Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 AM   #1
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75
Default Sturm vs. Griffin

It was a real good, touch fight. Two good fighters, that gave pretty much everything they have. Sturm showd that he has a big heart. He took some heavyshots, fought back well. I had him badly losing the fight, but he won the 3 last rounds in my papers, so I got is 114-114. So, I think that the decision was very fair. Griffin is a good guy, but faded at the end... In the last 3 rounds he got nothing done, althought I donīt think that he was more tired than Sturm. Maybe is is not experienced enough or then he donīt have the heart of an champion?

Both guys would be pretty interesting opponents for any middleweight in the world. But I would pick both Pavlik and Abraham to destroy both of these guys. But those would be interesting fights... Well.. Palvlik vs. Griffin maybe not that interesting

Sturm should have an volontary title-defence next. I would like to see Sturm vs. Amin Asikainen early next year and then the winner of that fight would have to make a mandatory defence against Griffin, who remains to be ranked #1 ranked middleweight by WBA. This was not a controversial fight. It could had gone either way and a draw was a fair decision. No reason to give Griffin a direct rematch. Sturm vs. Asikainen would be a great match-up!
Toney is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2007, 05:57 AM   #2
unitas
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Sturm vs. Griffin

asikainen does not deserve a title shot having been ko´d by sylvester.

i had griffin ahead by two points.

there should be a rematch and there will as far as i heard.
unitas is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #3
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
It was a real good, touch fight. Two good fighters, that gave pretty much everything they have. Sturm showd that he has a big heart. He took some heavyshots, fought back well. I had him badly losing the fight, but he won the 3 last rounds in my papers, so I got is 114-114. So, I think that the decision was very fair. Griffin is a good guy, but faded at the end... In the last 3 rounds he got nothing done, althought I donīt think that he was more tired than Sturm. Maybe is is not experienced enough or then he donīt have the heart of an champion?

Both guys would be pretty interesting opponents for any middleweight in the world. But I would pick both Pavlik and Abraham to destroy both of these guys. But those would be interesting fights... Well.. Palvlik vs. Griffin maybe not that interesting

Sturm should have an volontary title-defence next. I would like to see Sturm vs. Amin Asikainen early next year and then the winner of that fight would have to make a mandatory defence against Griffin, who remains to be ranked #1 ranked middleweight by WBA. This was not a controversial fight. It could had gone either way and a draw was a fair decision. No reason to give Griffin a direct rematch. Sturm vs. Asikainen would be a great match-up!
I quite agree with you,toney!

Sturm vs Griffin was fun to watch-very entertaining fight.The fight could have gone either way as you have rightfully pointed out.
I,too,think that yesterday's draw was a fairly fair decision.
I am looking forward to their rematch! They are made for each other.Yesterday's fight was probably the most exciting pro fight I have ever seen of Sturm.
By the way I,too,would surely bet my money on either Pavlik or Abraham in fights against either Sturm or Griffin.
Asikainen? I very doubt that you could sell this fight to the German public or to German tv,toney!
Asikainen was knocked out by feather fisted Sylvester! Sturm fights Sylvester's victim!!!!!!! Doesnt really sound good for a boxer who thinks that he can easily beat Abraham,and Taylor,does it!
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 07:02 AM   #4
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Asikainen? I very doubt that you could sell this fight to the German public or to German tv,toney!
Asikainen was knocked out by feather fisted Sylvester! Sturm fights Sylvester's victim!!!!!!! Doesnt really sound good for a boxer who thinks that he can easily beat Abraham,and Taylor,does it!
What the hell are you talking about? Who thinks that he can easilly beat Abraham and Taylor? According to this news: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Saurland offered a world title bout to Asikainen... Abraham vs. Asikainen in December. But Asikainenīs camp turned down the offer. If Sauerland thinks that they can sell Abraham vs. Asikainen, then why Universum could not sell Sturm vs. Asikainen?

Asikainen is ranked #12 by WBA. And please, letīs not start the Asikainen vs. Sylvester 2 talk again. We all know what the referee did... We donīt need to go true that shit again...
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-21-2007, 07:06 AM   #5
Toney
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odo
Yesterday's fight was probably the most exciting pro fight I have ever seen of Sturm.
Yeah, Sturm fought a brave fight and showd that he has got a big heart. I belive that Griffin hurt Sturm a little bit in the early rounds, but Sturm did not run. He fought back and did well. Late in the fight Griffin looked vulnerable, a big puncher would had stopped him. Really good fight.
Toney is offline  Top
Old 10-22-2007, 12:23 PM   #6
Odo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney
What the hell are you talking about? Who thinks that he can easilly beat Abraham and Taylor? According to this news: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Saurland offered a world title bout to Asikainen... Abraham vs. Asikainen in December. But Asikainenīs camp turned down the offer. If Sauerland thinks that they can sell Abraham vs. Asikainen, then why Universum could not sell Sturm vs. Asikainen?

Asikainen is ranked #12 by WBA. And please, letīs not start the Asikainen vs. Sylvester 2 talk again. We all know what the referee did... We donīt need to go true that shit again...
Felix Sturm alias Adnan Catic has stated again and again that Abraham would be no match for him.

The difference between Abraham and Sturm is that Abraham can fight whoever he wants to he still receives respect and a lot of media attention whereas Sturm has been matched very carefully and his opponents have been carefully selected.
Sturm doesnt play in Abraham's league,and his promoter knows this pretty well.Nevertheless Kohl wont be able to sell this fight to German tv channel ZDF which doesnt provide as much time for his fight card as does the other big german tv channel,ARD,which broadcasts his rival Sauerland's shows.
ZDF was strongly critisized for showing Sturm vs that totally unknown fighter from Uruguay.I dont think that they would buy a Sturm vs a fighter who was knocked out by feather fisted Sylvester.
'Abraham and his promoter Sauerland dont have these kind of problems.
The Armenian is a household name in Germany after his dramatic fight with Miranda.
Odo is offline  Top
Old 10-26-2007, 03:39 AM   #7
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

I had it 7:5 rounds for Sturm. Griffin was very aggressive but most of his punches landed on the gloves and the arms. Sturm showd very good jab and some uppercuts. I think that a rematch is a fair decision.
Ivo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum