Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 05-15-2010, 05:08 PM   #1
phierl
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Fight Night in Denmark

Just watched this event featuring danish boxing talent such as Rudy Markussen, Patrik Nielsen and Kim Poulsen.

I was very impressed with Rudy coming off a forced 3.5 year lay-off. The other guys are very young,
but they have talent and can do well for themselves if they fulfill their potential.

Are there anyone who saw this event and/or have any thoughts?
phierl is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 05:30 PM   #2
mc50341
Journeyman

Default Re: Fight Night in Denmark

well... Rudy had a much better comeback fight than Mads Larsen had when he made his comeback. He didnīt seem that locked in his movements as expected, but instead he seemed strong and confident. I am looking forward to his next fight, it has to be better planned than the case was with Mads Larsen, he didnīt fight that often, it was almost a comeback everytime he fought since his original comeback. The rumours are that Rudy could fight Mads in a fight or two, it can only be interesting for the danish fans though. If Rudy does well in the next fights, I believe he can have fight for the EBU belt (McGee) or perhaps WBO/WBA vs (Stieglitz/Sartison). If Bute decides an easy fight against Rudy, he should decline..
Patrick Nielsen could be a contender in a few years if he is handled good with the right opponents etc. Kim Poulsen is the one who gives me the least anticipation, do not think he will achieve much, have lost a fight against a low reputation boxer and to night was not impressing but a win though..

Waiting for the rematch between Vinni S and Cecilie B!

Just my thoughts on fight night in DK
mc50341 is offline  Top
Old 05-15-2010, 06:11 PM   #3
phierl
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Default Re: Fight Night in Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc50341 View Post
well... Rudy had a much better comeback fight than Mads Larsen had when he made his comeback. He didnīt seem that locked in his movements as expected, but instead he seemed strong and confident. I am looking forward to his next fight, it has to be better planned than the case was with Mads Larsen, he didnīt fight that often, it was almost a comeback everytime he fought since his original comeback. The rumours are that Rudy could fight Mads in a fight or two, it can only be interesting for the danish fans though. If Rudy does well in the next fights, I believe he can have fight for the EBU belt (McGee) or perhaps WBO/WBA vs (Stieglitz/Sartison). If Bute decides an easy fight against Rudy, he should decline..
Patrick Nielsen could be a contender in a few years if he is handled good with the right opponents etc. Kim Poulsen is the one who gives me the least anticipation, do not think he will achieve much, have lost a fight against a low reputation boxer and to night was not impressing but a win though..

Waiting for the rematch between Vinni S and Cecilie B!

Just my thoughts on fight night in DK
Yeah I agree with your thoughts about Rudy and Larsen. Larsen was too focused on fighting Kessler, so he waited far too long to have another fight, and Magee wash not another tuneup fight. Larsen is mentally not there anymore and his body has aged. I think Rudy would beat him without too much trouble.

Kim Poulsen has no power in his shots and he is not such a natural talent as Patrik, but he is a decent boxer and he should keep training. He needs to be more versatile though. He should use more feints and lateral movement. His defense coming in is also questionable, so work on the head/body movement. His punches need to be picked better and a little more accuracy will do well. Don't know if his coach Brian Mathiasen is the right guy to teach him these things though.

Patrik wasn't properly tested tonight, but the natural talent is very evident, and I can see why people think he resembles Kessler although I'm not sure he's that big of a talent yet... alot too learn as well.
phierl is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum