Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: Haye's resume vs Adamek how's it looking?
Haye 17 77.27%
Adamek 5 22.73%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2010, 03:10 AM   #16
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650
Default Re: Haye's resume vs Adamek's, how's it looking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
I honestly haven't seen it done before and would favour Haye in a H2H at HW.
Me too, but Adameks record is better imo, those 17 extra fights make the difference.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-28-2010, 03:55 AM   #17
bigheadboxing

vCash: 143

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonOli View Post
Well at the time, when he left CW, there were about 7-8 guys out t
he top ten Ring ranked CW's he hadn't fought, including one who was holding - one of the major recognised respected belts.

Call me old fashioned, but that doesn't not constitute "cleaning out" a division to me.
Ok maybe clear out isn't the right word. Ill say he ran out of viable opposition. Did anyone really want to see those 8 fights to realise haye was the best in the division. Just because there's a top ten doesn't mean there's ten world title worthy fighters in each weight class, and cruiserweight is one of the weaker.
bigheadboxing is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 04:12 AM   #18
bigheadboxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
This has been done, Adamek's record is better, however for a fair comparison I ask:

How was Adameks resume compared to Hayes when he was 29?
How was his record compared to Hayes when he had 25 fights?
That would be a good way to compare them if they came from a similar background. But due to hayes success in the worlds as an amateur he began his career with a lot more exposure, he had an easier route to the title. Adamek had to do it the hard way fighting abroad and in small venues. If anything it shows adamek in a more favourable light seeing as he's achieved a very similar level of success from a handicapped position. There's not. Many multi weight champions that began with similar exposure to adamek.
Old 04-28-2010, 04:47 AM   #19
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadboxing View Post
That would be a good way to compare them if they came from a similar background. But due to hayes success in the worlds as an amateur he began his career with a lot more exposure, he had an easier route to the title. Adamek had to do it the hard way fighting abroad and in small venues. If anything it shows adamek in a more favourable light seeing as he's achieved a very similar level of success from a handicapped position. There's not. Many multi weight champions that began with similar exposure to adamek.
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here...easier route to the title? Haye won the cruiserweight title in his 21st contest, Adameks 21st fight was against a 3-4 can in Newcastle. Haye may have had an accelerated route to the title but it was certainly not easier
icemax is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 05:14 AM   #20
BoxingFanNo1
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2650

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadboxing View Post
Hold on while I grab my violin.

'Handicapped position', you're talking like he's from a 3rd world country.

What about Pacquiao then? He had it far harder than Adamek could ever even dream, look what he achieved, so please, spare me.
BoxingFanNo1 is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 05:21 AM   #21
robpalmer135
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Adameck won a belt at Light Heavyweght and a belt at Cruiserweight. Even though he got the ring belt at cruiser, he won it off Cunningham who was given the belt by default when Haye vacated.

Haye actually beat the Ring, WBC and WBA champion and went on to unify. His resume at Heavyweight is also better.
robpalmer135 is offline  Top
Old 04-28-2010, 05:28 AM   #22
bigheadboxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here...easier route to the title? Haye won the cruiserweight title in his 21st contest, Adameks 21st fight was against a 3-4 can in Newcastle. Haye may have had an accelerated route to the title but it was certainly not easier
Yeah I appreciate adamek didn't have to fight tougher opposition. But it was tougher in other ways I'd imagine he wasn't earning a great deal from these fights after he paid out all his expenses. You hear a lot about fighters who come up this way considering giving up because their not making enough to live of. Look at kevin mitchell he had to work on the underground to make ends meet. I doubt with the lucrative deal haye signed with the bbc and the money he's made since, he never had to worry about living/training costs etc. I suppose what I'm getting at is that it requires a lot of mental strength to come up the way adamek did.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:40 AM   #23
bigheadboxing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingFanNo1 View Post
Hold on while I grab my violin.

'Handicapped position', you're talking like he's from a 3rd world country.

What about Pacquiao then? He had it far harder than Adamek could ever even dream, look what he achieved, so please, spare me.
I'm merely comparing the two as this is the point of the thread. Obviously adamek wasn't the poorest person to ever start a career in boxing and equally haye didn't sign the greatest pro deal a fighters ever had. But if you compare the two, haye did have the more comfortable start.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:11 AM   #24
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by robpalmer135 View Post
Even though he got the ring belt at cruiser, he won it off Cunningham who was given the belt by default when Haye vacated.
Actually Cunningham Adamek was for the vacant Ring title, along with Cunningham's IBF strap.
Although I don't think Adamek deserved to be ranked as the number two contender, (and thus the bout shouldn't have been for the title), ahead of Guillermo Jones whose cruiserweight resume at the time was by superior.
ollyc is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum