Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 03-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #16
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

vCash: 999
Default Re: Friday is looking good in training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Very diplomatic mate ....dont worry, Bigcat would have gone to bed by now...you can say it
Haha, no really mate, I am a fan of both fighters. I can't really say for sure what is going to happen. I might have a guess come the weigh in.
Charles White is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2010, 11:06 PM   #17
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!
vCash: 300

Oh No he hasn't....

By the way, i just come away from talkin to Friday... He was 225lbs today when he woke..

He is very contented.. The winner is gona be very highly placed in WBO ratings.. Povetkin is 1......... Tua is 2 at moment... until wednesday..

Then Its wide open.. with Wlad havin obligations to Povetkin and the winner of this one..

Its as close as it gets to a championship placement............
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 01:17 AM   #18
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
Oh No he hasn't....

By the way, i just come away from talkin to Friday... He was 225lbs today when he woke..

He is very contented.. The winner is gona be very highly placed in WBO ratings.. Povetkin is 1......... Tua is 2 at moment... until wednesday..

Then Its wide open.. with Wlad havin obligations to Povetkin and the winner of this one..

Its as close as it gets to a championship placement............
225 lbs!! He hasn't weighed in that low since the Dominick Guinn fight. Good for him.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:39 AM   #19
Jear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Jear is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 02:55 AM   #20
Charles White
Chucker
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jear View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Nice vid, thanks.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:00 AM   #21
Jear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles White View Post
Nice vid, thanks.

Check out [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] there are a few articles on the fight
Jear is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 07:37 AM   #22
emanuel_augustus
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Great video feature.

Don't sleep on Friday. I really do not think Tua can knock him out at this point. Friday, however, doesn't always let his hands go enough and that could happen here. I'll take Tua by UD since it's on his home turf and wouldn't be surprised if Friday actually deserves that decision.
emanuel_augustus is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #23
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Location: The Valley of the shadow of death . Remember a desperate man is a dangerous man !!

very true, its strange, we used to methodically do a round count in the gym on punch output, and i do remember before the Guinn fight we counted nearly 400 punches he threw in a round... he can average up to 340.. Then in the actual fight he seems to start to be too careful and only output a fraction of what he does in the gym.. I used to really try to jockey him like a rider would his horse in a hard race.. (let your hands go.. move the hands Friday) that was what eventually won the fight against Butler.. He just plain did more against a plodding dejected unbeaten kid........ If he lets his hands go, Friday can make this very uncomfortable for Tua... Its Interesting..... we do fear it going to points, but thats life...
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #24
Jear
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigcat View Post
very true, its strange, we used to methodically do a round count in the gym on punch output, and i do remember before the Guinn fight we counted nearly 400 punches he threw in a round... he can average up to 340.. Then in the actual fight he seems to start to be too careful and only output a fraction of what he does in the gym.. I used to really try to jockey him like a rider would his horse in a hard race.. (let your hands go.. move the hands Friday) that was what eventually won the fight against Butler.. He just plain did more against a plodding dejected unbeaten kid........ If he lets his hands go, Friday can make this very uncomfortable for Tua... Its Interesting..... we do fear it going to points, but thats life...
Why would you fear it going to points? Tua has never had a fight go the distance at home, so he has no historical hometown decisions to worry about. The only fights that Tua has been involved with that have questionable decisions have been Ibeabuchi, Rahman II and Salif. A win a loss and a draw and can be argued he won all three.
Jear is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #25
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Just that partisan old thing about fighting out of our home town....

Tua is on kinda home territory...

we really dont want to leave any stone unturned........

David is doubting himself and may find himself in a fight he hasnt seen in a very long time...

we just have to seize the chances........ Tua's number 3 rating is what we wish to highjump..

I honestly think Tua has signed to meet a man he honestly wasn't comfortable with fighting from the off.......... AND FRIDAY HAS PICKED UP ON IT...............
Bigcat is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
diehard
Contender
ESB Senior Member

BigCat, who has hurt Friday the worst in his fights, or sparring?
diehard is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #27
Bigcat
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

He lost a TKO to Lance Whittacker several years ago, but what occurred was a freak injury.. Friday was causing nightmares for Lance and while Dan Goosen was doing an interview mid fight explaining how he cant understand what was wrong with Lance as it was all Ahunanya.. you can see Friday drop to a knee holding his face.. the replay showed Lance throw a lazy uppercut and jabbing the point of his thumb into his eye.. Friday couldn't see and the bout was halted.. In the dressing room what followed was very scarey.. Friday almost lost conciousness.. In fact the back of his eye swoll up so bad the pain shut friday down and he passed out..... It was ok after a check at the hospital, but the TKO should not reflect on the result.. in fact it was a great performance up to the uppercut.... The most bothered i ever saw Friday was against Liakhovich when again his eye was swelling and the very clever and mature started moving to Fridays blind side and using hooks that he could not see to outpoint Friday quite wide... But that was a hundred years ago.. Friday was very immature...

against Povetkin it should have been over 8.. But they changed the fight to six at last minute.. It was over before we even started to move through the gears... Povetkin had just won the Gold medal at the 2004 olympics and had been unbeaten for years.. It was just Alex moving cleverly and landing eye catching punches .. He is the most tricky .. Povetkin is very talented , and has deceptive power , but on occasion Friday hurt him enough to be thankful it was only over 6..

I never saw Friday hurt , I have seen him drop Ibragimov, knock Chagaev out of the ring in las vegas a few years ago... almost out on his feet... He knocked Mike Tyson over quite heavily in the gym before his preps for Ettiene... The only fault Friday used to have a long time ago was fail to let his hands go... and utilise on footwork... Lou Duva said to me years ago.. Friday is too flat footed , so i made a point of having him when i got the chance start side stepping his way in a z shape to keep opponents guessing from which angles he was coming from.. If you ever see his fight with Thomas top Dawg Williams, watch how he finishes him off.. From the back you would swear it was Mike Tyson..............
Bigcat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum