boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 07:31 PM   #1
Primadonna Kool
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000
Default Fighters your emotionally attached to..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcknrDioMw[/ame]

I want to know, what fighters your emotionally attached to..? beyond fan and a supporter.

I don't care if, no one reads what i'm about to write....well as long as one person reads it.......i'm ok with that.

I've never really been emotionally attached to a fighter since Mike Tyson. I wasn't a fan, i was there with Mike Tyson inside of the ring, i was almost in his corner in his last years.

What memories he gave me..............i remember crying myself to sleep when Mike Tyson lost to Kevin Mcribe. I wasn't one of these Mike Tyson fanatics that where stupid, who thought he would beat king kong.......i was a realist.

I was put on a week long depressed and angry state, when Mike Tyson was beaten by Lennox Lewis. "I was a fan of Lennox Lewis" but not emotionally attached.

You know...like football fans are to there team, like all the Liverpool fans.

When Mike Tyson retired, i became very bitter towards him. Pretty much like Teddy atlas, and that's when i started to become real about Mike Tyson.

You see i hold Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis in higher regard.

But Mike Tyson was just something else, and i don't think another boxer will ever grab a hold of me like Mike Tyson did.

These days, I'm a fan of fighters. But i can leave the room, and run to the kitchen to get a drink. And carry on listening to the fight from afar, its no big deal. Sometimes even though I'm supporting a fighter, if it's become a one sided fight.

I actually want the other guy, to start fighting back more. Tag the fighter I'm supporting, and hurt him, ohhhhhhh what the hek smack him about abit.

Just for my own satisfaction and entertainment, you know...its makes it more an event.

But..

When Mike was fighting i couldn't leave the room. I was on the edge of my chair, and at times i just couldn't bare the pressure. Before a fight, i felt nervous as hell and would pace up and down my living room...as if i was preparing to fight myself...........unbelievable feeling.

"it was like being on some kind of psychological drug"

No fighter since has ever did this to me, many people on here may think I'm a bigger fan of Roy Jones Junior. Because i very rarely speak about Mike Tyson, in recent threads ive even made comments like this........

"Can't find the thread...but i was stating that Larry Holmes would beat a prime Mike Tyson and some other stuff"........search engine if ****ing ****!!!!!

Because in a way, i was left hurt by how Mike Tyson left the game. We all waited patiently, for the old Mike Tyson to return, like Christians and religious folk hold on....they just hold on.

"And wait for Christ to reappear........."

I hung on his every word, and interview week after week. Maybe it was because i was young, and i was at the influential stage in my life "when you look up to people", but when you become a man, things change....and you want people to look upto you................

"I'm second to no one..."

I'm quite a arragont person, i compare myself to David Haye. I'm not a bad person, but by my own admittances I'm a primadonna, but my heart is in the right place, thats all that matters. Very few people can get to my heart in life, but Mike Tyson was one of those people.

Ive never returned to TysonTalk.com since his final fight, i don't watch his fights on a daily basis like i used to, or listen to interviews over and over again, and i don't speak of him to friends or during training.

But sometimes when i'm training, and no one's around. "I still want to be like Mike"...i may walk in the pub in a nice fitted t-shirt, with my traps and shoulders on display.

And as i make my entrance, i will twitch my neck back and fourth. "And nod to afew local peeps.........just like Mike.

He was not a superstar, he was beyond that.

This might sound gay, but it must of been love. Or something like it, and some people say your heart can only love once.

Fighters like Audley Harrison, Danny Williams, Roy Jones Junior, Evander Holyfield have got my respect.........but its just not the same.

And i don't know if it ever will be...
Primadonna Kool is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #2
SouthpawSlayer
Im coming for you
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Fighters your emotionally attached to..

amazingly honest post

****ing great post, mike had this affect on a lot of people
SouthpawSlayer is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #3
under the wire
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Location: When u sleepin im workin, when u workin im workin too
vCash: 500

Froch in a way. Such a brave fearless warrior. I was gutted when he lost. And of course my man Paulie.
under the wire is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
Camm
Journeyman

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by under the wire View Post
Froch in a way. Such a brave fearless warrior. I was gutted when he lost. And of course my man Paulie.

im with you on that one (well, not for Paulie) but i get consistently ripped from my friends for supporting Froch!!

Was really gutted when Kessler out-foxed him!!
Camm is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #5
MagicMan91
The Main Event Mafia
ESB Addict

vCash: 179

Paulie for me. I really admire how much he achieved in the sport considering his late start, injury trouble & lack of natural power. The amount of ***** he shows in his fights is unreal at times, dude's got the heart of a lion. He's great at selling a fight but is always respectful after them as shown last night. He's always got time for his fans as well, spending a lot of time on Twitter & Facebook talking to them. I was ridiculously happy when I got to meet him over here & despite being in a rush he hung back to take a picture with me (although I left it on zoom, cut half of my face out, he looks like a fish and I look like a crackhead ) The Magic Man documentary was a great watch as well & his defeats hurt me as though I've been beaten myself. Its been one hell of a ride following his career
MagicMan91 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddson View Post
duuuude, i get it, but cmon this is to much
sugarsean is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:07 PM   #7
sugarsean
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1057

fair play Prima, you put a lot into that post,
sugarsean is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #8
BIG WORM
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 6785

I was sad for Hatton when he lost to Floyd ....

but that's bout it in recent times, i ain't been watching boxing for that long man..... Good post though, Mike Tyson's a legend.. You don't have to be a big boxing fan to understand where Tyson's coming from
BIG WORM is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:12 PM   #9
safc1990
Goodbye Bolo :(
ESB Addict

vCash: 2952

For me, Manny Pacquiao as the fighter who first got me into the sport on a hardcore basis. Was off college one day when I decided to watch some boxing on YouTube when I stumbled across this video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5CAFUX79w[/ame]

The rest, as they say, is history.
safc1990 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:22 PM   #10
AS92
*****hole

Carl Froch.
It's just his style, and the fact that he is misunderstood by many people.
He also isn't in the mainstream of boxing, which imo he deserves to be, due to his willingness to fight anyone and because he is entertaining in and out of the ring.
Yes I'm a nuthugger.
AS92 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:32 PM   #11
leo_messi
Belt holder
ESB Addict

For me, probably only Andy Lee.

To be honest, I dont know why. I mean i dont love him like the way you describe your eh 'love' for Tyson, but he is my favourite fighter around today, and when I think of it I cant explain why.
The only rational explanation is I used to watch him as an amateur and liked his style as a boxer. After that I've followed his whole career to date from the start, so i've watched him evolve as a fighter etc..
Also, he's a top bloke.

I was gutted when he lost to Vera and get nervous for him every time he fights. I also get very anxious for him to win and win with style..
leo_messi is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:38 PM   #12
rockandrollstar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1940

Carl Froch for me.

Love his style, never in a boring fight.

And being a massive fan of Indie music and films, I love that he isn't mainstream
rockandrollstar is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:43 PM   #13
RyDogg123
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1028

Danny Williams! Never kno whos turnin up... Mark Potter knockout is EVERYTHING this country is based on! The Tyson fight, everyone knows he fought a shot tyson but he ate bombs from mike and wouldnt be denied, in Mikes backyard! LEGEND
RyDogg123 is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:48 PM   #14
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post

And as i make my entrance, i will twitch my neck back and fourth. "And nod to afew local peeps.........just like Mike.

AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
onourway
Haye KTFO1 Wlad
ESB Addict

vCash: 1075

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadonna Kool View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I want to know, what fighters your emotionally attached to..? beyond fan and a supporter.

I don't care if, no one reads what i'm about to write....well as long as one person reads it.......i'm ok with that.

I've never really been emotionally attached to a fighter since Mike Tyson. I wasn't a fan, i was there with Mike Tyson inside of the ring, i was almost in his corner in his last years.

What memories he gave me..............i remember crying myself to sleep when Mike Tyson lost to Kevin Mcribe. I wasn't one of these Mike Tyson fanatics that where stupid, who thought he would beat king kong.......i was a realist.

I was put on a week long depressed and angry state, when Mike Tyson was beaten by Lennox Lewis. "I was a fan of Lennox Lewis" but not emotionally attached.

You know...like football fans are to there team, like all the Liverpool fans.

When Mike Tyson retired, i became very bitter towards him. Pretty much like Teddy atlas, and that's when i started to become real about Mike Tyson.

You see i hold Evander Holyfield and Lennox Lewis in higher regard.

But Mike Tyson was just something else, and i don't think another boxer will ever grab a hold of me like Mike Tyson did.

These days, I'm a fan of fighters. But i can leave the room, and run to the kitchen to get a drink. And carry on listening to the fight from afar, its no big deal. Sometimes even though I'm supporting a fighter, if it's become a one sided fight.

I actually want the other guy, to start fighting back more. Tag the fighter I'm supporting, and hurt him, ohhhhhhh what the hek smack him about abit.

Just for my own satisfaction and entertainment, you know...its makes it more an event.

But..

When Mike was fighting i couldn't leave the room. I was on the edge of my chair, and at times i just couldn't bare the pressure. Before a fight, i felt nervous as hell and would pace up and down my living room...as if i was preparing to fight myself...........unbelievable feeling.

"it was like being on some kind of psychological drug"

No fighter since has ever did this to me, many people on here may think I'm a bigger fan of Roy Jones Junior. Because i very rarely speak about Mike Tyson, in recent threads ive even made comments like this........

"Can't find the thread...but i was stating that Larry Holmes would beat a prime Mike Tyson and some other stuff"........search engine if ****ing ****!!!!!

Because in a way, i was left hurt by how Mike Tyson left the game. We all waited patiently, for the old Mike Tyson to return, like Christians and religious folk hold on....they just hold on.

"And wait for Christ to reappear........."

I hung on his every word, and interview week after week. Maybe it was because i was young, and i was at the influential stage in my life "when you look up to people", but when you become a man, things change....and you want people to look upto you................

"I'm second to no one..."

I'm quite a arragont person, i compare myself to David Haye. I'm not a bad person, but by my own admittances I'm a primadonna, but my heart is in the right place, thats all that matters. Very few people can get to my heart in life, but Mike Tyson was one of those people.

Ive never returned to TysonTalk.com since his final fight, i don't watch his fights on a daily basis like i used to, or listen to interviews over and over again, and i don't speak of him to friends or during training.

But sometimes when i'm training, and no one's around. "I still want to be like Mike"...i may walk in the pub in a nice fitted t-shirt, with my traps and shoulders on display.

He was not a superstar, he was beyond that.

This might sound gay, but it must of been love. Or something like it, and some people say your heart can only love once.

Fighters like Audley Harrison, Danny Williams, Roy Jones Junior, Evander Holyfield have got my respect.........but its just not the same.

And i don't know if it ever will be...
You gay?
onourway is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum