Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2010, 03:16 PM   #46
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Seriously, I think everyone is bored of hearing this crap. I really don't care if your smarter than me, makes no difference to me whatsoever. You really are over-complicating this whole thing in a bad attempted to sound smart. To lose body fat - eat less and do sprints. Alter the amount you eat and the amount you sprint accord into your results. Simple as that.


You are the blind leading the blind. Yes I've heard the arguments for sprinting before and sprinting is good. I do my morning cardio at interval. But you cannot just flat out sprint and expect to burn more calories. The amount of calories you burn is more a function of distance.

I've seen the sprint argument and it is fucing dumb. Take this one.

Quote:
Low Intensity Walking For 60 Minutes At 3 mph:

Since there are approximately 100 calories used for every mile, this 60 minute session would burn approximately 300 calories. It was low intensity, so let's say 60% of those calories came from fat (and by the way, it's circulating fat, not body fat that you'll first use). 60% of 300 is 180 calories that came from fat.

High Intensity Sprinting For 20 Minutes:

Next, consider a high intensity sprinting session. Since I used the treadmill in the first example, I'll use the running for this (but it's much easier to do these outside vs. a treadmill). If you are able to do sprints for 20 minutes, you may burn 600 calories (again, just an estimate).
Now his numbers are a little off. You have to subtract resting calories etc so this guy is using the old 100Cal assumption which isn't quite right but I digress. What he is saying is that you will have walked 3 miles and sprinted 6 miles. That’s where the absurdity of sprinting alone comes into play. No one can sprint 6 ****ing miles inside of 20 minutes. Sprinting is great which is why I like interval training but it cannot be maintained.

You really don’t run that far when you are sprinting. The Cal/min sprinting is great but it cannot be maintained for very long. The body gasses and you are ****ingd done. A person in elite shape can top out at a little less than 30mph. Do the ****ing math has anyone ever run a 2 minute ****ing mile? Why the hell do you think that is?

The funny thin is one of the studies the quote above referenced was on interval training.

Last edited by Windigo; 05-07-2010 at 04:00 PM.
Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #47
SupraTT24
Heart Of A Champion
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 319
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

You cant calculate any of this shit by numbers... everyone's metabolism is different, as is what they burn when they workout, what climate they workout in, how hard they are pushing, flat or hills... you just cant calculate like that unless you know all the variables.

Bud, run when you can, and work hard and ull be fine. As for the VERY best you can do, run when you wake up, it's even better if ur waking up early lol. especially in the summer. Its cooler
SupraTT24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #48
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTT24 View Post
You cant calculate any of this shit by numbers... everyone's metabolism is different, as is what they burn when they workout, what climate they workout in, how hard they are pushing, flat or hills... you just cant calculate like that unless you know all the variables.

Bud, run when you can, and work hard and ull be fine. As for the VERY best you can do, run when you wake up, it's even better if ur waking up early lol. especially in the summer. Its cooler
Supra, he's smarter than all of us, don't even try.
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #49
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Supra, he's smarter than all of us, don't even try.


You asked for it. My first post was simple and direct advice. You came in making ignorant statements. Then you started spouting off glorified gym teachers as experts in physics, argumentum ad verecundiam, when you should have shut up.

Quote:
everyone's metabolism is different


No its not. Lots of ways to skin a cat but its still a cat. You don't have any special form of metabolism your body works the same as everybody else’. Mechanically you are not unique. You are the same model. If you lack some of the systems needed, like a lot of belly fat due to a ****ed up endocrine system, its due to defect its not because you are different but because you are broken. You should go see a doctor.

Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:13 PM   #50
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
You asked for it. My first post was simple and direct advice. You came in making ignornat statements. Then you started spouting off glorified gym teachers as experts in physics, argumentum ad verecundiam, when you should have shut up.
Where did I even mention physics?

You see the problem with everything you've said is this - you say what I'm saying is bullshit. Also what Alwyn Cosgrove says is bullshit. If that's true why have both me and Alwyn helped many people reach their fitness goals? Why is Alwyn known around the world as a fitness expert? Why do the techniques he gives for weight loss work for everybody? Why is it near enough all fitness experts share the same ideas for weight loss yet you say everybody is wrong, but um, it seems to work?

How many people have you actually trained?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:28 PM   #51
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Where did I even mention physics?


The fact that you didn't understand that he was using the 1st law of thermo is of no concern to me. The fact that you didn't even know the name of the law you were arguing and that he was making a physics argument should have been a sign that it was time to shut up. Once the point was made that he didn't know what hte **** he was talking about you still tried to argue that he did. The man never took a single true physics course in his life. He is no more qualified ot apply the 1st law than some guy I pull off the street.

Quote:
You see the problem with everything you've said is this - you say what I'm saying is bullshit. Also what Alwyn Cosgrove says is bullshit. If that's true why have both me and Alwyn helped many people reach their fitness goals? Why is Alwyn known around the world as a fitness expert? Why do the techniques he gives for weight loss work for everybody? Why is it near enough all fitness experts share the same ideas for weight loss yet you say everybody is wrong, but um, it seems to work?


If you can get them in regularly there is no such thing as a fitness program that doesn't "work". Post hoc ergo propter hoc the cause is not what you are attributing it too. If you can get them to commit the outcome of improvement is inevitable and cannot be attributed to your methods. Like I said before getting them to comitt is the most important part. However, this is a board for a competitive sport. Commitment isn't good enough. If you oponenent's trainer is just as good of a motivational speaker as you are and a whole hell of a lot better at the other 10% given equal talent your guy is going to get his ass kicked.


Quote:
How many people have you actually trained?


Many

Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #52
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
If you can get them in regularly there is no such thing as a fitness program that doesn't "work".


Well there you go then. All of this over the top detail was pointless. People like things made simple. You may be smarter than me, I know the very basics, but I know enough to help someone lose weight, that's all I need to know as I've said all along.

I said Cosgrove knows what he's doing fitness-wise, I didn't say he knows more about physics than you. Hell, I never even mentioned physics at all. I bought Cosgrove into this because he's one of the best, but everything he does is obviously wrong because he's a dumbass that doesn't know about physics! Oh how stupid!
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 01:56 AM   #53
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Well there you go then. All of this over the top detail was pointless. People like things made simple. You may be smarter than me, I know the very basics, but I know enough to help someone lose weight, that's all I need to know as I've said all along.

I said Cosgrove knows what he's doing fitness-wise, I didn't say he knows more about physics than you. Hell, I never even mentioned physics at all. I bought Cosgrove into this because he's one of the best, but everything he does is obviously wrong because he's a dumbass that doesn't know about physics! Oh how stupid!
[/font][/color][/font][/color]
You just missed the whole ****ing point. Its that 10% that wins and makes you a great trainer. You are nothing but a motivational speaker. You sell snake oil. If you are a trainer with your attitude you are a fraud. You sell self-confidence nothing more. You are no different than some guy on a late night infomercial.

Last edited by Windigo; 05-08-2010 at 05:19 AM.
Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 08:27 AM   #54
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
You just missed the whole ****ing point. Its that 10% that wins and makes you a great trainer. You are nothing but a motivational speaker. You sell snake oil. If you are a trainer with your attitude you are a fraud. You sell self-confidence nothing more. You are no different than some guy on a late night infomercial.
Hmmm. People asked me to help them lose weight. I trained them and guess what, they lost weight. I don't see where the fraud comes in? Same with any other goal they had.

So your that 10% better than everyone else accord into yourself. Why aren't you at the same level as Cosgrove, Waterbury, Cressey, Defranco etc?
viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 09:58 AM   #55
RDJ
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: I'm not your buddy, pal.
Posts: 6,581
vCash: 202
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Relax people, this is a guy who thinks people only slap in amateur boxing
RDJ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 11:45 AM   #56
girl
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 61
vCash: 1248
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejokerswild View Post
All that at 1am? You're a fanatical trainer mate.


Naw. If I'm out at 01:00, I probably won't get up as early as you do, maybe 09:00. That's a decent 7 hours of snooooooze.
girl is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #57
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDJ View Post
Relax people, this is a guy who thinks people only slap in amateur boxing
The tap on top of the head hasn't permeated armature boxing on all levels? We've had plenty of threads on this and seen it with our own eyes.

**** off!
Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:12 PM   #58
Windigo
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,362
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by viru§™ View Post
Hmmm. People asked me to help them lose weight. I trained them and guess what, they lost weight. I don't see where the fraud comes in? Same with any other goal they had.
You train on a routine you will loose weight. They could do it themselves or they could use you. Post hoc ergo propter hoc you are falsely attributing the cause. Its up to you to bother to learn how the body works and optimize your program and then sell it to them. You are so stupid you have to over simplify things for you to understand them. You over simplify things to your clients not to yourself.

I'm reminded of the forward to Jack Dempsey's book, where he comments on how all the snake oil salesmen have infected boxing because of the money. Sports training is much the same right now. Lot of bullshit out there you are on the side of the bullshiters.

Quote:
So your that 10% better than everyone else accord into yourself. Why aren't you at the same level as Cosgrove, Waterbury, Cressey, Defranco etc?
You again missed the whole ****ing point. I'm at times amazed by how stupid you are. And you have people pay money and put their faith in your expertise. I didn't say my 10% its all our 10%. 90% is selling it to the athlete. You could do nothing but squat thrusts and push-ups and it would "work"(meaning there would be improvement since you didn't get that point last time genius). What separates a great trainer from all the snake oil salesmen is actually selling a product that is more than just motivation.

And why aren't I on their same level. Well its not my career. I choose a different path. I train kids as a hobby but I obviously work a lot harder at keeping myself informed than you do and I don't even get paid.
Windigo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 04:38 PM   #59
viru§™
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 4,143
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
You train on a routine you will loose weight. They could do it themselves or they could use you. Post hoc ergo propter hoc you are falsely attributing the cause. Its up to you to bother to learn how the body works and optimize your program and then sell it to them. You are so stupid you have to over simplify things for you to understand them. You over simplify things to your clients not to yourself.

I'm reminded of the forward to Jack Dempsey's book, where he comments on how all the snake oil salesmen have infected boxing because of the money. Sports training is much the same right now. Lot of bullshit out there you are on the side of the bullshiters.

You again missed the whole ****ing point. I'm at times amazed by how stupid you are. And you have people pay money and put their faith in your expertise. I didn't say my 10% its all our 10%. 90% is selling it to the athlete. You could do nothing but squat thrusts and push-ups and it would "work"(meaning there would be improvement since you didn't get that point last time genius). What separates a great trainer from all the snake oil salesmen is actually selling a product that is more than just motivation.

And why aren't I on their same level. Well its not my career. I choose a different path. I train kids as a hobby but I obviously work a lot harder at keeping myself informed than you do and I don't even get paid.
Your still going?

viru§™ is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 05:35 PM   #60
Kevin_Wright
King of Awesomeland
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 489
vCash: 326
Default Re: Is there a best time to go running?

I don't really know all the science behind it. But I do know that I was stuck at 175 lbs for several months. And when I started doing less sprinting and more jogging. Going for distance and length instead of speed. I'm down to 165 now.

So I would say that what works for me would be 25-30 minutes of interval training. More jogging than sprinting.

Last edited by Kevin_Wright; 05-09-2010 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Clarification
Kevin_Wright is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013