Old 10-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #61
Max Molyneux
Liverpool Liver Tickler
ESB Addict

vCash: 1241
Default Re: Enzo's next opponent...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolya
Fight Darnell, you big **** talking *****!
Are you sure that Darnell could be just believing stuff his managers telling him. Plus he has the time to post on ESB to talk about him being ducked so was he working that hard to get the shot or leaving It all up to his manager?
Max Molyneux is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 10-27-2007, 07:59 AM   #62
Haye
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq

"Then there is either Mormeck or Haye in the pipeline, so there are some good fights around

"As for the Ding-A-Ling Man, I do rate him and he is strong and dangerous. But then again, there are plenty of those kind of boxers out there."
If he thinks he is getting Haye Mormeck winner then he is completely brain dead

Yeah, fighters like Azzoiui eh Macca?
Haye is offline  Top
Old 10-27-2007, 01:57 PM   #63
Kolya
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Molyneux
Are you sure that Darnell could be just believing stuff his managers telling him. Plus he has the time to post on ESB to talk about him being ducked so was he working that hard to get the shot or leaving It all up to his manager?
Well, seeing as I've been in the gym at the same time as Darnell, I can assure you he is there and he does work hard; he does what he's supposed to do when he has no guaranteed fight coming up. Just gets in the gym and works out and stays in shape so if he gets a call he can take it and be ready.
Kolya is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 12:35 AM   #64
WhataRock
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 166

Mohammed is unbeaten and a decent boxer, in many ways this is a way better option than Sellers.

Azzaoui has very strong fundamentals and is quite well schooled, but there is nothing standout about him, he aint that fast nor does he hit very hard. And he doesnt have the biggest kit of punches, relies heavily on basic moves usually.
If his chin is good, which I have no idea if it is or not, then it could well be interesting because Enzo is pretty average in the skills department but of course he has other abilities which make him a top fighter.
If Mo can avoid those, then it might be I harder fight then many expect.

Azzaoui is a bit of an unknown quantity , he could fold or he could suprise us.
WhataRock is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 AM   #65
ipswich express
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

It's quite obvious that a few on here have never heard of Azzaoui. He's a pretty decent opponent on late notice. The guy can fight, trust me.
ipswich express is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 03:25 AM   #66
Cruiser1
Champion Emeritus
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhataRock
Mohammed is unbeaten and a decent boxer, in many ways this is a way better option than Sellers.

Azzaoui has very strong fundamentals and is quite well schooled, but there is nothing standout about him, he aint that fast nor does he hit very hard. And he doesnt have the biggest kit of punches, relies heavily on basic moves usually.
If his chin is good, which I have no idea if it is or not, then it could well be interesting because Enzo is pretty average in the skills department but of course he has other abilities which make him a top fighter.
If Mo can avoid those, then it might be I harder fight then many expect.

Azzaoui is a bit of an unknown quantity , he could fold or he could suprise us.
Good fighter or not, Azzaoui just inherited alot of new fans. If he were to pull off the "upset" justice would be served.
Cruiser1 is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 03:27 AM   #67
rooq
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Good fighter or not, Azzaoui just inherited alot of new fans. If he were to pull off the "upset" justice would be served.
he might have even more chance with more than 2 weeks notice
rooq is offline  Top
Old 10-28-2007, 04:54 AM   #68
T.C.W
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooq
from setanta . com, macca believes rivals "running scared"...

Enzo Maccarinelli believes that he is becoming a victim of his own success.

The WBO cruiserweight champion is poised to defend his belt against Mohamed Azzaoui on the undercard for Joe Calzaghe's super-middleweight title unification fight with Mikkel Kessler in Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on November 3.

Setantasports.com understands that Azzaoui has agreed to act as a late replacement for Ezra Sellers, who was prevented from tackling Maccarinelli because the British Boxing Board of control did not deem him worthy of a title shot.

Some would argue that Azzaoui is not worthy of a title shot either but needs must for Maccarinelli, who saw IBF champion Steve Cunningham, the undefeated Dane Johnny Jensen and the experienced American Rob Calloway all reject offers to fight him in Cardiff.

The Welshman has been left somewhat bewildered by his rivals’ unwillingness to get into the ring with him, but he believes that they are all running scared after witnessing his impressive win over Wayne Braithwaite last time out.

"Calloway wouldn't take up the offer, and that is disappointing because I am offering him a crack at the world title," he is quoted as saying in the South Wales Echo.

"He has a good record and he has only lost to guys who are heavyweights.

"But that is history now and I just think that people have seen me differently since I beat Wayne Braithwaite.

"They saw a different dimension to my boxing because before that they saw me as a puncher.

"Now they are aware that I can really box. I am not the finished article yet, but people realise what I am capable of.

"People want stupid money just to fight me now."

However, Maccarinelli still believes that the mega fights are just around the corner and he is very open to the idea of fighting the loud-mouthed American, Dernell ‘Ding-A-Ling Man’ Wilson.

"I am looking for a possible unification fight, probably with Steve Cunningham," he explained.

"Then there is either Mormeck or Haye in the pipeline, so there are some good fights around down the line.

"As for the Ding-A-Ling Man, I do rate him and he is strong and dangerous. But then again, there are plenty of those kind of boxers out there."
Then why didn't he fight him, Ding was willing to step up.

I'm not going to be to hard on Enzo but it is step back from Briathwaite and I hope his first fight next year is again a top 10, 200 pound fighter.
T.C.W is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum