with.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 10:19 AM   #22
nrgetic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Patient my posterior! Darchinyan had predetermined he was going to KO Catubay with a big left and didn't have the sense to adjust his plan and listen to his corner to exploit the uppercut. The outcome was thatDarchinyan should have KOed this guy very early but ended up getting tied up when Catubay charged in. Darchinyan was just a poor form of his old self just more tentative and less confident.

People like me will lose money betting against Darchinyan because his power is a great leveller but mark my words he never was a great boxer and never will be but he is very effective despite his very real shrtcomings that people over look because of his KO record - remember Jeff Lacy - huge power but had a crappy one dimensional game plan against Calzaghe and he got schooled - the same is waiting for Darchinyan
nrgetic is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 07:42 PM   #23
kel
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrgetic
Patient my posterior! Darchinyan had predetermined he was going to KO Catubay with a big left and didn't have the sense to adjust his plan and listen to his corner to exploit the uppercut. The outcome was thatDarchinyan should have KOed this guy very early but ended up getting tied up when Catubay charged in. Darchinyan was just a poor form of his old self just more tentative and less confident.

People like me will lose money betting against Darchinyan because his power is a great leveller but mark my words he never was a great boxer and never will be but he is very effective despite his very real shrtcomings that people over look because of his KO record - remember Jeff Lacy - huge power but had a crappy one dimensional game plan against Calzaghe and he got schooled - the same is waiting for Darchinyan
I agree
kel is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum