Old 03-30-2010, 07:34 PM   #16
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290
Default Re: Danny Green.... Open letter to RJJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Roy was done Lefty and the referee saved him from an absolute panelbeating.

...there was no complaint whatsoever from Roy at the time of the stoppage because he knew he was done!
I srongly disagree, Roy was caught behind the ear and lost his equilibrium, If Green was ever gonna hurt Roy it would've been after Roy got up, instead Green was punching gloves and arm. I'm surprised Roy stayed up because he was obviously groggy after that borderline illegal shot.

Roy didn't complain because he was trying to get his head back and because he is a classy guy aswell as being in Australia. I have no doubt that Green would've got a pasting had the fight continued. Nobody outside of Australia wants to see Green again, there's a reason for that.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #17
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

What about the uppercuts that were landing that were snapping RJJs head back? Its all there if you watch the fight.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #18
Hmmm
:P
ESB Addict

vCash: 1394

not a fan of danny, but cant fault this letter. I dont think DG cheated on that night. Jones got caught. simple. And the rest was sooking as DG has clearly pointed out.
Hmmm is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2010, 08:03 PM   #19
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

'Borderline illegal shot' - what does that mean? - is that like almost pregnant?

Roy moved his head as the shot arrived - it's as clear as day on the video!

Roy was shot and wasn't gonna recover.

I'll stick to my opinion on this fight, and you're of course free to stick with yours.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #20
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfect jet View Post
Maybe Mundine can type a similar letter to Green about their fight, asking for Green to shut up and take his lumps.

Roy is grasping at straws and he got a Bhop payday out of it. Big deal...he did well. LOL

Danny knows the boxing business better than anyone. The only person here in damage control is Green. Not surprised he releases this...deflects from the embarrassment of fighting Siaca.
Totally agree with this.
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:06 PM   #21
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Roy knows his excuses were bullshit.it was all about hurt pride and salvaging the Hopkins re-match.which he did so i guess it worked.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:11 PM   #22
lefty
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1290

Quote:
'Borderline illegal shot' - what does that mean? - is that like almost pregnant?

Roy moved his head as the shot arrived - it's as clear as day on the video!

Roy was shot and wasn't gonna recover.

I'll stick to my opinion on this fight, and you're of course free to stick with yours.
When I say borderline I mean that it could be taken either way, some refs would've called that illegal as I would have or some would've given Green the benefit of the doubt since Roy turned his head and it was in Australia. He got hit behind his ear so it shouldn't have been a knockdown but Green is far from an accurate puncher so I know he wouldn't have meant it, he was probably trying to throw a body shot.
lefty is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:18 PM   #23
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty View Post
When I say borderline I mean that it could be taken either way, some refs would've called that illegal as I would have or some would've given Green the benefit of the doubt since Roy turned his head and it was in Australia. He got hit behind his ear so it shouldn't have been a knockdown but Green is far from an accurate puncher so I know he wouldn't have meant it, he was probably trying to throw a body shot.
Completely disagree mate - the yellow bit above says it all - and it's as clear as can be in the video.

No ref would have called it any other way IMO.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #24
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

This letter just makes Green look desperate.

I wonder if he has a smile that creases his face when he thinks about Roy making about 5 mill against Hopkins???

Danny should write an open letter to the Australian boxing public outlining why he is asking people pay $50 to watch him fight a washed up middleweight in a total farce of a fight.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:30 PM   #25
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

Two separate issues Jet:

The open letter to RJJ is completely justified IMO - Jones has done nothing but sook since the bout.

Perhaps a second letter, a letter of apology regarding his upcoming opponent, might be in order too though mate.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #26
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

Quote:

I wonder if he has a smile that creases his face when he thinks about Roy making about 5 mill against Hopkins???

Danny should write an open letter to the Australian boxing public outlining why he is asking people pay $50 to watch him fight a washed up middleweight in a total farce of a fight.

Easy money making PJ...Mundine has been doing it for yrs too
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:41 PM   #27
stiflers mum
Geale 4 life
East Side Guru

Quote:

to smoke Mundine out of his hole.but his second last fight was at CW and hes fought 5 fight in 5 years so he will be fresh.
i will not be purchasing this fight.
stiflers mum is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 PM   #28
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Two separate issues Jet:

The open letter to RJJ is completely justified IMO - Jones has done nothing but sook since the bout.

Perhaps a second letter, a letter of apology regarding his upcoming opponent, might be in order too though mate.

Why would he even bother writing it though mate? If it is to clear his own name, chalk one up for Roy. He got knocked out, still gets the Hopkins fight whilst Green sits in front of a type writer pleading his case that he didn't cheat.

Anyway, it was probably written by his PR people and the Daily Telegrpah ran with it as they love to with anything Green. Deflects attention away from the Siaca fight which they obviously know is a farce that cannot be hyped.

Fighters make excuses and talk bs all the time. Nothing new here so it just comes off as pitiful as Roys excuses.

Roys probably happy he wrote it. Might mean a few extra buys for his fight this weekend.
perfect jet is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:46 PM   #29
balmain
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

One thing I have to say in Danny Greens favour is its a ppv fight. To sell it to the Australian public you have to have him fight somebody who will make you want to buy it. Most people just know this is the guy who beat Choc so it will sell. I thought Siaca would of been the perfect fight for Daniel Geale at Middleweight to force a rematch with Choc. Greens people were smart matching this fight. At Cruiserweight everything is stacked in Greens favour. After the fight whats the betting he mentions Choc.
balmain is offline  Top
Old 03-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #30
the beaver
Belt holder
ESB Addict

No need for the open letter Danny, let the right authorities sort it out.

Try to be a winner with a bit of grace hey.

P.S Can't wait for Mundines open letter to Danny Green to stop sooking about his win over little lips Green
the beaver is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum