Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #46
briggsfan27

vCash: 500
Default Re: Confess your PPV sins here...

The Most dissapointed ive been when buying a PPV was definately Trinidad - ODLH The hype was incredible , the fight( using that term loosely) was a snoozzzzzzzzzzzefest.
briggsfan27 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #47
pecks
East Side Guru

vCash: 1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggsfan27 View Post
The Most dissapointed ive been when buying a PPV was definately Trinidad - ODLH The hype was incredible , the fight( using that term loosely) was a snoozzzzzzzzzzzefest.
It would have put a glass eye to sleep.
pecks is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #48
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Danny Green vs Paul Murdoch. Good undercard, steaming pile of shit for main event.
I'm not sure how I thought Murdoch would last long with Green, I was a victim of marketing I suppose
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 11:02 PM   #49
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I got the shirt at the Timo Masua fight on Gold Coast in 2001, It was a lonsdale shirt with Team Mundine on the back of it.
The story behind Myself getting attacked at the pub go's like this.

At the start of the night it was just a little banter with a group of lads. Who hated Mundine.

These dudes had mundine leaving on stretcher and gave him zero chance of winning the fight. They were still in there work gear and had been drinking since knock off.

As mundine started winning the fight, I started yelling out encouragement for choc and that's when the insults started to get nasty.

Then in the last round I started to yell out, THE NEW WBA SUPERMIDDLE WEIGHT CHAMPION OF WORLD. ANTHONY THE MAN MUNDINE.

Straight after the fight had finished one dude out the group just started with flat out abuse towards me.

My friend who I was with said something to group like give it a rest and calm down.

Then out of nowhere this guy just came running throwing punches and myself and this guy when over this table.

The bounces broke it up and dragged us all outside. This guy was very angry and won'ted round 2, which was not to keen on.

I just won'ted to get out of there. but that impossible he attacked me again but this time I was ready.

I hit him twice and it hurt him a far bit, he pretty wobbled and blood was pouring out of his nose. THe bounces grabbed hold of the guy and his mates and myself and my friend got the hell out there in my car ASAP.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #50
Kegsy
Lights Out
East Side VIP

vCash: 1275

I have bought so many poor PPV's on Main Event over the years i wouldnt know where to start.
Pretty much all that have mentioned so far.

I have bought over 100 PPV's no doubt
Kegsy is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #51
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.C.W View Post
I got the shirt at the Timo Masua fight on Gold Coast in 2001, It was a lonsdale shirt with Team Mundine on the back of it.
The story behind Myself getting attacked at the pub go's like this.

At the start of the night it was just a little banter with a group of lads. Who hated Mundine.

These dudes had mundine leaving on stretcher and gave him zero chance of winning the fight. They were still in there work gear and had been drinking since knock off.

As mundine started winning the fight, I started yelling out encouragement for choc and that's when the insults started to get nasty.

Then in the last round I started to yell out, THE NEW WBA SUPERMIDDLE WEIGHT CHAMPION OF WORLD. ANTHONY THE MAN MUNDINE.

Straight after the fight had finished one dude out the group just started with flat out abuse towards me.

My friend who I was with said something to group like give it a rest and calm down.

Then out of nowhere this guy just came running throwing punches and myself and this guy when over this table.

The bounces broke it up and dragged us all outside. This guy was very angry and won'ted round 2, which was not to keen on.

I just won'ted to get out of there. but that impossible he attacked me again but this time I was ready.

I hit him twice and it hurt him a far bit, he pretty wobbled and blood was pouring out of his nose. THe bounces grabbed hold of the guy and his mates and myself and my friend got the hell out there in my car ASAP.
You take your chances with Drunk yobbos mate, thats just an unspoken universal rule. Few of them need any encouragement to start trouble, and if you give them anything that they even consider to be encouragement then you might as well be wearing a big bullseye.
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 04-04-2010, 11:17 PM   #52
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
You take your chances with Drunk yobbos mate, thats just an unspoken universal rule. Few of them need any encouragement to start trouble, and if you give them anything that they even consider to be encouragement then you might as well be wearing a big bullseye.
yeah I agree, That shirt man, It got reaction even just wearing down the street. MY mate who was there told me to **** it off. I gave it to my little cousin a couple of years later.
T.C.W is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #53
LeonMcS
The Mayor of Kronkton
East Side Guru

You'll all be glad to know T.C.W's little cousin is recovering well in the intensive care unit.
LeonMcS is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #54
teke
Titans Time !!!
East Side Guru

vCash: 2611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentchassis View Post
Wlad's last five stinking fights.

Does paying for online stream count? If so, I shamefuly bought Holyfield Saverese and Valuev fights and I have a really bad feeling Im going to buy the Botha one as well.

You could do what the rest of us do, not buy it
teke is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 02:45 AM   #55
Thirdgeary
Clincher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by teke View Post
I have only ever bought 2 and they were 2 great fights.

Mayorga v Trinidad, and

Dela Hoya v Vargas

Well worth the money those two!
Thirdgeary is online now  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 03:05 AM   #56
Bentchassis
Contender
ESB Senior Member

That would be the smart thing Teke

Must admit it doesnt cost me that much, not like the $50 Austar charge for the Mundine v Crazy Kim clash.
Bentchassis is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 03:07 AM   #57
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Ok I confess.......I have a big ****ing problem...I cant help myself....I buy PPV's...good ones bad ones...meh....I just buy them....all
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 03:14 AM   #58
bushboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
Ok I confess.......I have a big ****ing problem...I cant help myself....I buy PPV's...good ones bad ones...meh....I just buy them....all
What does that cost you a year ash?
bushboy is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 03:45 AM   #59
Rise Above
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 210

Luckily I have always had mates who paid for the shit PPV's while I have had the fortune of getting the good ones.
Rise Above is offline  Top
Old 04-05-2010, 04:48 AM   #60
roscoe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 0

Someone in my group of mates always puts the big fights on. Last mandy fight I got was Green. Biggest disappointment in big fights hands down goes to Oscar V Tito. The fighting was rubbish the scorecards just bullshit.
roscoe is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum