Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-01-2010, 10:22 AM   #151
Боксёр
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 102
Default Re: Kubrat Pulev pro debut

Short interview with Kurbat's opponent , he wasn't very confident but I cant blame him . He said he did spar with Kubrat before in Berlin . Will fly to Poland after the bout with Kubrat to spar with Albert Sosnowski .

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EX7O8PJcrNU[/ame]
Боксёр is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #152
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Good fight by Pulev. Orlov got DQ´d in round 7 for clinching, throwing an elbow and hitting at the back of Pulev´s head some times. Pulev got a cut from this elbow, but was clearly the better fighter.
Fullhouse is offline  Top
Old 05-01-2010, 07:55 PM   #153
Боксёр
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 102

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlExx2qKolw[/ame]
Боксёр is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #154
desoe
Journeyman

vCash: 500

What a wanker.
desoe is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #155
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

I’ve just finished watching the Kubrat Pulev vs. Evegeny Orlov fight. It was not a walk in the park for Pulev. He fought a very awkward opponent. Orlov is a tall fighter even though he is kind of soft. I have watched selected rounds of his fight with Pianeta. It went in a similar way.
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 10:58 AM   #156
Ivo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogii3 View Post
Gotzev, there are together since the end of 2008

Thanks Sneg

I thought that Ivaylo Gotzev worked with US based fighters only, ogii3. Besides, Wilfred Sauerland is not only a promoter but also a manager. He did not want to manage Pulev?
Ivo is offline  Top
Old 05-02-2010, 05:17 PM   #157
ogii3
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivo View Post
I thought that Ivaylo Gotzev worked with US based fighters only, ogii3. Besides, Wilfred Sauerland is not only a promoter but also a manager. He did not want to manage Pulev?
Gotzev likes to work with some fighters from former Soviet Union. His first big sign was Vasily Jirov back in 96, he worked also with Steve Johnston during this time and Li'l but bad was the first world champ of Gotzev's stable.

Gotzev sign a managerial deal around mid 2008 with Oleg Platov. During this time Platov still had some months with his contract with Sauerland. Maybe the last mach of Oleg under managerial contract with Sauerland was on the undercard of Valuev-Holy in December 2008 in Zurich. After that i think his contract was over and he fought just once in Germani in the middle of 2009. Some injuries cost a lot to Platov and this is the reason that he didn;t went to USA, where Gotzev is based.

Right now Ivailo Gotzev moved from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, where he build entierly new gym. One of his coaches is Hasim Rahman's brother - Ibn. Among some of his fighters are Ismail Syllah, who made great impact in his last fight stopping impressivly Daniel Judah and challenging Bernard Hopkins right after.

His old guys Sam Peter and Vasily Jirov also are with him. Gotzev sign a contract with Shannon Briggs. I am not sure if Liakhovich's contract is still valid, but i think their cooperation is over.

About working only with USA bassed fighters, Gotzev as all the others boxing managers are always seraching for a class. One of his laters signs are great Kazah fighter and former amateur star Genady Golovkin, who developed himself under Universum as a pro fighter. I saw Golovkin month ago in Las Vegas and right now he is based there.

Considering Pulev, there were talks sinse last few years. Gotzev was in Milano for world championships to deal with Kubrat, but as all we know the Bulgarian choose another direction.

About Orlov's fight, the Russian is very tough to fight with. Knows to use his size very well. Pulev was far away from his best, but it's not easy to adjust every week your game plan to a different fighter with so much changes of the plan. The best think IMO from Orlov's fight is the first bloud that Pulev dropped in pro ranks. The cut is part of the game.
ogii3 is offline  Top
Old 05-03-2010, 03:38 AM   #158
kirilpp

Kubrat started slow in the first couple of rounds as usual, but after the 4th when he was pushed down from Orlov, he started in different way, and in the 5th and 6th rounds he managed to threw some good combinations, but Orlov ruined his game with clinches and unallowded prioms.
kirilpp is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 02:08 PM   #159
sasho

Kubrat fought like amateur.He needs to change his trainer Mihail Takov immediately and to start with another trainer in Germnany.If he fights the same way with Platov , Platov will KO him for sure.This was his 8th fight and his style is absolutely the same as in his first fight.
sasho is offline  Top
Old 05-04-2010, 07:44 PM   #160
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasho View Post
Kubrat fought like amateur.He needs to change his trainer Mihail Takov immediately and to start with another trainer in Germnany.If he fights the same way with Platov , Platov will KO him for sure.This was his 8th fight and his style is absolutely the same as in his first fight.
Pulev basic style is fine. This is only his 8th pro fight. He will show some technical imporvement. I think Pulev better watch his weight. He would be better off in the mid 230's. At least I think so.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 12:29 PM   #161
SuzieQ49
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

God I hope this guy sends Vitali Klitschko back into retirement. Only a couple more years, and he will pick vitali apart.
SuzieQ49 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 03:43 PM   #162
kirilpp

Pulev vs. Platov is listed in BoxRec again
kirilpp is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 04:13 PM   #163
Fullhouse
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilpp View Post
Pulev vs. Platov is listed in BoxRec again
Yes, they´ll definitely fight on the Sylvester-Karmazin/Cunningham-Ross undercard. Hernandez will fight, too.

The main-events should be live on ARD. Pulev-Platov and Hernandez-tba probably on delay. Great card!
Fullhouse is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 05:09 PM   #164
bodhi
So I can die easy ...
East Side Guru

vCash: 1337

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullhouse View Post
Yes, they´ll definitely fight on the Sylvester-Karmazin/Cunningham-Ross undercard. Hernandez will fight, too.

The main-events should be live on ARD. Pulev-Platov and Hernandez-tba probably on delay. Great card!
Great card!! I really look forward for this.
bodhi is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 11:38 AM   #165
sasho

It is too early for him to fight Platov.I hope that he can outbox him.
sasho is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum