Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
boxing4life
Now or Never
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Not paying off

Ive had a job for almost 3 weeks now at burger king. I have noticed that Im less focused in school and training ever since I started this job. They are the only people that have called me back ever since Ive been hunting for a job. And I mean THEY ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT HAVE CALLED BACK. Im not goona lie I am getting out of shape I used to weigh 154 and im 5"8 tall and now ever since I started this job Ive went up to 164. I also noticed I am not improving in my training anymore and shit im getting worse. This shit is crazy. When im working I eat before I come in. I usually eat something good and healthy at my house but when I get there It takes about a half hour of being around the food and smell of it to get me hungry again. It is very hard to resist. I am ****ing outraged and for sure I will be leaving this ****ing job In a 3-4 weeks. I hate feeling and looking out of shape and right now I am. I have also noticed my performance is not as good as It used to be before I started working. I need money but If I am going to have to suffer in life to get it then the **** with the money I want my life and body back. I am 17 years old and I understand I need a job. Please share your thoughts

Last edited by iksrtfo; 08-11-2006 at 06:04 PM.
boxing4life is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2007, 12:58 AM   #2
amy
If you know what I mean
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Not paying off

You're in a tough spot. Sorry to hear.

Try packing some healthy snacks to eat while you are there. Eating that food does nothing for you but make you want to eat more. (watch Super Size Me if you really want to turn yourself off to fast food forever)

Can you run or bike to work? Or can you drive part way a park a couple of miles away and run?

Continue looking for another job. Just take your resume in to every place you'd like to work. Literally every place. Then start making calls to see if you set up an interview, don't wait for them to call you. Something is bound to turn up if you are really on top of it. Looking for a job sucks, but everyone has to do it at some point. Just keep your chin up and be professional and eager and you'll find something that suits your lifestyle better than BK.
amy is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 03:08 AM   #3
buddynabuick
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy
You're in a tough spot. Sorry to hear.

Try packing some healthy snacks to eat while you are there. Eating that food does nothing for you but make you want to eat more. (watch Super Size Me if you really want to turn yourself off to fast food forever)

Can you run or bike to work? Or can you drive part way a park a couple of miles away and run?

Continue looking for another job. Just take your resume in to every place you'd like to work. Literally every place. Then start making calls to see if you set up an interview, don't wait for them to call you. Something is bound to turn up if you are really on top of it. Looking for a job sucks, but everyone has to do it at some point. Just keep your chin up and be professional and eager and you'll find something that suits your lifestyle better than BK.

Dam, Amy. that was some good,caring, common sense advice You rock girl
buddynabuick is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 05:23 AM   #4
silvy_chris
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

delayed gratification: the ability to take sacrifice to reach the ultimate goal.

if you want to take your boxing serious then if u keep ur job and DONT eat that junk. it will build mental focus and actually improve ur boxing.
silvy_chris is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #5
gallagher430
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

lol, i'm looking for a job right now too and applied to at least 20 places. i've had interviews to a few and call all of them back at most a week later to ask about my application. looking for jobs sucks so bad, but always has to be done :(
gallagher430 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
redboxer1986

i agree with silvy_chris
i was in the same situation in germany but had to fight through it to fight in the imcome european championships. its all about your deadication and how bad do you want it. Boxing aint easy.
redboxer1986 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 09:32 PM   #7
RockOn33
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

im in pretty much the same situation except with mcdonalds, except i dont eat it... the only problem is im scheduled to work almost everyday my gym is open, im lucky if i get there once a week... it really sucks cuz i was close to geting a fight but my coach wont let u fight unless ur consistent
RockOn33 is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 PM   #8
altez

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockOn33
im in pretty much the same situation except with mcdonalds, except i dont eat it... the only problem is im scheduled to work almost everyday my gym is open, im lucky if i get there once a week... it really sucks cuz i was close to geting a fight but my coach wont let u fight unless ur consistent
Sounds like a good trainer.
altez is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 09:14 PM   #9
RockOn33
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altez
Sounds like a good trainer.
the best