Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #16
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Big daddy avid sez smigg will be back!
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Tyson View Post
Froch would win the rematch.
reasons?
avidlemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 08:25 AM   #17
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,944
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
reasons?
Agreed. Unless Kessler slips more, its a stylistic matchup that favours the Dane. Frochy is at just the right range for Kessler to find him, although upping his workrate could A) See him hurt Kessler more B) See him win a decision C) See him countered more and taken out.

Frochy has a quality chin, but leaving it out to dry against World Class opposition?!? I mean, not even Chuvalo did that.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:52 AM   #18
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Big daddy avid sez smigg will be back!
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
Agreed. Unless Kessler slips more, its a stylistic matchup that favours the Dane. Frochy is at just the right range for Kessler to find him, although upping his workrate could A) See him hurt Kessler more B) See him win a decision C) See him countered more and taken out.

Frochy has a quality chin, but leaving it out to dry against World Class opposition?!? I mean, not even Chuvalo did that.
the problem is that although i think carl COULD win in a re-match, the reasons he won't unless he changes something drastically are;
Doesn't engage and battle as much as he would like to think he does when he is under fire.
Too lazy with what is actually quite a decent jab when he uses it.
Loads up with the right far too often, and it sometimes comes from either so wide or far back you can get out of the way.
And that left hand HAS got to come up.

The trouble is that when he does engage and war, sometimes there is such a lack of movement coming in, he can be picked off. Off topic, this is where he could come unstuck against abraham IMO.
avidlemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:55 AM   #19
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 172
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

I can't see Froch qualify for the semi-finals to be honest so it will have to happen outside of the Super Six.

Will it happen? I'm not sure. If he loses to Abraham he only has Lucien Bute at 168 but a very attractive re-match at 175 against Jean Pascal awaits...

I also think he'll retire within 2 years now.
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 08:57 AM   #20
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,944
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Abraham will win by K.O whenever Frochy stands and trades.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 AM   #21
mugen82
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,742
vCash: 3010
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Mc View Post
I can't see Froch qualify for the semi-finals to be honest so it will have to happen outside of the Super Six.

Will it happen? I'm not sure. If he loses to Abraham he only has Lucien Bute at 168 but a very attractive re-match at 175 against Jean Pascal awaits...

I also think he'll retire within 2 years now.
There's so many permutation involved, i've got a headache tracking all the possibilities, i was thinking that if he loses to Abraham, he moves up to fight Pascal, but Pascal is the underdog against Chad Dawson, and if he loses, the chance of a rematch with Carl is alot less viable, especially economically.
mugen82 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:10 AM   #22
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

If Ward wins his next two and Kessler and Froch win there next fights the semi finals will be....

Ward vs Abraham
Kessler vs Froch 2
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:17 AM   #23
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,944
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
If Ward wins his next two and Kessler and Froch win there next fights the semi finals will be....

Ward vs Abraham
Kessler vs Froch 2
If Abraham beats Froch, Dirrell will be tied with Froch on 2. What dya think Rob, will they make them meet in a play-off? Its a rematch that people would want to see
Flea Man is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:20 AM   #24
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleaman View Post
If Abraham beats Froch, Dirrell will be tied with Froch on 2. What dya think Rob, will they make them meet in a play-off? Its a rematch that people would want to see
H2H decides so Froch would go through
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #25
Teddy Edelman
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 482
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

let's make both 2 and 3!

if they'll meet again in England I think it's 50/50
Teddy Edelman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:32 AM   #26
Lee Mc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: London
Posts: 3,564
vCash: 172
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
If Ward wins his next two and Kessler and Froch win there next fights the semi finals will be....

Ward vs Abraham
Kessler vs Froch 2
I've got Ward beating Green, Abraham beating Froch, Kessler beating Green and Dirrell beating Ward...

Abraham would finish on 6 and Dirrell, Ward and Kessler would all finish on 4 but **** knows in what order!
Lee Mc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:36 AM   #27
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Yorkshire
Posts: 13,617
vCash: 664
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

I can't see Abraham beating Froch, I just can't (I believe that the little turtle is just a tad overrated on here)...the only way he does is if the fight is in Germany and Roger Tilleman and Arthurs mam and dad are scoring the fight.
icemax is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:40 AM   #28
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Big daddy avid sez smigg will be back!
Posts: 3,429
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

the problem froch has with abraham is that he will have to go looking for him, as abraham wont come forward until he in range for his short but powerfull arms to hammer home.
if froch can close the distance, and use his jab the he can win this fight. But if he keeps leaving his chin out, then he could be in trouble.
Abraham does appear to be a bit of a one trick pony though
avidlemon is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:49 AM   #29
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

you can do a bracket here.

I think Froch takes Abraham if its not in Germany. Reckon Showtimes will persuade them to do it in US.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 09:52 AM   #30
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: North London
Posts: 14,183
vCash: 75
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
the problem froch has with abraham is that he will have to go looking for him, as abraham wont come forward until he in range for his short but powerfull arms to hammer home.
if froch can close the distance, and use his jab the he can win this fight. But if he keeps leaving his chin out, then he could be in trouble.
Abraham does appear to be a bit of a one trick pony though
Could say the same about Kessler.

Froch will have a 7 inch reach advantage. Should just jab his face off.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013