Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Is Haye now worthy of a P4P rating?
Yes 36 50.00%
No 36 50.00%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2010, 10:03 AM   #31
DDA365
Gatecrasher
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is Haye now worthy of a P4P rating?

List is shit

Validates top level boxers total lack of activity, look at some of the names on there

It seems not having a fight, and therefore not losing, is better for somebodies reputation than actually fighting these days
DDA365 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2010, 10:16 AM   #32
JML
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 620

Quote:
Originally Posted by achillesthegreat View Post
He should be top 10. He was unified at cruiser and a legit champ at HW. The second cruiser to have done it so it clearly isn't easy to do.
JML is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #33
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

When he stops one of the Ukrainean Brothers he will get in.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:06 PM   #34
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvinmagler View Post
i think so, considering what he has achieved in just 24 fights
Quote:
He should be top 10. He was unified at cruiser and a legit champ at HW. The second cruiser to have done it so it clearly isn't easy to do.
I like Haye but don't see how you can rank him top 10 P4P at present.

The two comments above, along with a few more, aren't enough to justify a P4P ranking.

P4P should be about fundamental skills and the ease with which someone defeats their biggest rivals at their own weight. For me, pound for pound literally means who is the best boxer irrelevant of weight i.e. given someone's skills how would they do aginst other P4P contenders if they were the same weight. Haye hasn't shown us good enough fundamental skills to suggest he should be top 10 and he hasn't yet beaten good enough opposition to get in on that alone. Yes he is a two weight champ but the people he has beaten to acheive that have not been anywhere near P4P worthy.

That said, the Ring's list is pretty shit and whether he ranks above some of the people on there is a different question.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #35
RichT
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olu G. Rotimi View Post
When he stops one of the Ukrainean Brothers he will get in.

If he could defeat one of them then he would be a very worthy contender. Showing enough skill to overcome the size difference would suggest he would do very well on a level playing field against other contenders.
RichT is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #36
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Considering Caballero and Donaire are both in the Top 10.....Haye is easily worthy of a P4P place. I personally wouldnt have him in but I have zero qualms at him being rated there.
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #37
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichT View Post
I like Haye but don't see how you can rank him top 10 P4P at present.

The two comments above, along with a few more, aren't enough to justify a P4P ranking.

P4P should be about fundamental skills and the ease with which someone defeats their biggest rivals at their own weight. For me, pound for pound literally means who is the best boxer irrelevant of weight i.e. given someone's skills how would they do aginst other P4P contenders if they were the same weight. Haye hasn't shown us good enough fundamental skills to suggest he should be top 10 and he hasn't yet beaten good enough opposition to get in on that alone. Yes he is a two weight champ but the people he has beaten to acheive that have not been anywhere near P4P worthy.

That said, the Ring's list is pretty shit and whether he ranks above some of the people on there is a different question.
I'm very suprised that 55% of people do not think he is P4P. One of four unified champs at one weight and then a genuine legit champ at another weight. In 4 fights Haye already has four wins, 3 ko's and two champs on his record.

Haye has done this in 25 fights!!! He oozes P4P!

P4P should be judged on what they achieve. No matter what you THINK of his skills the FACT is like I said above.

For cruisers and heavyweights you must take into consideration that the smaller they are the more their speed, stamina, co-ordination, agility etc increases. I am genuinely frightened at the prospect of Haye's speed and agility being increased to fit a middleweight. We would be looking at RJJ type talent if not more!!!
achillesthegreat is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:38 PM   #38
KingCobra
IBF World Champion
ESB Addict

Quote:
I'm very suprised that 55% of people do not think he is P4P. One of four unified champs at one weight and then a genuine legit champ at another weight. In 4 fights Haye already has four wins, 3 ko's and two champs on his record.

Haye has done this in 25 fights!!! He oozes P4P!
If compared to The Rings list he certainly does. I voted no but only just. One big win at Heavyweight will cement his claim.
KingCobra is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #39
LP_1985
JMM beat Pac-Man 3 Times
East Side VIP

Location: Vicente Carrillo Fuentes Organization HQ, Home of Team Mexico

in that list defo. i also think there shud be an unwritten rule that u have to have at least 2 fights a year to be on the P4P list
LP_1985 is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 09:06 PM   #40
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

I think probably 10-20 is about fair right now, though, like many others say, he is possibly more deserved than some currently on The Ring list.

Not having the Kilts in there also presents a huge obstacle for putting Haye in there, though I guess you can argue the CW angle.

I haven't made my own P4P list for a long time, but think a case can be made for Wlad's inclusion, though P4P lists often (but not always) seem to ignore the heavies.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #41
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
I think probably 10-20 is about fair right now, though, like many others say, he is possibly more deserved than some currently on The Ring list.

Not having the Kilts in there also presents a huge obstacle for putting Haye in there, though I guess you can argue the CW angle.

I haven't made my own P4P list for a long time, but think a case can be made for Wlad's inclusion, though P4P lists often (but not always) seem to ignore the heavies.
Wlad is 7th in my list.
kosaros is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum