Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum

Old 04-09-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Map out choc's next 3 fights

While we are waiting on choc's next fight announcement I thought we should see what ESB members would do if they were manager for choc and his next 3 fights

No real rules however lets try to make the fights build to something and make some sort of financial sence.

It will be interesting to see what you would do now you have the call

Remember your his manager so your looking after his best interests (and your own )

PS: Smutt I know where you work....dont make me send in ladies of the night asking for the manager with your complements

A late thought...when you have done your fight selection...then pick who you think choc WILL fight next 3 fights
ashley is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 06:57 PM   #2
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Map out choc's next 3 fights

since you wont stop with the mundine shit, im just going to hi-jack all of the threads about him

so ash, first two fights of the tipping have been complete, one a draw the other we both got right but i picked KO and you picked points...........it was a KO
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #3
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
since you wont stop with the mundine shit, im just going to hi-jack all of the threads about him

so ash, first two fights of the tipping have been complete, one a draw the other we both got right but i picked KO and you picked points...........it was a KO
Thats a flip flop mate....going from not posting in Mundine threads to now vowing to post in all of them.....do you work in parliament

Congrats on the pic mate...who has fought so far?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #4
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By Karl Freitag
IBF welterweight champion Jan Zaveck (29-1, 17 KOs) scored a twelfth round TKO over #15 ranked contender Rodolfo Martinez (36-4-1, 13 KOs) on Friday night at the Tivoli Arena in Ljubljana, Slovenia. The much quicker Zaveck was in command from the get-go, strafing the rugged Martinez repeatedly with sharp combinations. The bout was finally waved off by the referee with :40 seconds left in the bout, although Martinez was still game to continue.
April 9th, 2010

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Battles to close draw with Bouziane
By Alexey Sukachev
There will be no new IBF champion at 115lb after the fight between the reigning titlist Simphiwe Nongqayi (16-0-1, 6 KOs) from the Republic of South Africa and IBF #10 ranked challenger Malik Bouziane (13-1-1, 1 KO) of Massy, France. A heated twelve-round affair between two well-educated but light-hitting stylists, which was held at Bouzianeís backyard ended in a split draw, which well reflects the flow of the contest. Both boxers boxed cautiously, using jab and tight defense and going into the slugfest mode only on occasion. The reigning champion took first two rounds off to adjust himself to the awkward Frenchman. Nongqayi was the better man in rounds three and four. The see-saw process continued in subsequent rounds as well and neither fighter could get the better of another. It looked like Bouziane did exactly enough to get the twelfth and final round but it turned out to be a disappointing mirage both for him and his partisan home crowd. Scores were 114-114, 114-114 and 115-113 for Bouziane. Fightnews scored it 115:114 for the challenger. Both fighters were down once and both times no knockdowns were issued.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:09 PM   #5
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

we both got this right, you picked KO10, me KO2

so u got a few extra points here

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

By Alexey Sukachev
In what will be long remembered as one of the most fascinating endings in the recent history of British boxing, seemingly wasted 2000 Sydney super heavyweight gold medalist Audley ďA-ForceĒ Harrison (27-4, 20 KOs) delivered a monstrous left hand equalizer to knock out bitter rival Michael Sprott (32-15, 17 KOs) cold at 1:05 of the twelfth and final round. The newly-crowned European heavyweight champion Harrison, at 38, was seemingly on the brink of calling it a day, losing to smaller Sprott the majority of rounds and showing little will to deliver anything big, until he turned the whole fight around and avenged his only career kayo loss in a stunning fashion. Sprott, who was just 2-4 since knocking Audley out cold three years ago, dug deep and found one more great fight in him pummeling and pounding Harrison from pillar to post for the entire first half of the contest. Harrison has never been rocked but was visibly unsettled by Sprott continuous aggression and fierce determination. Audley began to mount his comeback in round seven. In round eight, Audley delivered a long series of left uppercuts to rock Michael Sprott. He was the better man also in round nine. Sprott revived himself and got back into action in the tenth stanza but the eleventh was once again in A-Forceís favor. Fightnews had it 104-105 Ė for Sprott before the dramatic end in the twelfth with a sudden shot by Harrison. Sprott was given an oxygen in the ring after a bad knockout.
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Marcus
Champion
East Side Guru

i think its goin to be hard to beat you ash, dont expect me to be nice about it if i lose
Marcus is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:23 PM   #7
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

The sad thing is Ash, team Mundine couldn't tell you who he's fighting next now, let alone where to from there!

The best approach in trying to anticipate their selections, based on history, is eliminate travel as a possibility first. Then choose a guy very unlikely to offer much opposition. It's preferable also to bring the opposing fighter up a division from their natural weight, just to minimise what little chance there was of a meaningful contest. Oh, and then come in heavy at the weigh-in!

Not correct in all cases, but a very useful yardstick approach for the Mundine career thus far.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM   #8
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

1. Fight Hassan for the WBA MW World title.

Reason: Pickup the World title and send a message to the world that choc is ready to fight the big guns of the MW division.

Fight analysis: Hassen is a big puncher and moves very well so itís a dangerous fight...choc will move more and pick up the points as choc is faster and more accurate. At some stage choc will need to hurt Hassan or Hassan could catch choc late with a big shot.

Fight rating: 8/10...maybe the hardest test at MW save Pavlik and Sturm

2. Next I would fight Peter Manfredo in the states who will pick up the IBO 160 Title in 8 weeks time (Geale should be fighting Manfredo for this title)

Reason: Beating Manfredo (US fighter with profile) will put stage 2 of my plan under way to increase world profile and winning with style will get a few people in the US to take note...oh it also makes choc Mr 4 time

Fight analysis: Chocs will beat Peter to the punch all night...while manfredo is solid he is beatable without a huge punch....P4P good profile, good payday, low risk

Fight rating: 7/10 Pickup IBO title low risk increase name in the states

3. Fight Pavlik putting up the WBA and IBO titles in the states

Reason: Itís time for choc to have his career defining fight...and a chance to rule the MW kingdom.

Fight analysis: Chocs speed, movement and evasion will see him winning the first 4 rounds of 6. Next 6 rounds are the problem as Pav finds his KO range. Choc needs to counter with power and hurt Pav enough to slow him down. If choc can hurt him he has a shot at a close UD win.

Fight rating: 10/10 Very hard fight, high risk, high reward win or lose...must get this shot.

If choc canít get Pav after the first 2 wins then fight Wright in the states and make lots of noise about Pav ducking him...choc will now beat Wright.

I donít think the Wright fight will be needed as Top rank want the WBA title and they know Sturm will vacant down the road.

Ok so thats what I would do right or wrong.

This is what I think Chocs team will do.....

1. Fight at 154 as he makes weight easy
2. Fight for the WBA intirim title at 154 and setup a fight with winner of Foremen v Cotto in the states.
3. Fight for the IBO 154 title while the winner of foreman V cotto has another fight before choc.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 PM   #9
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
i think its goin to be hard to beat you ash, dont expect me to be nice about it if i lose
I for one hope you can win mate and hold the ESB tipping comp Cup high

Its between you me and francis and we have already won it once so its your turn mate.
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:41 PM   #10
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
The sad thing is Ash, team Mundine couldn't tell you who he's fighting next now, let alone where to from there!

The best approach in trying to anticipate their selections, based on history, is eliminate travel as a possibility first. Then choose a guy very unlikely to offer much opposition. It's preferable also to bring the opposing fighter up a division from their natural weight, just to minimise what little chance there was of a meaningful contest. Oh, and then come in heavy at the weigh-in!

Not correct in all cases, but a very useful yardstick approach for the Mundine career thus far.
Just map out 3 fights that you would have him do and then take a stab at what you think they will do...its not that hard mate
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:45 PM   #11
fast hands
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1296

Ashley, you really should seek professional help !!
fast hands is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 07:48 PM   #12
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast hands View Post
Ashley, you really should seek professional help !!
Yes you maybe right...but are you talking about my poor state of health in general or some points of my fights selected?
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #13
flamengo
Coool as a Cucumber.
East Side Guru

Location: Have removed the 20a87 troll virus 'coz it sux cocks.

1. Fight for respect.
This is a onesided affair with Choc falling short in the preparation. A terrible loss.

2. Fight for credibility.
As with the first opponent, a hard task. Choc fails to consider the additional counter punching ability from short range in the face of genuine value. Another terrible loss.

3. Fight for a legacy.
This one's an easy win for Choc. Even though the opponent didn't show up, the bout was still very, very sloppy with Choc backing himself into the corners at ridiculous stages of the rounds and the result being a confusing UD that will be determined by generations in around 25 years time....
flamengo is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:37 PM   #14
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
1. Fight Hassan for the WBA MW World title.

Reason: Pickup the World title and send a message to the world that choc is ready to fight the big guns of the MW division.

Fight analysis: Hassen is a big puncher and moves very well so itís a dangerous fight...choc will move more and pick up the points as choc is faster and more accurate. At some stage choc will need to hurt Hassan or Hassan could catch choc late with a big shot.

Fight rating: 8/10...maybe the hardest test at MW save Pavlik and Sturm

2. Next I would fight Peter Manfredo in the states who will pick up the IBO 160 Title in 8 weeks time (Geale should be fighting Manfredo for this title)

Reason: Beating Manfredo (US fighter with profile) will put stage 2 of my plan under way to increase world profile and winning with style will get a few people in the US to take note...oh it also makes choc Mr 4 time

Fight analysis: Chocs will beat Peter to the punch all night...while manfredo is solid he is beatable without a huge punch....P4P good profile, good payday, low risk

Fight rating: 7/10 Pickup IBO title low risk increase name in the states

3. Fight Pavlik putting up the WBA and IBO titles in the states

Reason: Itís time for choc to have his career defining fight...and a chance to rule the MW kingdom.

Fight analysis: Chocs speed, movement and evasion will see him winning the first 4 rounds of 6. Next 6 rounds are the problem as Pav finds his KO range. Choc needs to counter with power and hurt Pav enough to slow him down. If choc can hurt him he has a shot at a close UD win.

Fight rating: 10/10 Very hard fight, high risk, high reward win or lose...must get this shot.

If choc canít get Pav after the first 2 wins then fight Wright in the states and make lots of noise about Pav ducking him...choc will now beat Wright.

I donít think the Wright fight will be needed as Top rank want the WBA title and they know Sturm will vacant down the road.

Ok so thats what I would do right or wrong.

This is what I think Chocs team will do.....

1. Fight at 154 as he makes weight easy
2. Fight for the WBA intirim title at 154 and setup a fight with winner of Foremen v Cotto in the states.
3. Fight for the IBO 154 title while the winner of foreman V cotto has another fight before choc.
**** off Ash , I AM SPARTAN !!!!!!........
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:41 PM   #15
perfect jet
Belt holder
ESB Addict

1. Laurie Daley
2. George W. Bush
3. Cathy Freeman
perfect jet is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum