Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-27-2010, 06:23 AM   #1
colinthfc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 289
Default The British domination of Europe

We currently have belt holders at 175, 168, 160, 154, 147, 140, 122 & 118. Unless Harrison & Sprott draw we will have the HW belt. Enzo is fighting for the CW.

I think this is unprecedented
colinthfc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: The British domination of Europe

Pretty impressive...

Can't see Enzo winning unfortunately.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 AM   #3
royalt0208
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 895

I was about to make a thread stating that I believe the European is going down hill and beginning to look a little like the Commonwealth with the favoring of British fighters.
Just look at the title holders we have and who they have faced and you have to say that for the most part our holders during their reign have not faced the best in Europe.

For example
Harrison-Sprott. Ther must be at least a dozen and a half Heavyweight who are ranked higher and should be in line for a shot at the title.
Cleverly. Brancalion was a poor opponent there must be at least 5/6 who are/should be higher up in the rankings and should have been put in for a shot at the title ahead of the Italian.
Magee. Larsen was well past it but it was definately a good win, hopefully Magee takes on a younger in his prime opponent next.
Barker. How on earth is this for the European title there are dozens of better opponents then Belghecham, this is a bad joke terrible opponent for what is supposed to be a top tier title.
Rhodes. A great win against Moore but you have to say as much as I love Jamie his opposition prior to Rhodes was poor, how on earth did Dzhuman get a shot at the title and Piccirillo was well past it.
Hatton. A joke he doesn't deserve a shot at the Europe but gets one and beats something like the #10 Welterweight in Europe.
McCloskey. Not his fault but Rasilla was a joke of an opponent for the European.
Munroe. He has had an excellent reign as a champ to be fair faced the best in Europe for the most part (some bad opponents as well).
McDonnell. His opponent Arnould was not very good guys like Jamoye, Balone, Bakhtin, Bouzianne, Napa, Davies are better and more deserving then him so although a great achievment for the kid from Doncaster there are still much better opponents out there for him to face.

In short I look at our title holders and simply put for the most part they have had watered down reigns were they haven't faced the best European fighters.
royalt0208 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:23 AM   #4
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

John Murray should have the 135 strap soon too...

I agree though, it isn't as tough to win as it has been.
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #5
Webed_LFC

vCash: 500

Can anyone tell me where the David Haye weigh-in is, if it's open to the public, and what time it starts?
Webed_LFC is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webed_LFC View Post
Can anyone tell me where the David Haye weigh-in is, if it's open to the public, and what time it starts?
If they can I'm sure they'll post in the thread you started.
GazOC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum