TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
H2H decides so Froch would go through
Wow that would be kinda rough on Dirrell...I almost feel sorry for that kid the way things have gone. Really couldn't have gone much worse.
TFFP is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #32
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
Wow that would be kinda rough on Dirrell...I almost feel sorry for that kid the way things have gone. Really couldn't have gone much worse.
Nah **** Dirrell...the kid is a whiny little *****
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #33
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Could say the same about Kessler.

Froch will have a 7 inch reach advantage. Should just jab his face off.
do you mean being a one trick pony or the reach advtantage?

froch could and should have done that to kessler.

abraham and kessler are different animals to be honest. AA has that raw power to unleash if he gets the chance, whereas kessler tends to pick punches, and build a momentum. Stylistcally froch should have done better against kessler, but could actually look quite good against AA.
But he can be hit, as he doesn't get in and out quick enough, which unfortunately could be his downfall
avidlemon is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:02 AM   #34
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Kessler beating Green and Dirrell beating Ward
I'm interested why you think these fights will play out this way?

Not that I disagree, I think Dirrel's skittishness will give Ward fits. Just curious why you see it that way.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #35
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Nah **** Dirrell...the kid is a whiny little *****
So's Froch if we're being truthful..not exactly taken this loss in his stride has he?
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:17 AM   #36
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
So's Froch if we're being truthful..not exactly taken this loss in his stride has he?
He hasn't thrown himself on the floor like a 2 year old having a tantrum, or done an impression of a flapping fish in a successfull attempt to get another man DQ'd
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 AM   #37
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
reasons?
Because now Froch knows that he has to put his foot on the gas. He shook Kessler in the 5th and if he had jumped on him for a couple of minutes, OK it may not have stopped him but it certainly would have taken alot out of him. Kessler is a very mental fighter. He finds it hard to re-adjust to plan B, Froch would be more aware to try and put the pressure on.
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #38
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Tyson View Post
Because now Froch knows that he has to put his foot on the gas. He shook Kessler in the 5th and if he had jumped on him for a couple of minutes, OK it may not have stopped him but it certainly would have taken alot out of him. Kessler is a very mental fighter. He finds it hard to re-adjust to plan B, Froch would be more aware to try and put the pressure on.
do you think he CAN do this. I agree if he does he has a far better chance of victory. It was my first reaction to the defeat. I just don't know if he can against kessler. He seemed to step off as soon as kessler returned fire
Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #39
Little Tyson
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1284

Quote:
do you think he CAN do this. I agree if he does he has a far better chance of victory. It was my first reaction to the defeat. I just don't know if he can against kessler. He seemed to step off as soon as kessler returned fire
Well i thought it was similar to parts in the Taylor fight. Just before he knocked him down in the 12th round he was strutting, the knockout came but it aint always gonna be like that. Froch was very protective of his unblemished record, hell be hungrier than ever to rematch Kessler and redeem the defeat. (I hope)
Little Tyson is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #40
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
He hasn't thrown himself on the floor like a 2 year old having a tantrum, or done an impression of a flapping fish in a successfull attempt to get another man DQ'd
He throws himself on the floor in every fight! Very dubious tactics, I have a feeling he might just be doing it for his pressurising Grandpa.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 11:48 AM   #41
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Tyson View Post
Well i thought it was similar to parts in the Taylor fight. Just before he knocked him down in the 12th round he was strutting, the knockout came but it aint always gonna be like that. Froch was very protective of his unblemished record, hell be hungrier than ever to rematch Kessler and redeem the defeat. (I hope)
Carl needs to realise these guys he isn't going to steam roller them all the time, and needs to have a strategy to build up a points lead in the fight. Being active in parts, and retreating into his shell wont help.

i agree he could win a return fight with kessler, but he has to listen to rob in his corner
Old 04-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #42
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

The odds would be heavily stacked against him in a return. Froch was typical Froch, he didn't do anything particularly wrong except for his usual flaws. He was out on his **** just as Kessler was at the end so it couldn't be claimed he didn't give it his best or that he left something in the ring. He just got outworked and outmaneorved really, Kessler was the ring general most of the time and put together more combinations. Neither were accurate but Kessler showed more willingness to grit it out and throw combinations whereas Carl was throwing in spurts.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #43
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
The odds would be heavily stacked against him in a return. Froch was typical Froch, he didn't do anything particularly wrong except for his usual flaws. He was out on his **** just as Kessler was at the end so it couldn't be claimed he didn't give it his best or that he left something in the ring. He just got outworked and outmaneorved really, Kessler was the ring general most of the time and put together more combinations. Neither were accurate but Kessler showed more willingness to grit it out and throw combinations whereas Carl was throwing in spurts.
that is where the fight was won and lost. The question is, is if carl changed his game and did throw combinations, and didn't take his foot off the gas, would this affect kessler negatively or positively? Would kessler have another gear to go up, or will he struggle? At the end of the day, when calzaghe changed his plan mid fight, this threw kessler, and he didn't recover. The question is can froch pose any of these potential problems in the ring off the cuff to kessler?
Old 04-26-2010, 12:07 PM   #44
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Or would Kessler just start punching through Carl's wide shots? There was a reason Carl didn't put his foot on the gas, and it wasn't entirely his own choice. Saying 'Carl had the winning in that fight' gives Kessler no credit at all.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 04-26-2010, 12:08 PM   #45
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
that is where the fight was won and lost. The question is, is if carl changed his game and did throw combinations, and didn't take his foot off the gas, would this affect kessler negatively or positively? Would kessler have another gear to go up, or will he struggle? At the end of the day, when calzaghe changed his plan mid fight, this threw kessler, and he didn't recover. The question is can froch pose any of these potential problems in the ring off the cuff to kessler?
A further question might be is he even capable of doing that? He hasn't ever shown me he can throw combinations throughout a fight and maintain a pace throughout 12 rounds. He sacrifices a lot of that with his big swings, it takes a lot of energy particularly if you hit air. McCracken asked for more but he didn't deliver it until the last couple rounds.
TFFP is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum