Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 03-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #16
cjgloves
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: Do you wanna know the truth? You can't handle the truth!
vCash: 223
Default Re: Mathew Hatton - 45 fights and just made Euro level

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
I think most people probably echo your sentiments my friend. I actually thought Hatton was unlucky to lose to N'dou, but he did little to deserve that fight anyway, his best win was an old as hell Ted Bami and Ben Tackie and then he goes and gets a Euro shot too.

All he's done in his career is piggy back off his brother fighting trash on undercards and then getting title shots out of absolutely nowhere. People would have more respect for him if he earnt his way there beating the top Brits but he avoided that route which is exactly why he wouldn't have achieved shit without Ricky.
It was a draw with N'dou, not a loss.

As many people have already said he get's the fights because of his brother and he don't deserve the shots in the first place. Yet I think a reason he's disliked is he gets the fights and yet he doesn't even perform well however keeps getting chances. I think he would be alot more popular if he actually showed skill and won the fights showing us he did deserve them. He did win last night so...
cjgloves is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #17
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

End of the day non of us are living in dreamland here boxing isnt a meritocracy. Yes the very best rise to the top....eventually but a lot of a career is about management and i think we all know that and bemoan that. I know this is controversial but i actually quite admire the matchmaking and deal brokering that occurs in boxing i think it can be frustrating but unique side to the sport.
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 03-27-2010, 11:50 AM   #18
leighton
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 650

That will be Hattons highlight winning Euro level is like him winning a World title. British level against Brook he will have no chance add to that euro level most of the top 10 fighters will offer more the aging Italian did last night. He will loose his first defence if he is put in with a top 5 fighter at that level. If Ricky can get a nice little defence before that he should be ok he got rocked last night against bigger punchers he will be found out.
leighton is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum