Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-17-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default SW London Amateur clubs that deliver fights?!

Which clubs do you guys know in South West London that are good at delivering amateur fights. Not 2 or 3 a season but at least every month???

Thanks
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2010, 06:25 PM   #2
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Default Re: SW London Amateur clubs that deliver fights?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
Which clubs do you guys know in South West London that are good at delivering amateur fights. Not 2 or 3 a season but at least every month???

Thanks
Fitzroy Lodge (Vauxhall)
Earlsfield ABC

Boxed for Rosehill ABC and they rarely had boxers box over 2 fights and that was a reason i left i don't know if that has changed if so there in Morden.
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 08:53 AM   #3
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Fitzroy Lodge (Vauxhall)
Earlsfield ABC

Boxed for Rosehill ABC and they rarely had boxers box over 2 fights and that was a reason i left i don't know if that has changed if so there in Morden.
My mate boxed for Rosehill when he was younger. I'll ask how good they were.

He told me Earsfield is what used to be Battersea and if that is the case then they are poo at getting regular fights.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
My mate boxed for Rosehill when he was younger. I'll ask how good they were.

He told me Earsfield is what used to be Battersea and if that is the case then they are poo at getting regular fights.
Battersea was very very poor. Earlsfield used to be good...maybe Sid's let it run down hill. Personally as a trainer and as a man i don't rate him but he puts on good shows at the club and had few boys doing well and had lad in aba finals last year. It's a shame the King Georges Club in Wandsworth Folded so quickly it could of done well.

Tbh there's not a lot of good clubs to choose from that's why i quit because i wasn't getting fights. These are the main three have a look at maybe SE London..Miguels on Herne Hill.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 03-18-2010, 04:00 PM   #5
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandanda View Post
Battersea was very very poor. Earlsfield used to be good...maybe Sid's let it run down hill. Personally as a trainer and as a man i don't rate him but he puts on good shows at the club and had few boys doing well and had lad in aba finals last year. It's a shame the King Georges Club in Wandsworth Folded so quickly it could of done well.

Tbh there's not a lot of good clubs to choose from that's why i quit because i wasn't getting fights. These are the main three have a look at maybe SE London..Miguels on Herne Hill.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
My boy lives in Battersea so Earlsfield and Battersea would be ideal but his brother boxed there and got 2 bouts in about 2 years and he was the most talented guy there. Terrible stuff but they had no desire. Just old guys going through the motions.

The boy will want to start sparring hard soon and he'll be ready to step it up but no point doing that unless the fights come. You go to a club that is too big and he'll be a nobody.

My mates even wanted to set up a gym to get him fights. It shouldn't be this bad or hard.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
achillesthegreat
East Side VIP

Who is Sid? The Matchmaker at Battersea was Mel and the Head Coach was Bob, Assistant Coach Jason.

Edit: Just checked the website, Sid must be from the Earlsfield side. Bob is the Battersea side. Must have merged.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:42 PM   #7
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Quote:
Who is Sid? The Matchmaker at Battersea was Mel and the Head Coach was Bob, Assistant Coach Jason.

Edit: Just checked the website, Sid must be from the Earlsfield side. Bob is the Battersea side. Must have merged.
Yeah Sid is Sid Khan at Earlsfield. I think Pimmy?? has gone to Earlsfield from Battersea i been told

I agree with your previous post, I left Battersea after one session i didn't rate it there at all.

It's really dire in SW for boxing. I had a mate who boxed for Earlsfield he quit aswell.
Mandanda is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing