ARREOLA 34 51.52%
ADAMEK 32 48.48%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-23-2010, 08:31 AM   #46
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Arreola-Adamek: How Does The Brit Forum See This Humdinger Going?

Adamek's the better boxer, more versatile and can probably hit hard enough to mark Arreola up. He'll move and counter Arreola's aggression early on, and occasionally step forwards on the offence.

Arreola will keep it close because whenever he's inside mid-range, he'll work combinations which might catch Adamek. I see Adamek maybe getting knocked down or seriously hurt and having to box smart to survive later on.

But, overall, I think Adamek will land the cleaner work to win a SD that the idiots on the GF will call a robbery because Arreola will finish strong.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #47
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 3010

Arreola, cos he's not a corpse like Golota, and he hits harder than Estrada. Adamek is by no stretch of the imagination a heavyweight in my eyes, and this fight i expect him to be blown away, or if he's really unlucky, Eaten up whole!
mugen82 is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #48
supremo
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Think Arreola is a pretty horrible boxer, but the weight difference will se him through to a win. Adamek was far from impressive against Estrada and Arreola will land on him.
supremo is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #49
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

I just cant get into Arreloa , he just looks like shit , and after watching some of his AMA footage when he was a LHW and looked so much better for it !!!!! , i just can like the fella , im hoping Adamek dishes out a boxing / punching lesson and forces a stoppage around 8 or 9 !!!!

But i cant see it .
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #50
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2863

think arreolas gonna draw him into a war nd ko him late on
tony mush is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2010, 02:16 PM   #51
Larryboys
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 128

I think it stays competitive for about the first 5 rounds until Arreola being a proper heavyweight and having a big punch starts to show, and he wins within the next 3 rounds by KO/TKO.
Larryboys is offline  Top
Old 04-23-2010, 02:33 PM   #52
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

I'm going for Arreola. Bit of a punt because he's not that great and Adamek undoubtedly has more skills and skills usually win. But honestly I wasn't impressed with how he dealt with the rudimentary pressure of Estrada who isn't even a natural come forward fighter. He didn't look like he had heavyweight strength or power by any means, it looked like a mouse nipping an elephants ankles at times. I got the same impression against Golota though he did make his mark eventually through accumulation, but its stark contrast to Haye's move up as far as explosiveness and power.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 12:00 AM   #53
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

The trouble is with the big guys I've noticed, is that they kind of assume they just need to land one good punch and can eat a thousand from the guy coming up, and they don't seem to fight like they normally would.

However have seen Adamek shaken a few times and think Arreola may be just too much for him if he ploughs on like he should.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #54
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Arreola to stop him around the 8th.

I'm not convinced of Adamek at HW and the ability to take an accumulation of hard HW shots....Arreola will be able to close the distance I reckon and he will cause some damage to Adamek eventually.

Should be a good action fight
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 08:00 AM   #55
kosaros
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 999

20a87, avidlemon, BALDOYLE BOXING, Beeston Brawler, Boro chris, Briggs, Camm, chr15 b, Chris84, cside, dragor, drowller, fg2227, fleaman, KingCobra, kosaros, kurt2006, Mr. V.I.P., Paddy, rainmaker, robpalmer135, rooq, ross1, safc1990, thewinfella, threethirteen, Wickio, will4009, wrimc

All got it right
kosaros is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 09:04 AM   #56
rainmaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainmaker View Post
Although I agree in part, I believe speed will be the bigger difference. If Arreola is slow, and lacking mobility, he may get picked apart.
Well just gotta quote myself hehe. Happened just as I thought it would. Couldn't have called it any better methinks!

I knew the extra weight would be a factor. Arreola was so heavy footed, just couldnt move, but plod around. Yes he has fast hands and let them go when he managed to pin Adamek, but he couldnt sustain any kind of rhythm. Adamek on the other hand, moved quite well, and threw punches in bunches, just look at Arreola's face after the fight! Adamek made a Pinata out of it.

Arreola needs to take stock and get serious! And to those thinking Arreola is anything other than a fast handed slugger with serious weight issues, needs to think again. The guy was seriously shown up by a guy who not so long ago was fighting at light heavy! congrats Adamek! I'm a fan of Haye and would LOVE to see these 2 get it on somewhere down the line.
rainmaker is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 09:18 AM   #57
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Adamek's the better boxer, more versatile and can probably hit hard enough to mark Arreola up. He'll move and counter Arreola's aggression early on, and occasionally step forwards on the offence.

overall, I think Adamek will land the cleaner work to win a SD that the idiots on the GF will call a robbery because Arreola will finish strong.
Alright! I got it bang on more or less. I got Martinez-Pavlik wrong, despite acknowledging it would be difficult for Kelly. But back on track!
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 AM   #58
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosaros View Post
20a87, avidlemon, BALDOYLE BOXING, Beeston Brawler, Boro chris, Briggs, Camm, chr15 b, Chris84, cside, dragor, drowller, fg2227, fleaman, KingCobra, kosaros, kurt2006, Mr. V.I.P., Paddy, rainmaker, robpalmer135, rooq, ross1, safc1990, thewinfella, threethirteen, Wickio, will4009, wrimc

All got it right

Wel done.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum