boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-17-2010, 05:27 AM   #16
finalfight
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Amir Khan, you know you've made it....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philphy Rich View Post
Because he's fought FIVE feather fisted midgets in a row.

He avoids punchers as well as elite boxers.

That's why.

Oh, and because he's a ****.
Spot on the money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-b View Post
You're a nobody AND a ****. Do you think Amir's worried about what a worthless *** like you thinks? He could be undisputed champ early next year and you'll still be angrily talking **** from your keyboard. LOSER.
Oh, big man - a keyboard spartan right there! How do you know this poster is a nobody AND a ****? You assume both and assumption makes as ass of u and me (but mainly you)!
finalfight is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2010, 05:30 AM   #17
abzmanc
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1225

Just seen an interview of diBella on the Scene, Khan getting very high praise from him. Mallignagi team, very gracious in defeat, and to quote Lou, "The kid can f***ing fight" gotta love it!!
abzmanc is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 05:49 AM   #18
dan-b
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfight View Post
Spot on the money!

Oh, big man - a keyboard spartan right there! How do you know this poster is a nobody AND a ****? You assume both and assumption makes as ass of u and me (but mainly you)!
Another blind hater.
dan-b is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #19
hopkinsfan07
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1305

Quote:

That's why.

Barrera is featherfisted now then
hopkinsfan07 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #20
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

I realised he was an elite British fighter when he referred to himself in the third person in the post fight interview

I actually love when fighters do that
Squire is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:40 AM   #21
Davro
u wnt sum i`ll give it ya
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkinsfan07 View Post
Barrera is featherfisted now then

tbf tho amir khan has his fair share of detractors in the british boards. he has always been disliked for one thing or another.

i honestly don't understand where the arrogance angle that some people come at him with - i don't think it is possible to be any more humble with his achievements in the sport.

the only thing he has done is told carl froch, who has suddenly decided he is the peoples' champion and the voice of reason, to shut his ****in mouth. though i think kessler ended up doing that for him

probably my favourite british boxer of the last five years - since hatton turned into a deluded clown, an atg legend in his own head.
Davro is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #22
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalfight View Post
Spot on the money!

I remember you. You're the same idiot that's always on that Floyd vs Pac thing. You're not a fan of boxing, you're a fan of fighters, and one in particular you Leonard Ellerbe wannabe. Guess what? You're making Floyd fans look like jackasses. Floyd would tell you "don't ride my **** and then make me look bad". From this I can assume that you're an ass.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #23
Davro
u wnt sum i`ll give it ya
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:

That's why.

amir khan has a dodgy chin. he has been apparently knocked out cold by sparring partners, khan doesn't even make a secret of it anymore.

if you think freddie roach is gonna put him in with maidana and the likes just to keep clowns like you and the haters happy, then you're a re****.

khan has had frightening speed and power since he came on the scene - professional boxing for him has consisted of getting his opponent in the corner and knocking him out within three rounds.

roach is clearly picking big name but low risk (punching power) fighters, to introduce Khan to elite level BOXING. Khan could have unleashed on Malignaggi anywhere from Round 5 onwards and put him to sleep, the plan for Roach was to use Malignaggi as a big occassion boxing exercise in his own back yard.

only when Khan is a fantastic boxer; can attack, defend himself, counter punch, win tight exchanges, is he going in with a big puncher again. Before Roach picked up Khan he was too one dimensional - he was going for a KO and not protecting himself in the pursuit. he is a fantastic potential but part of that is fulfilling it by gradually developing him - his whole career nearly went off the rails with the poor choice of Breidis Prescott.

khan is not the finished article yet and has nothing to prove to you or anyone. he is already a world title holder and could easily go toe to toe with Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, Nate Campbell, Timothy Bradley or even Ricky Hatton tomorrow. You seem to forget that Khan did something that Miguel Cotto couldn't to Malignaggi - that is a frightening achievement for a 23 year old.
Davro is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:05 AM   #24
Bozzie

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davro View Post
amir khan has a dodgy chin. he has been apparently knocked out cold by sparring partners, khan doesn't even make a secret of it anymore.

if you think freddie roach is gonna put him in with maidana and the likes just to keep clowns like you and the haters happy, then you're a re****.

khan has had frightening speed and power since he came on the scene - professional boxing for him has consisted of getting his opponent in the corner and knocking him out within three rounds.

roach is clearly picking big name but low risk (punching power) fighters, to introduce Khan to elite level BOXING. Khan could have unleashed on Malignaggi anywhere from Round 5 onwards and put him to sleep, the plan for Roach was to use Malignaggi as a big occassion boxing exercise in his own back yard.

only when Khan is a fantastic boxer; can attack, defend himself, counter punch, win tight exchanges, is he going in with a big puncher again. Before Roach picked up Khan he was too one dimensional - he was going for a KO and not protecting himself in the pursuit. he is a fantastic potential but part of that is fulfilling it by gradually developing him - his whole career nearly went off the rails with the poor choice of Breidis Prescott.

khan is not the finished article yet and has nothing to prove to you or anyone. he is already a world title holder and could easily go toe to toe with Devon Alexander, Victor Ortiz, Nate Campbell, Timothy Bradley or even Ricky Hatton tomorrow. You seem to forget that Khan did something that Miguel Cotto couldn't to Malignaggi - that is a frightening achievement for a 23 year old.
This...

All the Khan bashing gets old after a while. The man will be bigger and better than Naseem especially in the states. He has the hunger and desire to actually train hard and get to the top of the game, whats wrong with that? Support him and his talent instead of turning on him and saying the same ol boring ****. He is 23, he says he wants to fight the best in the business, all the slicksters and the heavy hitters, he wants to line them up and take them out 1 by 1, good luck to the man.

**** all the Khan haters tbh
Bozzie is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum