Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 04-30-2010, 10:39 AM   #16
ishy
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Mayweather-Mosley, The Trainers How Big A Role Will They Play Come Fight Night??

Having Naazim will help Shane but it won't change the outcome. Roger doesn't really offer much to Floyd
ishy is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2010, 10:54 AM   #17
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

vCash: 75
Default Re: Mayweather-Mosley, The Trainers How Big A Role Will They Play Come Fight Night??

Nazim might help Shane shift it up. He's the only chance Shane has of navigating his way to not looking a cunt.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #18
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

I was thinking about the exact same thing recently, specifically about Nazim and the positive effects he has had a might have on Shane....I've been watching shit loads of both fighters recently of the two, and I was trying to notice exactly what differences there were between the Shane of the Cotto fight and the Shane from the Margarito fight.

I didn't notice a great improvement apart from better energy levels, he seemed far more bouncy and vibrant if that makes sense. The jab was also used with a bit more authority in the Marg fight which bodes pretty well for the fight tomorrow....his jab needs to be the best its ever been if he wants to cause an upset tomorrow.

Floyd is Floyd.....his trainer probably won't have an impact, unless he gets in any kind of serious trouble which would be interesting to see....Overall Nazim will have a positive impact, but just not quite enough.

I thought watching shit loads of both fighters would help me make a definitive prediction, but all it did was send me back and forth....I really want Shane to pull out something special
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 11:51 AM   #19
slip&counter
Gimme some X's and O's
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by antcull View Post
I didn't notice a great improvement apart from better energy levels, he seemed far more bouncy and vibrant if that makes sense. The jab was also used with a bit more authority in the Marg fight which bodes pretty well for the fight tomorrow....his jab needs to be the best its ever been if he wants to cause an upset tomorrow.
Really? For me it was night and day. He didn't wind and telegraph his shots like usual, he held after every sequence to disrupt Margarito's rythm, that clinching also was to zap Margarito's energy, His head movement and counter punching was much better, he had a much better set up then normal and blind folded Margarito before working the body which is what won him the fight.

The Shane of the Cotto fight takes so many more punches, Now granted he had a style advantage and maybe Margarito was just made to order and i personally believe he beats Plaster of Paris even without those improvements and being the Shane who loaded up on punches, but no one was saying that before the fight.

I think Shane's versatility will be a big factor vs. Mayweather.

Last edited by slip&counter; 04-30-2010 at 12:06 PM.
slip&counter is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 12:02 PM   #20
antcull
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip&counter View Post
Really? For me it was night and day. He didn't wind and telegraph his shots like usual, he held after every sequence to disrupt Margarito's rythem, that clinching also was to zap Margarito's energy, His head movement and counter punching was much better, he had a much better set up then normal and blind folded Margarito before working the body which is what won him the fight.

The Shane of the Cotto fight takes so many more punches, Now granted he had a style advantage and maybe Margarito was just made to order and i personally believe he beats Plaster of Paris even without those improvements and being the Shane who loaded up on punches, but no one was saying that before the fight.

I think Shane's versatility will be a big factor vs. Mayweather.
Fair enough....I reckon that was more to do with the opponent though, I didn't say I saw no improvement....It just wasnt that a great an improvement to convince me he can beat PBF.

When reviewing the fights I pretty much focused solely on Shane....I still think he looked rather good in the Cotto fight (I scored it to Shane), I think people have forgot how good Cotto was looking pre-Marg and I think Shane had that fight for the winning but his energy levels dropped, he neglected the jab and he let Cotto outbox him in the middle rounds

The Mayorga fight is a different story, he looked shocking for 11 rounds although Mayorga should be credited for making it hard.
antcull is offline  Top
Old 04-30-2010, 12:34 PM   #21
tony mush
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2863

Quote:
Originally Posted by sg85 View Post
The trainers will play no role whatsoever... unless Mosley hits Floyd with a low blow and Roger jumps in the ring again, then i fancy Naazim to get in and uppercut roger back over the ropes.
tony mush is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 04:55 PM   #22
LHL
Captain Freedom
East Side VIP

vCash: 2835

Did Sky show any of Mosleys corner work i was juiced, anyone tell me about Naazims work. I heard Roger shout "Box that Mutherfuker" a few times
LHL is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 05:12 PM   #23
threethirteen
Belt holder
ESB Addict

It was on HBO. Nazim told Shane to wake up and move his hands. He threatened to pull him out after the tenth.
threethirteen is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #24
Olu G. Rotimi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think you got your answers last night. When Mosley got his big shots in round 2 PBF's corner did not panic. All Uncle Roger and Leonard Ellerbe told him to do was box thats all he needed to do. Bingo it worked. They did not tell him to run they came up with a game plan for him to stay in the outbox Mosley hurt him with crisp accurate straight punches, keep jab in his face and hurt him to the body. Uncle Roger said before the fight that I say we get him in the middle of the ring then we got him. Spot on. He rightly pointed out before the fight that PBF would win on points because he was not aware that Mosley could be knocked out while Floyd Senior thought Mosley won't make it past round 11. You can see what Uncle Roger and Floyd Senior were getting at. Team Mayweather made the adjustments because it is a quality team PBF himself, Uncle Roger, Floyd Senior, Leonard Ellerbe, Diaz, Nate Jones et al.
Olu G. Rotimi is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 07:00 PM   #25
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

It was touching when Brother Nazim Richardson was saying..

"Come on, you need to take this guy out now, this is what Warriors do, and you have still got that warrior in you, you have did it before..so lets do it again"

Something along those lines...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 07:04 PM   #26
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Also after Mosley had taken a beating..

Brother Nazim Richardson, was shouting at Shane Mosley saying..

"Tell me your gonna move your head, and let some punches go"

Shane Mosley at first, did'nt look like he wanted to repeat it.

But then he repeated what Brother Nazim Rochardson said...

"Your not that tired if you can repeat that shit"

Brother Nazim Richardson, showed allot of passion with Shane Mosley.

He knew he was a warrior, and would of rathered been stopped on his feet..!! with his sheild up..!
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 07:07 PM   #27
Pug1list
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

^ That was very motivating from Brother Nazim
Pug1list is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2010, 08:19 AM   #28
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

That bit where he made him repeat what he was saying upset me personally. I do that when i coach children. I felt sorry for Shane. But i understand why Naazim did it because Shane looked like he was in another world.
Mandanda is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum