Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #16
ollyc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 876
Default Re: Lonsdale belt outright - John Murray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bill View Post
Murrays career is going as fast as his footwork, We both agree he struggled against Al-Hamidi, I think Al-Hamidi won that fight. You have said he has taken on all domestic opponents with the exception of Khan, That isnt entirely true there is still Kevin Mitchell.

What I dont understand is why Murrays camp is chasing the Khan fight instead of focusing on Kevin Mitchell who is the same division as Murray. Also why do you think the Khan-Murray fight was never going to happen?
Look. You know very well that Mick Hennessy doesn't have any sway with any of the ABC's, which is why Mitchell has already surpassed Murray despite having only had two fights at lightweight.
Murray can dream of a fight with Mitchell, but we all know he's going to have to continue on the route that his promoter has set him on before he get's a shot at a world title; British, Commonwealth, European, eliminator, and then a WBC shot. He probably will get to bypass the Commonwealth stage, seeing as he's already beaten the holder, but he;s going to have ot wait a bit longer before he reaches world level.
ollyc is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 05:29 PM   #17
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

I agree he should go after Mitchell regardless of whither Mitchell beats Katsidis . It would be a great fight although i think Mitchell would win . Murray vs Khan was never going to happen because there was a good chance at the time when it was serious possibility that Murray would have won . Khan was knocked down by a shot Gomez and Limond and Murray had the power and the ability to seriously trouble khan . A loss for Khan to murray would have damaged his career and cost frank ****** a lot of money.
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 05-05-2010, 07:04 AM   #18
saturday_kid
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bill View Post
Murrays career is going as fast as his footwork, We both agree he struggled against Al-Hamidi, I think Al-Hamidi won that fight. You have said he has taken on all domestic opponents with the exception of Khan, That isnt entirely true there is still Kevin Mitchell.

What I dont understand is why Murrays camp is chasing the Khan fight instead of focusing on Kevin Mitchell who is the same division as Murray. Also why do you think the Khan-Murray fight was never going to happen?
Mitchell wasn't campaigning at Lightweight then, and Murray has gone on record as saying he'd love the Mitchell fight now, doubt it will happen though.
saturday_kid is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum