Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 05-16-2010, 08:03 PM   #16
AndrewFFC
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fighters your emotionally attached to..

My favourite fighter is Ricky Hatton.

Sometimes when I walk in to the pub I pump my fists together, then throw a left hook to the body- just like Ricky.

Last edited by AndrewFFC; 05-16-2010 at 08:15 PM.
AndrewFFC is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #17
Mandanda
SkillspayBills
East Side VIP

Cotto...The Night He was Beaten By Margo left me stunned...gutted...and shocked...the way he boxed so beautifully and then unraveled so quickly..his face as he gets off canvas and nods to Uncle makes me sad...especially when people call him a quitter. He was a mess and Setanta showed him walking back to changing rooms...on his jacks with a towel wiping blood...never forget that.

Even Though I'm 21...i look at this guy as a role model...i don't idolize no one...but i respect all..Miguel is a gentleman and someone who is good for our sport.

Katisidis is slowly but surely becoming joint number 1...always been a fan since Earl and last night...i clapped and cheered his name. Glad he won...he wanted it so bad!
Mandanda is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 08:42 PM   #18
jdawg
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Used to have it with Bruno growing up, despite being more of a Lewis fan you couldnt help but have that desire for Bruno to succeed. He warmed to you in a way that Lennox despite being the superior fighter couldnt do, the night Frank finally won the title at wembley im sure a few of us on here got a bit choked up.

Nowdays less so, was gutted with Kevin at the weekend as ive followed him alot but not to the extent that i could call it emotional. Though I feel for fighters who cant let go like Evander and RJ, that gets to you when you see faded greats blissfully unaware that their stars have long since faded and damaging their legacies that deserve to be admired
jdawg is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 PM   #19
rockandrollstar
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1940

Quote:
Originally Posted by onourway View Post
You gay?
RIPPED!!!!!!!

rockandrollstar is offline  Top
Old 05-16-2010, 09:16 PM   #20
Squire
Never Truly Lost
ESB Addict

vCash: 7213

I'm a Klitschko nuthugger, no doubt about that. I find I have to dig very deep to admit that a fighter can beat them, and even then its only really Lennox Lewis or Ali I'd pick ahead of them. I was just a casual fan when the Klitschkos last lost a fight, but I think I'd be ****ing horrified and devastated to see either of them lose now. These days I'm getting a bit nervous about Vitali, I hope he doesn't go on too long. I've never been more worried about a big fight than when Vitali came back to fight Peter- boxing writers and journos seemed to be split 50-50 on who would win, and I didn't like those odds at all

I feel I can be pretty objective about anyone else. I'm a bit biased in favour of Brits, and then Europeans, but not to a nuthugger degree. I do get nervous watching Khan though, I feel like he'll probably get KO'd again within a couple of years- but I'll enjoy it in the meantime
Squire is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 04:56 AM   #21
Tony Bellew
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I have the same buzz with Mayweather,Tyson and Bowe.. It has me going nuts when Mayweather fights...
Tony Bellew is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 05:00 AM   #22
Addie
MAB.
East Side VIP

vCash: 842

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo2Ix4wXel8[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQa8j6SShO4[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslPeE4TqFs[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRF_3VeI-LQ[/ame]
Addie is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:14 AM   #23
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

That was a great post. You're really emotional about this shit aren't you? I remember one post you made where you talked about how you were gonna be taken to court but Floyd inspired you to not worry about it but hey, whatever, that was real. I hope you talk the same way in real life too cuz we need more people being open like that. We live in a ****ed up reserved society where if you show a little bit of emotion or character people look at you funny. I don't think I've felt like that about any fighter, not as stong as you felt about Tyson anyway, but my favourite fighter by far is Pac, and he's more than just a fighter to me. I look up to him. He started with nothing and still made it. It makes me feel ashamed that I have everything I need to make it and I still take it easy sometimes, don't put in work and not make the most of it. Watching Pac helps me stand up and put in the work I need too.
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #24
Wickio
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 93

I'm bordering on being gay for Carl Froch. That night in Herning I could have killed someone after the scorecards were announced. I wasn't sad about it, but for some reason I was so uncontrollably angry. Pushed some Danish guy over on the stairs, ran to the ring to throw some abuse at Tilleman and got the **** out of there.

After I chilled out I realised I was just being a bit of a fag.

Hatton-Mayweather was an emotional night for me. I think, like plenty of others, I fell for the hype that Ricky had the beating of Floyd and set myself up for a huge disappointment.

Cotto is a standout for me, too. The Margarito fight left me gutted, and to a lesser extent, the Pacquiao fight.
Wickio is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 06:54 AM   #25
'Ben'
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Location: The Pie eating... Triad beating... Undisputed king of ESB
vCash: 75

Carlos Quintanta. I love him.
'Ben' is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:14 AM   #26
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

If I'd been alive when Ali was fighting I can imagine that I'd be so attached to him that it would be hard to watch him take punishment.

I used to love Hatton until I realised he was a bit of a doosh. When he got sparkled off of mayweather it was hard to watch him go head first into the turn buckle.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:16 AM   #27
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Ocsar is my all time fave , but Hatton stole my heart !!!!!

I remember watching the Mayweather fight and crying my eyes out , in a state of pure and utter despair watching my boy getting picked apart , i was ****in rotten drunk too and my best mate (who was also my best man at my wedding ) said ****in hell he's gettin pasted here or something to that affect , i jumped up off the couch and said me and you outside now !!!!! ha ha ha ha ha , i was heart broken after that fight and i mean fully heart broken like losing a family member , the Pacquaio fight was a little similar in the fact i was once again heart broken but i was fully expecting Manny to beat him pretty convincingly but the way it unfolded shook me to my socks , and i couldnt get the image of Hatton lying there out of my head for days !!!!!!
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #28
MIK1000
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Ocsar is my all time fave , but Hatton stole my heart !!!!!

I remember watching the Mayweather fight and crying my eyes out , in a state of pure and utter despair watching my boy getting picked apart , i was ****in rotten drunk too and my best mate (who was also my best man at my wedding ) said ****in hell he's gettin pasted here or something to that affect , i jumped up off the couch and said me and you outside now !!!!! ha ha ha ha ha , i was heart broken after that fight and i mean fully heart broken like losing a family member , the Pacquaio fight was a little similar in the fact i was once again heart broken but i was fully expecting Manny to beat him pretty convincingly but the way it unfolded shook me to my socks , and i couldnt get the image of Hatton lying there out of my head for days !!!!!!

Yeah I wanted to cry when Hatton went down. I was in a room full of mates and I would have got ripped though. No Homo.
MIK1000 is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:27 AM   #29
DonBoxer
The Lion!
ESB Addict

For me its Lennox Lewis , naturaly evry fan of boxing is emotionally attached to names like Ali and feels like shit watching him fight Holmes but my personal attachment is Lewis.
Going through his life , watching him avenge his losses , waching him shut Golota up in the first round. I just like anything the guy does.
DonBoxer is offline  Top
Old 05-17-2010, 07:35 AM   #30
Jeff Young
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 7241

Paulie....The guy got kicked out of school, and his gradfather took him to the gym, hoping that he would get his ass beat to make him get in line....Instead he found out he was good at it...and this "dead end kid" made it, while having very little power all throughtout his carear...

He is a real as you can get, when he speaks....Always makes the effort to reachout to his fans....

Took an ass beating from cotto, and cameback to win a world title...Will fight anybody no matter what the odds.....and when he loses, still fights his heart out every step of the way.....

His documentary on his life is really good....a motivating story of defeat and triumph...all the sht paulie gets from people need to watch it....It will make the haters think twice about paulie....

and of course how can you forget this...
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcEE-VFLrBI[/ame]
Jeff Young is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum