Old 04-09-2010, 08:45 PM   #16
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071
Default Re: Map out choc's next 3 fights

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley View Post
1. Fight Hassan for the WBA MW World title.

Reason: Pickup the World title and send a message to the world that choc is ready to fight the big guns of the MW division.

Fight analysis: Hassen is a big puncher and moves very well so itís a dangerous fight...choc will move more and pick up the points as choc is faster and more accurate. At some stage choc will need to hurt Hassan or Hassan could catch choc late with a big shot.

Fight rating: 8/10...maybe the hardest test at MW save Pavlik and Sturm

2. Next I would fight Peter Manfredo in the states who will pick up the IBO 160 Title in 8 weeks time (Geale should be fighting Manfredo for this title)

Reason: Beating Manfredo (US fighter with profile) will put stage 2 of my plan under way to increase world profile and winning with style will get a few people in the US to take note...oh it also makes choc Mr 4 time

Fight analysis: Chocs will beat Peter to the punch all night...while manfredo is solid he is beatable without a huge punch....P4P good profile, good payday, low risk

Fight rating: 7/10 Pickup IBO title low risk increase name in the states

3. Fight Pavlik putting up the WBA and IBO titles in the states

Reason: Itís time for choc to have his career defining fight...and a chance to rule the MW kingdom.

Fight analysis: Chocs speed, movement and evasion will see him winning the first 4 rounds of 6. Next 6 rounds are the problem as Pav finds his KO range. Choc needs to counter with power and hurt Pav enough to slow him down. If choc can hurt him he has a shot at a close UD win.

Fight rating: 10/10 Very hard fight, high risk, high reward win or lose...must get this shot.

If choc canít get Pav after the first 2 wins then fight Wright in the states and make lots of noise about Pav ducking him...choc will now beat Wright.

I donít think the Wright fight will be needed as Top rank want the WBA title and they know Sturm will vacant down the road.

Ok so thats what I would do right or wrong.

This is what I think Chocs team will do.....

1. Fight at 154 as he makes weight easy
2. Fight for the WBA intirim title at 154 and setup a fight with winner of Foremen v Cotto in the states.
3. Fight for the IBO 154 title while the winner of foreman V cotto has another fight before choc.
Agree with the first and last but manfredo isn't high profile anymore, he should fight winky instead - past his best and a bona fide name.
20a87 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #17
Contendo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
The sad thing is Ash, team Mundine couldn't tell you who he's fighting next now, let alone where to from there!

The best approach in trying to anticipate their selections, based on history, is eliminate travel as a possibility first. Then choose a guy very unlikely to offer much opposition. It's preferable also to bring the opposing fighter up a division from their natural weight, just to minimise what little chance there was of a meaningful contest. Oh, and then come in heavy at the weigh-in!

Not correct in all cases, but a very useful yardstick approach for the Mundine career thus far.
Contendo is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 PM   #18
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20a87 View Post
Agree with the first and last but manfredo isn't high profile anymore, he should fight winky instead - past his best and a bona fide name.
I thought Manfredo had a good win last month and hes now fighting for the vacant IBO title against Angel Hernandaz who has wins over Echols and McGirt.

Winner of this will be top 10 to 15 so wont hurt choc fighting him but I cant argue with fighting Wright either
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #19
Francis75
Champion
East Side Guru

I would love to see Anthony fight the following if i had a 3 wishes -

* Prime Julian Jackson at 154 ( Choc and Ray Kelly reckon he can make 154 but he can't ).

* Prime G-Man at 160

* Prime Nigel Benn at 168.

As Kevin Keegan once said as Newcastle United manager - "I would luv it, just luv it".
Francis75 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #20
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I thought Manfredo had a good win last month and hes now fighting for the vacant IBO title against Angel Hernandaz who has wins over Echols and McGirt.

Winner of this will be top 10 to 15 so wont hurt choc fighting him but I cant argue with fighting Wright either
Manfredo .... Winky Top 15
JOSEY WALES is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #21
20a87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3071

Quote:

Manfredo is not really a name anymore mate, he's settled into the role of journeyman and at choc's age it would be a meaningless fight especially if he has a belt when he fights him. Little risk, little reward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis75 View Post
I would love to see Anthony fight the following if i had a 3 wishes -

* Prime Julian Jackson at 154 ( Choc and Ray Kelly reckon he can make 154 but he can't ).

* Prime G-Man at 160

* Prime Nigel Benn at 168.

As Kevin Keegan once said as Newcastle United manager - "I would luv it, just luv it".
"If we beat them" and they didn't by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Manfredo .... Winky Top 15
pervy dumbass, can't understand simple posts?
20a87 is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 09:49 PM   #22
COULDHAVEBEEN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 970

Ash,

I'm actually a little bit sorry about my last post mate. But...

...sadly it isn't that far from reality.

Not sure if you remember the 'Who Am I' thread that we used to run here? But if you'd posted up what I wrote earlier, everyone would pick who I was referring to straight away - no one would have the slightest doubt.

As you know better than me, there are names firming as likely next Mundine opponents. Trouble is, there are a couple with fairly serious cred, and one or two with comparatively little.

...based on previous form the latter outcome is the more likely.
COULDHAVEBEEN is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #23
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by COULDHAVEBEEN View Post
Ash,

I'm actually a little bit sorry about my last post mate. But...

...sadly it isn't that far from reality.

Not sure if you remember the 'Who Am I' thread that we used to run here? But if you'd posted up what I wrote earlier, everyone would pick who I was referring to straight away - no one would have the slightest doubt.

As you know better than me, there are names firming as likely next Mundine opponents. Trouble is, there are a couple with fairly serious cred, and one or two with comparatively little.

...based on previous form the latter outcome is the more likely.
Mate Im just taking a guess at the fights....we all know a bit about whats going on and what Tony Mundine said in his interview
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 10:18 PM   #24
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Mate Im just taking a guess at the fights....we all know a bit about whats going on and what Tony Mundine said in his interview
Fought you knew 4 Defo Bra , ( Did i sound Gangsta ) ? ....
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #25
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSEY WALES View Post
Fought you knew 4 Defo Bra , ( Did i sound Gangsta ) ? ....
You do sound gangsta

Now if I did know I would be sworn to secrecy so I couldnt say anyway

No harm in making a few posts guessing
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #26
JOSEY WALES
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
You do sound gangsta

Now if I did know I would be sworn to secrecy so I couldnt say anyway

No harm in making a few posts guessing
First rule Ash ..... Later lad's .
Old 04-09-2010, 11:57 PM   #27
Sydney Smutt
Tits ooot
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
1. Fight Hassan for the WBA MW World title.

Reason: Pickup the World title and send a message to the world that choc is ready to fight the big guns of the MW division.

Fight analysis: Hassen is a big puncher and moves very well so itís a dangerous fight...choc will move more and pick up the points as choc is faster and more accurate. At some stage choc will need to hurt Hassan or Hassan could catch choc late with a big shot.

Fight rating: 8/10...maybe the hardest test at MW save Pavlik and Sturm

2. Next I would fight Peter Manfredo in the states who will pick up the IBO 160 Title in 8 weeks time (Geale should be fighting Manfredo for this title)

Reason: Beating Manfredo (US fighter with profile) will put stage 2 of my plan under way to increase world profile and winning with style will get a few people in the US to take note...oh it also makes choc Mr 4 time

Fight analysis: Chocs will beat Peter to the punch all night...while manfredo is solid he is beatable without a huge punch....P4P good profile, good payday, low risk

Fight rating: 7/10 Pickup IBO title low risk increase name in the states

3. Fight Pavlik putting up the WBA and IBO titles in the states

Reason: Itís time for choc to have his career defining fight...and a chance to rule the MW kingdom.

Fight analysis: Chocs speed, movement and evasion will see him winning the first 4 rounds of 6. Next 6 rounds are the problem as Pav finds his KO range. Choc needs to counter with power and hurt Pav enough to slow him down. If choc can hurt him he has a shot at a close UD win.

Fight rating: 10/10 Very hard fight, high risk, high reward win or lose...must get this shot.

If choc canít get Pav after the first 2 wins then fight Wright in the states and make lots of noise about Pav ducking him...choc will now beat Wright.

I donít think the Wright fight will be needed as Top rank want the WBA title and they know Sturm will vacant down the road.

Ok so thats what I would do right or wrong.

This is what I think Chocs team will do.....

1. Fight at 154 as he makes weight easy
2. Fight for the WBA intirim title at 154 and setup a fight with winner of Foremen v Cotto in the states.
3. Fight for the IBO 154 title while the winner of foreman V cotto has another fight before choc.
You are in complete ****ing dreamland you are!

Sydney Smutt is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2010, 12:27 AM   #28
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney Smutt View Post
You are in complete ****ing dreamland you are!

What is the problem with a low risk fight against Manfredo

Low risk being lower than fighting Hassan or Pavlik

Would you like me to tell you who Pavlik is?....I know your a bit new to the game
ashley is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #29
boxoncottonon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 850

I have given this considerable thought Ash...Khoder should look into these as "The Pioneers" Next engagements.

1. Humphrey B Bear (will come out of retirement for right money)

2. Brock Lesner

3. Mick Malthouse
boxoncottonon is offline  Top
Old 04-10-2010, 12:40 AM   #30
ashley
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxoncottonon View Post
I have given this considerable thought Ash...Khoder should look into these as "The Pioneers" Next engagements.

1. Humphrey B Bear (will come out of retirement for right money)

2. Brock Lesner

3. Mick Malthouse
Mate you have some heavy hitters there....not sure if Khoner will go for that

Wheres my avatar?

Did you get my email?

Send me one today mate
ashley is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Australian Boxing Forum