Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-07-2010, 05:31 PM   #1
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Was Floyd Mayweather being abit..

Of a twat towards his dad..?

You can see how hurt, Floyd Mayweather Senior is in this video.

I don't understand what Floyd Mayweather Senior actually did, for him to fall out with Junior.

If it was'nt for his dad, he would'nt be where he is today..! there would be no foundation.

His dad's in good shape in this video aswell, considering his health issues and age.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYHZxm4YAjg[/ame]
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #2
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Default Re: Was Floyd Mayweather being abit..

Dudes in great shape period. Most guys half his age with no health issues don't look that good.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Dudes in great shape period. Most guys half his age with no health issues don't look that good.
Yeh the mayweathers have great genetics aswell, i can remember during Mayweather vs De La Hoya 24/7.

Floyd Mayweather was eating sweets, and drinking coke while trainning.

Maybe he was just showing off, infront of the cameras though
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 06:14 PM   #4
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I think Senior Mayweather has been a bit of a git throughout Floyd s life.

Floyd Jnr said in the past his dad use to beat him + being drunk unreliable ex crack addict philanderer might slightly put him off.

Just because someones your dad they can still be an unlikable asshole.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 05-07-2010, 08:59 PM   #5
wrimc
Champion
East Side Guru

The Mayweathers are just genetically bred fighters Floyd is the perfect fighter the genetics the upbringing is all just condusive to becoming a brillaint fighter im pretty sure Floyd wont be the last of the Mayweather clan to excel in boxing either
wrimc is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 02:36 PM   #6
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrimc View Post
The Mayweathers are just genetically bred fighters Floyd is the perfect fighter the genetics the upbringing is all just condusive to becoming a brillaint fighter im pretty sure Floyd wont be the last of the Mayweather clan to excel in boxing either
I think your spot on...
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Don't know why Senior was playing the emotional card. In another 24/7 (I think it was Hatton-Mayweather) when they told him Floyd took his anger against his dad out on his fighters, he said, he better take it out on them because if he takes it out on me I'll give him an ass-kicking
Akxtinguish is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 03:37 PM   #8
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
I think Senior Mayweather has been a bit of a git throughout Floyd s life.

Floyd Jnr said in the past his dad use to beat him + being drunk unreliable ex crack addict philanderer might slightly put him off.

Just because someones your dad they can still be an unlikable asshole.
I think that part about his dad being a crackhead drunk and beating him up as a little boy, might have something to do with his dissasociation with his dad.

If my dad was like that I would want to disown him as well.
destruction is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 03:45 PM   #9
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by destruction View Post
I think that part about his dad being a crackhead drunk and beating him up as a little boy, might have something to do with his dissasociation with his dad.

If my dad was like that I would want to disown him as well.
Yeah exactly it would, Lil' Floyd's shown a lot of strength of character to get to where he has.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 03:52 PM   #10
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Floyd senior always comes across as a horrible nasty bitter old man who turned his son into a boxing machine so that the world would finally give him the respect HE believes HE's due . Thats why he threw ricky into sparring with lara so that roger would be impressed with how good HIS fighter is . Thats why he resents roach who is a better coach so much . Thats why he worked with de la hoya so he could try and show floyd jnr that he'd be nothing without HIM .
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 03:57 PM   #11
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebufershair View Post
Floyd senior always comes across as a horrible nasty bitter old man who turned his son into a boxing machine so that the world would finally give him the respect HE believes HE's due . Thats why he threw ricky into sparring with lara so that roger would be impressed with how good HIS fighter is . Thats why he resents roach who is a better coach so much . Thats why he worked with de la hoya so he could try and show floyd jnr that he'd be nothing without HIM .

Sounds just about right to me

and that's a good point about the Lara sparring wtf was the point in him sparring a LMW (southpaw yes)in preparation for Pacquiao. Lara obviously worked him over then came out in the press saying Hatton wasn't all that....utter bullshit.

Last edited by Guy; 05-08-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Guy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #12
brucebufershair
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy View Post
Sounds just about right to me

and that's a good point about the Lara sparring wtf was the point in him sparring a LMW (southpaw yes)in preparation for Pacquiao. Lara obviously worked him over then came out in the press saying Hatton was all that....utter bullshit.
I think that was a massive factor in what happened against pac . Getting battered by a LMW former cuban amatuer standout who was probably closer to SMW in weight at that point is going to take it out of anybody . Why put your fighter in with a guy like that something like a week before he's due to fight a hard punching fiend like pac . All your going to do is diminish his punch resistance and wreck his confidence. Madness Mayweather snr just lost he plot and all the attention went to his head.
brucebufershair is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 04:18 PM   #13
Guy
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucebufershair View Post
I think that was a massive factor in what happened against pac . Getting battered by a LMW former cuban amatuer standout who was probably closer to SMW in weight at that point is going to take it out of anybody . Why put your fighter in with a guy like that something like a week before he's due to fight a hard punching fiend like pac . All your going to do is diminish his punch resistance and wreck his confidence. Madness Mayweather snr just lost he plot and all the attention went to his head.

His confidence was incredibly low when he came into the ring the look ofa man being taken to the gallows.. as for the punch resistance that had already boarded a plane back to Manchester
Guy is offline  Top
Old 05-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #14
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akxtinguish View Post
Don't know why Senior was playing the emotional card. In another 24/7 (I think it was Hatton-Mayweather) when they told him Floyd took his anger against his dad out on his fighters, he said, he better take it out on them because if he takes it out on me I'll give him an ass-kicking
Sr is one of the funniest dudes there is. I'm still mad at him for talking shit about Pac with no proof but I love listening to him speak.

"why I got a boxing glove around my neck? Man you go'ne make me choke you"

Sr: well my favourite basketball player is Michael Jordan, still today, but am I a fan of a, uh particular team, well I gotta see somebody doing the same thang that Jordan did.

Ellie Seckbach: Kobe?

Sr: I aint, I aint talkin bout no selfish ass, I'm talkin bout somebody dat playin team ball, not no selfish ass., jumpin up and uu, uh shootin, I aint talkin bout dat kinda oh stuff

Hatton: Same moove every tyyyme

Sr: From Frehh Roach?

Hatton: Yeah

Sr: Frehh Roach, same moo das whut I wah ughagahgasd tryna tell ya

Hatton: Right hook roll under, right hook roll under

Sr: bebebebeep ****, bebebbbbebup ****in..

To roach "He paid you less than I aksed him for. He paid you less than I aksed him for"

Roach: The only time I need to get hard is when I'm with a girl

Sr: (sounding like he just blew his load) Frehhhhd, Frehhhhd, Frehhd, Fred, when? when? When you gon'e get hard? when you go'ne get hard? talking bout when I, uhh when I get a uh gu uh girl"
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-14-2010, 02:02 AM   #15
Akxtinguish
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ero-sennin View Post
Sr is one of the funniest dudes there is. I'm still mad at him for talking shit about Pac with no proof but I love listening to him speak.

"why I got a boxing glove around my neck? Man you go'ne make me choke you"

Sr: well my favourite basketball player is Michael Jordan, still today, but am I a fan of a, uh particular team, well I gotta see somebody doing the same thang that Jordan did.

Ellie Seckbach: Kobe?

Sr: I aint, I aint talkin bout no selfish ass, I'm talkin bout somebody dat playin team ball, not no selfish ass., jumpin up and uu, uh shootin, I aint talkin bout dat kinda oh stuff

Hatton: Same moove every tyyyme

Sr: From Frehh Roach?

Hatton: Yeah

Sr: Frehh Roach, same moo das whut I wah ughagahgasd tryna tell ya

Hatton: Right hook roll under, right hook roll under

Sr: bebebebeep ****, bebebbbbebup ****in..

To roach "He paid you less than I aksed him for. He paid you less than I aksed him for"

Roach: The only time I need to get hard is when I'm with a girl

Sr: (sounding like he just blew his load) Frehhhhd, Frehhhhd, Frehhd, Fred, when? when? When you gon'e get hard? when you go'ne get hard? talking bout when I, uhh when I get a uh gu uh girl"

Some of my favourite Sr. moments right there.
Akxtinguish is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum