Old 10-19-2007, 08:13 PM   #16
sambo1987
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: FRIDAY: Darchinyan vs. Catubay Weigh-In

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynesmale
Yeha Donaire has signed to fight [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] who Vic already defeated
Oh ofcourse I remember reading that somewhere else as well.. Still, that in itself will be interesting also. Thanks for pointing that out

Last edited by one punch; 08-09-2006 at 03:23 PM.
sambo1987 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM   #17
waynesmale
TEAM LONEWOLF
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambo1987
Oh ofcourse I remember reading that somewhere else as well.. Still, that in itself will be interesting also. Thanks for pointing that out
No problem Might have heard Vic say that on Friday nights fight card he spoke about how Donaire is already facing a guy he smashed lol which is true but be intresting to see if Vic gets on the Green v Tarver card and who he would face.

Last edited by Marciano Frazier; 12-02-2006 at 08:11 PM. Reason: generating interest
waynesmale is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 10:49 PM   #18
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 166

i'm happy catubay proved me wrong. i thought he was going to call it a night after the first hard punch landed
theunderdog is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 10:52 PM   #19
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunderdog
i'm happy catubay proved me wrong. i thought he was going to call it a night after the first hard punch landed
Catubay was very game & never gave up.
Was prepared to take way more shots than Nonito Donaire was last year against Vic.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 10:59 PM   #20
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Yup, he fought like a little champ!! well done to him, and i hope he is alright because he took a fair few power shots flush.

Hey mate, do you get these fight on tv where you live?
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 AM   #21
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Yup, he fought like a little champ!! well done to him, and i hope he is alright because he took a fair few power shots flush.

Hey mate, do you get these fight on tv where you live?
well probably get to see it after two weeks or so. i remember seeing the peden-ganoy fight around to weeks after the fight actually happend. it was a good fight and it was a pity that catubay did not make it to the final bell. that would have given him something to smile about. but lasting 12 rounds against vic is a great thing already, specially for someone who i thought wouldn't make it to the 2nd round.

did you see the fight? did vic improve his boxing skills? does he still throw the wide left that got him caught against donaire?
Old 10-22-2007, 12:26 AM   #22
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
well probably get to see it after two weeks or so. i remember seeing the peden-ganoy fight around to weeks after the fight actually happend. it was a good fight and it was a pity that catubay did not make it to the final bell. that would have given him something to smile about. but lasting 12 rounds against vic is a great thing already, specially for someone who i thought wouldn't make it to the 2nd round.

did you see the fight? did vic improve his boxing skills? does he still throw the wide left that got him caught against donaire?
Yeah i watched it mate, Vic did take his time more and didnt rush into as much as he has, but it was all about the big left hand. And i think his chin is on the slide.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 01:24 AM   #23
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah i watched it mate, Vic did take his time more and didnt rush into as much as he has, but it was all about the big left hand. And i think his chin is on the slide.
at least vic has somehow learned his lesson. kirilov will be a tought fight for him if ever he tagets that belt as the rumors have it.

i have no problem with vic depending exclusively with his left, i have a problem though with how he throws it. it almost seems like he swirls it around before he lets it go, that was mainly why he got caught against nonito. the powershot could be detected a full second before it was thrown and a fighter with good reflexes and hand-eye coordination will have no problem in evading it or beating vic to the punch.

why do you say that his chin is on the slide? was there ever a time in that fight where vic was in trouble? i don't know catubay that much as i've only seen three fights but i know for sure that he is not a big puncher
Old 10-22-2007, 01:35 AM   #24
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
at least vic has somehow learned his lesson. kirilov will be a tought fight for him if ever he tagets that belt as the rumors have it.

i have no problem with vic depending exclusively with his left, i have a problem though with how he throws it. it almost seems like he swirls it around before he lets it go, that was mainly why he got caught against nonito. the powershot could be detected a full second before it was thrown and a fighter with good reflexes and hand-eye coordination will have no problem in evading it or beating vic to the punch.

why do you say that his chin is on the slide? was there ever a time in that fight where vic was in trouble? i don't know catubay that much as i've only seen three fights but i know for sure that he is not a big puncher
Yeah i thought he got caught with some punches that made him back up, and he did get knocked down and fell into the ropes, but it wasnt called a knockdown and i think it should have been.

He always protects his left side of his head with his shoulder but his right side has a target on it!!!

I like Vic and want him to keep winning, but i dont see him doin great against A level fighters anymore.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 02:03 AM   #25
theunderdog
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Yeah i thought he got caught with some punches that made him back up, and he did get knocked down and fell into the ropes, but it wasnt called a knockdown and i think it should have been.

He always protects his left side of his head with his shoulder but his right side has a target on it!!!

I like Vic and want him to keep winning, but i dont see him doin great against A level fighters anymore.
me too. i think you could only go so far with power and i think vic future opponents already know how to beat him and that is to beat him to the punch. vic cannot win by outboxing anybody, that's for sure. and very soon, the fighters in his division will learn how to stay away/counter his powershot and that would be it for vic. it's a pity that he did not aim to be better technically when he still had the chance. he thought his power is all he needs but the truth is, in boxing, power is not everything.

vic will always have a puncher's chance, that's for sure so a world title is still a possibility for him but defending it multiple times seems unlikely
Old 10-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #26
zelky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegsy
Thanks for all the latest info once again Zelky.
No problem Kegsy. Sorry for such a late reply.
zelky is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 05:09 AM   #27
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelky
No problem Kegsy. Sorry for such a late reply.
Cool mate, post info anytime.
Kegsy is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum