Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 02:17 AM   #1
The Predator
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 532
vCash: 1000
Default Problems with AC joint

Hi friends.
I have a problem with my AC joint (Acromioclavicular joint) in my shoulder. I had it for a year know. I wonder if any of you have any experience of this injury? If so what did you do? Been at different doctors and some say stop boxing and some say that a surgery wonīt change your movability in your arm.
As it is right now I canīt lift any weightīs but training boxing works but I canīt go 100%
Any input would be great.
All the best
The Predator
The Predator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Predator View Post
Hi friends.
I have a problem with my AC joint (Acromioclavicular joint) in my shoulder. I had it for a year know. I wonder if any of you have any experience of this injury? If so what did you do? Been at different doctors and some say stop boxing and some say that a surgery wonīt change your movability in your arm.
As it is right now I canīt lift any weightīs but training boxing works but I canīt go 100%
Any input would be great.
All the best
The Predator
What's the problem with it?
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:29 AM   #3
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Speak to scrap, he actually knows what he's talking about.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #4
The Predator
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 532
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
What's the problem with it?
It hurts when I throw hooks and upercuts, canīt lift any heavy weights either without pain.
and since it hurts I canīt punch as fast as usual either.
The Predator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:27 AM   #5
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Predator View Post
It hurts when I throw hooks and upercuts, canīt lift any heavy weights either without pain.
and since it hurts I canīt punch as fast as usual either.
Yeah I mean what did your Doc say was wrong with it, what he graded the sprain/dislocation as and what your physio advised? Because they are obviously gonna know your condition better than someone on a boxing forum unless you can accurately and precisely tell us what is wrong with it. If it is hurting you in my opinion you shouldn't be doing any boxing and weights until you strengthen your shoulder using the relevant exercises, it's not the sort of thing that'll sort itself out without you forcing yourself to rest and be smart about it. If it's been a year it's either really serious and you need/needed surgery or you didn't do the proper rehabilitation before getting back into it.
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:37 AM   #6
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 2,902
vCash: 1290
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Speak to scrap, he actually knows what he's talking about.
Yeah or just bench 200kg and claim that your incredible benching prowess indicates that you can punch harder than Tyson.
If I was you I would've left the forum after that one brown swallower
lefty is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
The Predator
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 532
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Well, the thing is that they told me that it looks alright on the x-rays and also gave me injections for it, it works fine during that time, but they told me to work as usual. Why I asked on these forum was if any of you boxers or trainers had similar problems and what did happened.
Cheers
the Predator
The Predator is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:21 AM   #8
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,459
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Problems with AC joint

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
Yeah or just bench 200kg and claim that your incredible benching prowess indicates that you can punch harder than Tyson.
If I was you I would've left the forum after that one brown swallower
Good one scientist.
brown bomber is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013