Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-26-2010, 04:28 PM   #31
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381
Default Re: Macklin vacates, Barker to fight for vacant Euro title!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post

To be fair there, that was only done to wind my esteemed Irish friend up. I don't think macklin is necessarily avoiding barker but I won't be happy if his next fight isn't one that takes him further along the echelons of the world rankings. I don't agree that Macklin would necessarily smash, obliterate etc etc Barker either - Not to say he couldn't win - I just think it would be closer than SBW is giving him credit for.

Also 'SBW' i genuinely hope you are taking the mick there with regards to Duddy ?? That man is useless and is in no way shape or form the second best out of the 4 and I would even go as far as to say he is the worst of the lot BY SOME DISTANCE
Seems to have worked pretty well!
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2010, 04:31 PM   #32
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Seems to have worked pretty well!
He doesn't like me anyways
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:30 PM   #33
slapbangwhallop
The Sweet Scientist
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan684 View Post

To be fair there, that was only done to wind my esteemed Irish friend up. I don't think macklin is necessarily avoiding barker but I won't be happy if his next fight isn't one that takes him further along the echelons of the world rankings. I don't agree that Macklin would necessarily smash, obliterate etc etc Barker either - Not to say he couldn't win - I just think it would be closer than SBW is giving him credit for.

Also 'SBW' i genuinely hope you are taking the mick there with regards to Duddy ?? That man is useless and is in no way shape or form the second best out of the 4 and I would even go as far as to say he is the worst of the lot BY SOME DISTANCE
Not at all, Duddy has fought and beaten better fighters than both Lee and Barker have.

Duddy is actually pretty underrated. Too much has been made of Duddy being a hype job but to be honest its a fallacy. Everytime someone says that I ask them who hypes him and what did they say and they usually go quiet. Just because he is so popular some people like to knock him, over popular doesnt equate to over hyped!

Duddy has a chin of granite - Barkers is a little more Khan like to be honest.
slapbangwhallop is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #34
Dan684
Dave's Stepdad
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Well I disagree to be honest.

He may have a good chin but from the 6/7 fights i've seen of his he is very poor. I thought it could have been called the other way the last time he was out on the Pac/Clottey card (Fogot his name - Medina ??). Anyway I thought he was pretty lucky to get the nod there
Dan684 is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 10:28 PM   #35
paddymickey
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 933

I can't see any indicators to see where the big gap is between Duddy / Lee / Barker / McEwan/ and Macklin.

I think Macklin was a little unlucky and is not dodging anyone. Barker should find Belghecam a step up but that doesn't mean he isn't worthy of the belt! Duddy has shown limitations recently but he is still winning all the same. Lee has not fought since Novemeber but I think he is still young and with Gamacho helping out now he might show improvements. McEwan is active and still winning despite some close decisions. Generally I don't think there is a whole lot in it between the lot of them to be honest. I am sure somewhere down the line we will see any 2 of the 5 face each other some time. Duddy is fighting Chavez Jr in San Antonio in June so we will see then. If he loses then I'm pretty sure he will come back to face Lee and it is known his team turned down a fight with Lee last year. Barker fights Belghecam next who is French middlewieght champ so he is hardly a journey man! We shall see what happens MAcklin in next couple of months.
paddymickey is offline  Top
Old 03-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #36
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
If Barker knocked him out it would be making quite a statement. He has gone the distance with both Lee and N'Jikam. This fight will do Barker the world of good. It's not too big of a step up in terms of class which could end badly and a victory will set him up nicely for lucrative future fights. Good work by his management, fighting another nobody would have been disastrous.
I just meant Lee showed how easy it was to outbox this guy. If Barker came in and really went for it the punishment the french guy would take wouldn't be pretty.

Again Slap agree on Duddy when was the last time someone said this guy deserved a title shot he puts on a show and thats all. Dan i thought Duddy was unlucky not to pick up a UD and i'm not a fan of johns at all
LHL is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum