Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 10-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #61
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667
Default Re: Thats it, Im done with Hatton talk.

To be honest I find his interviews a bit annoying now too. They are repetetive and the same old lines brought out, but they are also pretty much the truth. The problem is that he was who he was and people liked him for it, and now he has twigged that it works to sell himself to the wider public so he just plays that aspect of himself for the cameras and on shows etc....
People who have only recently heard of him or who know of him but never heard him interviewed like it and his popularity broadens.

It is what he is like but obviously hearing him tell it again and again and use the same anecdotes makes for an irritating interview.
Strike is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM   #62
theworm

vCash: 1000

totally agree with strike, i think he as he comes across, its just thats its become marketable like never before, and he s perfectly within his rights to play up to it. still, doesn t make the piss taking any less funny!
theworm is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 10:21 AM   #63
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

I wish Sucka would get a new act, he moans at Hatton for being repetative and then bangs on with the same old spiel himself.

Pot, kettle, black
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 11:19 AM   #64
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Come on terrence you should know by now, britain loves a trier, but hates a winner.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 AM   #65
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
Come on terrence you should know by now, britain loves a trier, but hates a winner.
Thats bollocks. Britain loves a sporting loser, but an unsporting winnner has problems, no more than that.

Hattons a world champ and still undefeated but I don't see much 'hate' from Britain?
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #66
The Lads
Contender
ESB Senior Member

There are quite a few people over the boards who want Mayweather to beat Hatton. Hatered is a harsh and horrible word, and probably wasnt best put in that previous sentence / statement.

When we look back over time though british public love a trier, someone who almost made it, but didnt. Bruno over Lewis for example. Everyone loved Bruno, not so many loved Lewis. Thats actualy got nothing to do with what im on about though... errm.. trail of thought has gone... ah yes, Hatton.

Why do a minority of brits support Mayweather over him? because we like, in a peverse way, to see our "stars" fall form grace. Is it a built in jelous gene that we're unaware of? I dont know, but as a Nation I think we sometimes find it pleasurable to see our people lose.
The Lads is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 12:16 PM   #67
GazOC
Guest Star for Team Taff
East Side VIP

People on boxing boards do not represent the British public where Hatton/ Mayweather is concerned (or anything else for that matter). People who post on internet boxing forums are a tiny minority of those who will have heard of Hatton and will be watching the fight. A fairer poll would be to put the question on the BBC Sport or the Sky Sport websites and let the casual British sports fan vote, you'd get a pretty one sided results...

Lewis/ Bruno was as much to do with the fact that Bruno was seen as a true Brit where Lewis represented Canada in the Olympic games IMHO.
GazOC is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 02:00 PM   #68
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

Just read on boxrec that the pay per view for Hatton Vs Mayweather Is 24.99!

**** that shit.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-23-2007, 02:07 PM   #69
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Americans already think Hatton's a wrestler.
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 05:46 AM   #70
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GazOC
Hattons a world champ and still undefeated but I don't see much 'hate' from Britain?

There is clearly some anti-Hatton sentiment on the boards but most of it isn't what i'd term 'hate' thankfully.

I do find it odd though that Britains best loved boxer is subject to so much ridicule on Brit ESB.

Some posts here are genuinely funny but others just seem to be critical of the guy for being himself - surely this is preferable to being fake?

I find the claims of Hatton being too repetitive ironic as we just get more of the same in almost every Hatton thread here and very little boxing content.
elle is offline  Top
Old 10-24-2007, 06:01 AM   #71
elle
Journeywoman
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lads
When we look back over time though british public love a trier, someone who almost made it, but didnt. Bruno over Lewis for example. Everyone loved Bruno, not so many loved Lewis. Thats actualy got nothing to do with what im on about though... errm.. trail of thought has gone... ah yes, Hatton.

Why do a minority of brits support Mayweather over him? because we like, in a peverse way, to see our "stars" fall form grace. Is it a built in jelous gene that we're unaware of? I dont know, but as a Nation I think we sometimes find it pleasurable to see our people lose.

Its a bit like backing the underdog - unless I really support a particular boxer i'll often root for the outsider in a bout rather than the favourite.

Think thats just part of our nature and even if they don't win everyone loves a courageous loser.

I think there is a 'build them up & knock them down' mentality in the UK which the media play a big part in but its also part of our british sporting culture unfortunately.
elle is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum