Old 05-11-2010, 05:54 PM   #31
HairyHighlander
BASS !! HOWLOWCANUGO ??
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guarenteed way of making money on Khan v Malignaggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingscience View Post
like you i'm a very good gambler. i also did the mayweather win over mosley after mayweather got hurt at odds 4/5. i also did dirrell to beat abraham. ward to beat kessler, and martinez to beat pavlik. like i said i'm very good, but not even i would put money on khan. too dodgy. he's a fighter who i just don't feel confident in. i got confidence in his ability, but i'm going to be crapping myself everytime a punch lands on him, and that there is just not for me.

your bet should come through. if i had a choice i would choose khan, but not at them odds. no way.

Whys your V Cash 500 ?

I know i know, its fun money but given your post, i feel a bit cheated now.
HairyHighlander is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2010, 05:58 PM   #32
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by HairyHighlander View Post
Whys your V Cash 500 ?

I know i know, its fun money but given your post, i feel a bit cheated now.
Go Hairy
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 06:14 PM   #33
Shrewd_dude
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxingscience View Post
the trick to gambling is stick to something you really know. i know boxing, and that's what i mainly stick to.

most people lose money in gambling either because they put money on good odds and just hope, which is no good, and it normally fails. if i put money on an underdog, then it has to be because i really think he'll win, not because of the odds. number two reason people lose money is because they can't wait to put a bet on after winning money, and then lose it on something stupid, and then they end up chasing their lost money. those sort of people are addicted to gambling. if you're addicted to gambling, then you'll lose. simple as. sometimes i can wait for months to put a bet on. i only bet if i see something good, and it'll have to be boxing.
This is possibly one of the best mug punter posts i've read. You won't put money on good odds because it normally fails and if you put money on the underdog it has to be because you think it will win not because of the odds.

Basically saying you will back short priced odds even if it is too short because it has more chance of winning but you won't back an odds against shot even if it is far bigger than it should be because you don't have a feeling it will win. Ridiculous.

So if someone sees a fight with 1/2 shot v a 11/8 in their head they shouldn't back the 11/8 shot at 15/8 because its good value odds just because it 'normally' fails. Also if a 2/1 underdog is 5/1 they shouldn't back it unless they 'really' think it will win.
Shrewd_dude is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 06:43 PM   #34
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
So you've tipped Khan on the straights when he's as short as 1/8 and then acted like it's a shrewd betKeep loading up on these 'guarantees' son
I'm not tipping I'm telling you it's a guarentee, and when something is a guarentee, its really generous for the bookies to even be offering odds on a guarentee lol, thats why im advising all of you to put your life savings on Khan because you will make a decent profit, from a done deal outcome.
ai786 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 06:49 PM   #35
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ai786 View Post
I'm not tipping I'm telling you it's a guarentee, and when something is a guarentee, its really generous for the bookies to even be offering odds on a guarentee lol, thats why im advising all of you to put your life savings on Khan because you will make a decent profit, from a done deal outcome.
Just like Mayweather decision was a guarantee? Yet you still backed Mosley to cover your bet on this guaranteed outcome?
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #36
cankerd
Journeyman

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrewd_dude View Post
This is possibly one of the best mug punter posts i've read. You won't put money on good odds because it normally fails and if you put money on the underdog it has to be because you think it will win not because of the odds.

Basically saying you will back short priced odds even if it is too short because it has more chance of winning but you won't back an odds against shot even if it is far bigger than it should be because you don't have a feeling it will win. Ridiculous.

So if someone sees a fight with 1/2 shot v a 11/8 in their head they shouldn't back the 11/8 shot at 15/8 because its good value odds just because it 'normally' fails. Also if a 2/1 underdog is 5/1 they shouldn't back it unless they 'really' think it will win.
Don't think you can lump this fella in with the plum who started this thread, to be fair. If I review the losing bets I've ever made, they tend to follow a bit of a pattern - feel I'm on a roll and just want to keep going... easily done. On the odd occasion I've bet on horses I've nearly always lost because... I know **** all about horse racing. On occasion though - and this needs a bit of discilpline, obviously - I've rolled a modest amount around the 100 mark into 1000+ by sticking to gimmes in sports I'm familiar with, and not getting carried away. Easier said than done, but I take the lads point - you see some of the vcash balances knocking about on these forums and bet those bastards wished they'd backed their knowledge with hard currency.
cankerd is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:26 PM   #37
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djoc175 View Post
Just like Mayweather decision was a guarantee? Yet you still backed Mosley to cover your bet on this guaranteed outcome?
It's called smart betting covering up your bet, because of the big odds for Mosley to win on points which was like 11/1 so i didn't mind staking a small amount on him to cover my main big bet,, but in my mind I had no doubt Mayweather would take him to school over 12 rounds.
ai786 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:30 PM   #38
cankerd
Journeyman

Quote:
It's called smart betting covering up your bet, because of the big odds for Mosley to win on points which was like 11/1 so i didn't mind staking a small amount on him to cover my main big bet,, but in my mind I had no doubt Mayweather would take him to school over 12 rounds.
You're headed for a fall, ****nut - the only guaranteed returns in betting come through arbs, and they are tedious as hell to hunt up.
cankerd is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #39
ai786
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cankerd View Post
You're headed for a fall, ****nut - the only guaranteed returns in betting come through arbs, and they are tedious as hell to hunt up.
prey on my downfall but I'm a winner end off
ai786 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #40
djoc175
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Apparently you had enough doubt to cover your bet.
djoc175 is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:36 PM   #41
hit me HARDER

vCash:

Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the only guarantee you're bringing to the table, is that you can't spell guaranteed.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #42
cankerd
Journeyman

Quote:
Hey, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow - but soon...
cankerd is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:37 PM   #43
TheUzi
MISSION INCOMPLETE
ESB Addict

vCash: 315

Quote:

I think you're full of shit. Put up a picture of these bets,you probably bet next to fak all
TheUzi is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:45 PM   #44
TFFP
The Eskimo
East Side VIP

vCash: 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by hit me HARDER View Post
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but the only guarantee you're bringing to the table, is that you can't spell guaranteed.
TFFP is offline  Top
Old 05-11-2010, 07:49 PM   #45
bigphilla1
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

if mayweather winning was a guarantee why did bet mosley at all why didnt you just put the money you had on mosley on top of ur mayweather bet and win more if its such a guarantee....underdogs are there to wreck the heads of gobshites like you i pray amir khan loses straight onto this thread with a grin
bigphilla1 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum