Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #61
Duodenum
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Do you blame Mike Tyson for biting Evander Holyfield's ear?

Well, at least he spit the ear piece back out, instead of swallowing.
Duodenum is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 06:31 PM   #62
Titan1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
So True, D.Thank God he didn't eat it.His career would have gone to certain levels he didn't want it too.
Titan1 is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #63
TBooze
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duodenum View Post
See, he put the cause back; I always telling the Misses to swa....

No, that is too much info
TBooze is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 09:56 PM   #64
bald_head_slick
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I blame the ref. Holyfield's father must have been a billy goat!
bald_head_slick is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #65
werety
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Yes he should be blamed but I think its a stretch when people say Tyson strategically bit holyfield's ear as a cowardly way out of the fight. Mike Tyson's just a ****ing crazy guy and it makes more sense that he responded to being fouled in a crazy way, not so much that he used it as a way to get out of a losing battle.
werety is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 07:23 AM   #66
punchy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalasinn View Post
Indeed the biting was his responsibility, he made the outrageous decision to do it and I am angry at him for not retaliating correctly with either low blows or elbows, it should have been a great fight. Tyson wanted to cause as much pain as possible, but he also wanted to quit due to the nasty cuts above his eyes and the anger that he knew Holyfield was free to continue butting without warning, however it is vital one acknowledges the intelligent way Holyfield went about it. What I do despite is claims that he wanted to quit because he was 'losing', imo he won the 2nd round by a wider margin that Holyfield won the 1st.
Could you explain to me how headbutting Tyson was intelligent, this is one of the worst fouls you can do in a fight and the ref s used to let Holyfield get away with it, Look what happened to Danny Green when he did it to Marcus Beyer in their first fight he was DQ.
punchy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 08:33 AM   #67
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by punchy View Post
Could you explain to me how headbutting Tyson was intelligent, this is one of the worst fouls you can do in a fight and the ref s used to let Holyfield get away with it, Look what happened to Danny Green when he did it to Marcus Beyer in their first fight he was DQ.
I think Holyfield should have not tried to butt Tyson and I think looking back he does too. He should have just tried to beat his ass. Tyson really didnt start falling apart in the first fight until after he was headbutted. In fact at one point in the first fight, he tried to ram his head into Holyfields to get out of that fight.
Holyfield knew Tyson would fall apart if he cut him up. As Ive said, I dont think Tyson would have looked for a way out of the fight if he wasnt cut up, he was trying really hard, but after the second round, he left the corner without his mouthpiece. I think at that point he knew exactly what he was going to do because he felt like he couldnt win. If you watch the very end of the commentary when Jim Gray interviewed Tyson near his dressing room, he didnt let anyone touch his cuts because he wanted the cameras to see how badly he was cut over both eyes. Tyson looked like he was going to kill anyone that said the wrong thing to him, and Im sure Gray was very nervous giving that interview.
lefthook31 is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #68
punchy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook31 View Post
I think Holyfield should have not tried to butt Tyson and I think looking back he does too. He should have just tried to beat his ass. Tyson really didnt start falling apart in the first fight until after he was headbutted. In fact at one point in the first fight, he tried to ram his head into Holyfields to get out of that fight.
Holyfield knew Tyson would fall apart if he cut him up. As Ive said, I dont think Tyson would have looked for a way out of the fight if he wasnt cut up, he was trying really hard, but after the second round, he left the corner without his mouthpiece. I think at that point he knew exactly what he was going to do because he felt like he couldnt win. If you watch the very end of the commentary when Jim Gray interviewed Tyson near his dressing room, he didnt let anyone touch his cuts because he wanted the cameras to see how badly he was cut over both eyes. Tyson looked like he was going to kill anyone that said the wrong thing to him, and Im sure Gray was very nervous giving that interview.

My point is how did Holyfield know Tyson would fall apart if he was headbutted, If Tyson left his corner without the mouthpiece he had something in mind as retaliation, but it is complete rubbish that this was planned by Holyfield in any way so that Tyson would look for a way out.

Tyson's actions were spur of the moment, Holyfield's actions were to influence the outcome of the fight, no one likes being butted he used it as a weapon but it was probably not intended to cut Tyson the way it did. but any premeditation you have to be kidding.
punchy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 11:43 AM   #69
lefthook31
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

I think your misunderstanding me. I didn't say Holyfield tried to cut Tyson up and didn't really like how it reflected on the fights but he did intentionally use his head as not only a weapon but a way to protect his chin. It's how his style evolved. Moreso once he came off his toes and began to fight more flat footed.
lefthook31 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum