Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-21-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
Jordan
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000
Default Klitch V Valuev

HOw come none of the 3 got it on? Only thinking this after Wald's distasteful comments about Valuev when disucssing Haye pre-Chambers. If he was so much of an easy opponent, and he held a belt, why did neither go chasing him?
Jordan is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #2
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Klitch V Valuev

I don't know ther ins and outs but I'm pretty sure it was Valuev avoiding them (or his team at least). Weren't they scheduled to fight at one point but it ended up being Vitali - Chagaev?
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
billy boy balbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyT View Post
I don't know ther ins and outs but I'm pretty sure it was Valuev avoiding them (or his team at least). Weren't they scheduled to fight at one point but it ended up being Vitali - Chagaev?
vitali wanted the valuev fight but don king asked for a million quid which vitali didnt want to pay out,the one i think your getting mixed up with bud is chagaev was going to fight valuev in june last year but valuev pulled out due to him testing positive for hepitis c (i think) so chagaev then fought wlad in gelsenkirchen as a replacement for david haye
billy boy balbo is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #4
HeavyT
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy boy balbo View Post
vitali wanted the valuev fight but don king asked for a million quid which vitali didnt want to pay out,the one i think your getting mixed up with bud is chagaev was going to fight valuev in june last year but valuev pulled out due to him testing positive for hepitis c (i think) so chagaev then fought wlad in gelsenkirchen as a replacement for david haye
Sounds about right, there seemed to be a lot of fights getting thrown around between Haye - Valuev - K2 could barely keep up.
HeavyT is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #5
Mazallan
ESB yes man
ESB Addict

Location: Tempted by the fruit of another...tempted that the truth is discovered..
vCash: 1841

Certainly can not see Wlad trying to pull an 'Haye' on Valuev but it could be interesting.
Mazallan is offline  Top
Old 03-21-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I dont think either Klitschko fancies a fight with Valuev that much. They keep saying they want all the belts but didnt seem to want to try too hard to make the Valuev fight while he was champion.

Valuev may have wanted more money than the Klits were prepared to give but how much did they really want those belts in that case?

The brothers have always had a big advantage with their size and in this case that advantage would be taken away. Theyre also not familiar with fighting guys bigger than themselves, another disadvantage for them.

Im not saying Valuev would beat them but the Klitschkos are safety first kinda guys and I dont believe either of them would really like to fight him.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 03:56 AM   #7
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
I dont think either Klitschko fancies a fight with Valuev that much. They keep saying they want all the belts but didnt seem to want to try too hard to make the Valuev fight while he was champion.

Valuev may have wanted more money than the Klits were prepared to give but how much did they really want those belts in that case?

The brothers have always had a big advantage with their size and in this case that advantage would be taken away. Theyre also not familiar with fighting guys bigger than themselves, another disadvantage for them.

Im not saying Valuev would beat them but the Klitschkos are safety first kinda guys and I dont believe either of them would really like to fight him.
I dont think for one sec that the Klits are/were afraid of Valuev. Remember, that belt has changed hands a fair few times and you know what the WBA are like for forcing mandatories.
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 04:59 AM   #8
Neverchair
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheUzi View Post
I dont think for one sec that the Klits are/were afraid of Valuev. Remember, that belt has changed hands a fair few times and you know what the WBA are like for forcing mandatories.
"Afraid" is probably a bit strong. Perhaps it was a fight they could just do without?

The forcing of mandatories is bound to be an issue but still, if they want all the belts that bad, when did they intend to fight him?

Offer Valuev the money he wanted for the fight.
Neverchair is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM   #9
ryanm8655
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3731

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverchair View Post
"Afraid" is probably a bit strong. Perhaps it was a fight they could just do without?

The forcing of mandatories is bound to be an issue but still, if they want all the belts that bad, when did they intend to fight him?

Offer Valuev the money he wanted for the fight.
I'd agree with that.

Due to giving up their size advantages they would have to fight a different kind of fight with valuev. It would probably be messy and tight like all of Valuev's fight as a result so why bother...

He wouldn't add too much to their legacies if they had fought him and I think if they did fight him and win you'd have people saying "he's crap and they still didn't beat him convincingly, without their size advantage they're useless..."
ryanm8655 is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #10
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy boy balbo View Post
No, Valuev (more likely Don King) wanted an extra million on top of the two he had already been offered for the fight. Given the fact he'd just lost his belt, I think what he was offered was more than fair. It's a damn shame too, was a far more interesting match up than Sosnowski.
dan-b is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum