Old 03-23-2010, 01:04 AM   #46
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044
Default Re: Wlad KO Chambers RD 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
I must've missed Lewis beating Bugner, but I take it you mean Bruno. As I said in my top 100, he is far from my favourite fighter, but Lewis is miles better than Wlad at this point. The level of competition Wlad is fighting now is about as good as Michael Grant and Andrew Golota, and that could be a stretch. But he's winning, so you can't deny that.
I can understand if you felt that Lewis was a little better than Wlad, as it's all opinions, however to say he's miles better, I just can't see it.

I like Lewis and Wlad, so I don't think I'm biasing one or the other, but I always felt Lewis, whilst very good, was a touch over rated.
On the other hand, I think Wlad is a touch under rated by many and also very good.

Wlad might not look exciting, however he gets the job done, and done well.

I still think it would go 115-113 either way on any given night.
Sox is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 AM   #47
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
I dont understand why Wlad cops shit.....he has fought the best fighters and contenders for his belt.....

Ruslan Chagaev who was 25 - 0 ....wins over Ruiz, Valuev,

Sultan Ibragimov who was 22 - 0...wins over Holyfeild, Briggs

Hasim Rahman who was 45 - 7....wins against Lewis, Meehan, Toney

Lamon Brewster who was 48 - 3....wins against Wlad, Meehan Golata

Chris Bird who was 34 - 1...wins over Vitali, Tua, Holyfield

Sam Peter who was 24 - 0...wins over toney x 2, Masekev

Other good name wins...Botha, Barrett, Mercer, McCline, Ray Austin, Williamson, Brock, Tony Thompson, Chambers

Looks good to me
It's not my reason - I just find him boring to watch - but I think some people can't take to him because he was born in Kazakhastan.

I reckon some people see him as being like the Ivan Drago character in the Rocky movies. Or at least Russian, and therefore the 'bad guy'. The Yanks have brainwashed the world pretty effectively for decades with that type of propagander.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 05:43 AM   #48
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe View Post
Hey Ash what about Lewis' wins over Ruddock & Morrison & who can forget his war with Ray Mercer. Come on mate, Wlads not up with Lennox. And why do people stick to stats when Vitali was busted up around the eyes by punches nothing else. He got beat plain & simple.

Mate I'm saying Lewis is better but not as far ahead as people think....everybody says that Lewis unified but I would argue so did Wlad to the same level.

When Wlad fought Chagaev's his WBA title should've been on the line in that fight which would've given Wlad the WBA, IBF, WBO, and Ring belt. 3 ABC belts happened to be the same level of unification Lewis reached after Holyfield 2.

However people dont consider Wlad undisputed after Chagaev, and everybody says its fights not belts so they pick when to argue and when to credit...not fair in my view
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 06:28 AM   #49
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Mate I'm saying Lewis is better but not as far ahead as people think....everybody says that Lewis unified but I would argue so did Wlad to the same level.

When Wlad fought Chagaev's his WBA title should've been on the line in that fight which would've given Wlad the WBA, IBF, WBO, and Ring belt. 3 ABC belts happened to be the same level of unification Lewis reached after Holyfield 2.

However people dont consider Wlad undisputed after Chagaev, and everybody says its fights not belts so they pick when to argue and when to credit...not fair in my view
Agree here. People quickly seem to forget that Lennox also was KTFO by McCall and Rahman who were both nothing special. There is no doubt that Lennox was better imo than Wlad BUT Wlad and his brother continually fight top 10 heavy's and 95 % of the time stop them all after not losing hardly one round. It's been 6 yrs or so now since Wlad's last defeat and people will never seem to forget BUT he is a completely different fighter today and is extremely good. Imo Wlad is so dominant (i realise that overall the heavyweight division is poor) that he should be included in the P4P top 10.
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 06:32 AM   #50
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuke View Post
One thing about Vitali that I believe holds true despite the the 2 losses on his record is that he has NEVER been been behind in a fight to my knowledge.
I still consider Vitali an undefeated fighter. Those 2 losses on his record are only losses on paper.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:03 AM   #51
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

Oh please.

His fight against Lewis should never have got past the third round, the cut was huge. I should put you in touch with my mate Francis, we were going round in circles about this fight all Sunday arvo.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 07:12 AM   #52
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Lewis could have moved up the list even more after the win over Vitali and taken on Wlad in 2004 but he knew he would get smoked
ashley is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #53
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post
I can understand if you felt that Lewis was a little better than Wlad, as it's all opinions, however to say he's miles better, I just can't see it.

I like Lewis and Wlad, so I don't think I'm biasing one or the other, but I always felt Lewis, whilst very good, was a touch over rated.
On the other hand, I think Wlad is a touch under rated by many and also very good.

Sorry mate he is miles better. Better kit of punches, better foot work and more tenacity. The likes of Tony Thompson wouldn't last 3 rounds with Lewis in his prime.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 09:17 AM   #54
ranser
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sox View Post

there's no way wlad can compete with lewis.
Lewis definite KO early rounds of the fight.
ranser is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 07:01 PM   #55
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
I still consider Vitali an undefeated fighter. Those 2 losses on his record are only losses on paper.
Ridiculous.

The Lewis loss wasn't paper it was clearly scrawled on Vitali's face, if they hadn't stopped the fight I don't think klitschko would have been able to box again.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 07:45 PM   #56
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Ridiculous.

The Lewis loss wasn't paper it was clearly scrawled on Vitali's face, if they hadn't stopped the fight I don't think klitschko would have been able to box again.
Have you even seen the fight ? Vitali was up 4 rds to 2 on all scorecards at the time and well and truely in the fight. He may or may not have gone on to win but unfortunately he was badly cut and the doctor stopped the fight. I'm sure many many boxing fans would not hold this fight against Vitali as a genuine "loss", i certainly don't.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:49 PM   #57
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

C'mon Francis, a declining Lewis still punched holes thru a prime Vitali's face. Those cuts were from Lewis' hands mate nothing else. And one thing Lewis achieved that Wlad hasn't is he reversed both KO losses to impressive wins. Wlad only rectified one in Brewster. He was never keen to fight Sanders again. And Ross Purrity was certainly not as big a name as McCall or Rahmann.
roscoe is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 07:50 PM   #58
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:
Have you even seen the fight ? Vitali was up 4 rds to 2 on all scorecards at the time and well and truely in the fight. He may or may not have gone on to win but unfortunately he was badly cut and the doctor stopped the fight. I'm sure many many boxing fans would not hold this fight against Vitali as a genuine "loss", i certainly don't.
Its exactly the same as dismissing a knockout as a way to win a fight.
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 08:47 PM   #59
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Francis, normally you make a lot of sense, but you've lost the plot on this one. He didn't get the cuts from shaving. He didn't even enter the fight with a cut that didn't heal properly.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 03-23-2010, 09:05 PM   #60
Sox
Hangin with the real deal
East Side Guru

vCash: 1044

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipswich express View Post
Francis, normally you make a lot of sense, but you've lost the plot on this one. He didn't get the cuts from shaving. He didn't even enter the fight with a cut that didn't heal properly.
I can see Francis point, to a degree.

Take Pacs last fight with Clottey, Pac clearly won that fight, yet his face was banged up more than Clotteys.

Sure Lewis opened up Klit, however Klit was winning the fight at the time of the stoppage.
In a nutshell, the person who won the fight, wasn't necessarily winning the fight.
Sox is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum