Old 04-26-2010, 11:20 AM   #46
avidlemon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Kessler vs Froch 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFFP View Post
A further question might be is he even capable of doing that? He hasn't ever shown me he can throw combinations throughout a fight and maintain a pace throughout 12 rounds. He sacrifices a lot of that with his big swings, it takes a lot of energy particularly if you hit air. McCracken asked for more but he didn't deliver it until the last couple rounds.
well to be honest, i kind of agree with you. I think froch can look good, and be effective behind the jab. But his actual power shots seem to be not laboured, but not very cultured. and as a result he puts himself off balance as he does swing a little bit for the fences, and being off balance coming in with no defence he does get picked off.
The thing is though, i think kessler forced him into these errors at certain points in the fight.
It is frustrating watching him at times though, as he had kessler going at certain points, and seemed incapapble of going in for the kill like he did with taylor
avidlemon is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #47
ed7890
Col. Hunter Gathers
ESB Addict

vCash: 1127

I'd like to see a second, hope it happens. I'd still have it close to 50-50, but maybe slightly favoring Froch. I think he could improve on what he did at the weekend. He was a bit too negative, and if he forced it a bit more in a neutral venue I think he could take it.

Still I wouldn't put my house on it, 2 very close guys. It'd be great though, fantastic fight the last night.
ed7890 is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #48
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
If Ward wins his next two and Kessler and Froch win there next fights the semi finals will be....

Ward vs Abraham
Kessler vs Froch 2

I didn't realise that, that would be superb!!

I'd love to see these two go at it again.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #49
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidlemon View Post
well to be honest, i kind of agree with you. I think froch can look good, and be effective behind the jab. But his actual power shots seem to be not laboured, but not very cultured. and as a result he puts himself off balance as he does swing a little bit for the fences, and being off balance coming in with no defence he does get picked off.
The thing is though, i think kessler forced him into these errors at certain points in the fight.
It is frustrating watching him at times though, as he had kessler going at certain points, and seemed incapapble of going in for the kill like he did with taylor
Taylor was dieing on his ass in the last round so nothing was coming back. Kessler seemed about as strong as Froch, they were both tired. Kessler also invested in the body and took some steam out of Froch. As successful as Taylor's early boxing was he didn't seem to take much out of Carl and he was never the stronger guy like Kessler was.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:57 PM   #50
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Taylor was dieing on his ass in the last round so nothing was coming back..

Froch had slotted the cunt, thats why nothing was coming back in the last two minutes of the round. You are doing to Froch precisely what you object to happening to Kessler...give the man some credit
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM   #51
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post

Froch had slotted the cunt, thats why nothing was coming back
I didn't say why, I just said he was.

Kessler wasn't. Kessler was certainly tired but so was Carl, far more so than he was in the Taylor fight. The reasons for that are fairly obvious.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #52
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
he was never the stronger guy like Kessler was.

When they were both throwing and landing it seemed to be Kessler (not always mind) backing off to me.

Kessler's persistence and volume however had Froch peddling backwards most the fight, so I guess stronger in that sense.
JonOli is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 06:13 PM   #53
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

Physical strength and power are not always interrelated. Quite often but not always. Cintron is a very good puncher but he's not very strong in close.

I think we're talking small margins for both of these two in these departments. Froch looked to punch harder but Kessler punched hard enough to back him up and had the physical strength to maintain it. Kessler was stronger in the ways that mattered, we didn't see them enough in close to determine raw strength.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 04-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #54
JonOli
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
we didn't see them enough in close to determine raw strength.
Raw strength! which warrior has the most raw strength?!

Well, we shall have to wait until part 2, to find out.

Quips aside, I do hope that they meet again, before they are both done, I'd like to see that.
JonOli is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum